For the sake of clarity

Amkzul

Noone is asking for more than a 1x server.  Its simple, while many folks are perfectly happy in their cp or repeating the spider quest thousands of times. (Which is what I did). Alot of us simply dont have the time or will power to play on a server that is not what it should be. 

I understand ncsoft needs to make a buck but as it stands buying VIP to take your drop rate from .5 to .75 (generous estimation) is asinine. In the games current state It forces casual players that want to advance to purchase soulshot.  This is just simply not okay.  In the classic experience it was supposed to be hardcore and it was.  The difference was i could at a minimum break even while using soulshot and generally I would have a lucky full drop daily.  Since moving to the current classic servers you cant even spoil at a decent rate with or without VIP 4. 

My point is this.  Drops rates are obviously messed up. If this was intentional shame on you ncsoft.  Nothing drives players away faster than shady business .   I will be watching and hoping you will do the right thing so that myself an the 14 others I was playing with can return.

2 minutes ago, Amkzul said:

Noone is asking for more than a 1x server.  Its simple, while many folks are perfectly happy in their cp or repeating the spider quest thousands of times. (Which is what I did). Alot of us simply dont have the time or will power to play on a server that is not what it should be. 

I understand ncsoft needs to make a buck but as it stands buying VIP to take your drop rate from .5 to .75 (generous estimation) is asinine. In the games current state It forces casual players that want to advance to purchase soulshot.  This is just simply not okay.  In the classic experience it was supposed to be hardcore and it was.  The difference was i could at a minimum break even while using soulshot and generally I would have a lucky full drop daily.  Since moving to the current classic servers you cant even spoil at a decent rate with or without VIP 4. 

My point is this.  Drops rates are obviously messed up. If this was intentional shame on you ncsoft.  Nothing drives players away faster than shady business .   I will be watching and hoping you will do the right thing so that myself an the 14 others I was playing with can return.

Or you know as a casual player, you could roll a dwarf, craft your own shots on the cheap and once you have the money, roll up your main class that your dwarf supports. Simple as that.

5 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Or you know as a casual player, you could roll a dwarf, craft your own shots on the cheap and once you have the money, roll up your main class that your dwarf supports. Simple as that.

I actually had a dwarf.  Two infact.  A scavenger that stopped being viable last update and a crafter.  I personally had no issues earning adena as i bought low and sold mats high.  

In addition to my dwarfs I was running decent support but that said thats far more than a casual player should have to do.  Crafting and market manipulation takes more time and effort than casual players have

9 minutes ago, Amkzul said:

In the classic experience it was supposed to be hardcore and it was.  The difference was i could at a minimum break even while using soulshot and generally I would have a lucky full drop daily.

Maybe, but you still could not afford new weapons on your main if you did not have a dwarf alt (and weren't doing illegal RMT).

2 minutes ago, Krissa said:

Maybe, but you still could not afford new weapons on your main if you did not have a dwarf alt (and weren't doing illegal RMT).

True but back then you could train bots for gear if you got really desperate

Archived