Spoil Rates are not fine IMO ( with a bit of evidence)

Ghecko

Hello,

I am playing a Spoiler and i just got to level 36, people keep telling me the spoil rates are fine...i decided to take matters into my own grubby dwarf hands and try to gather some more info.

I spoiled 100 Leto Lizardman Archers: All spoils landed ( i used lvl 36 spoil skill that has almost 100% landrate on the mobs in question.)

100 mobs is indeed a small sample pool.

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Leto_Lizardman_Archer

Results : 

1x Mithril Banded Gaiters Material

5x  Leather

Video proof: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/326055593

The test starts @ 3h:56min includes chat window with "spoil condition activated " highlighted.

On the EU server that mob has a 19.87% — 24.47% chance for Leather and a 8.211% — 10.027% chance for Mithril Banded Gaiters Material.

I know the EU serv and the US server are totally different...not contesting that, i just want an official answer from a GM that this is the correct rate for the US server.

Please keep the conspiracy theories/"PRO l2 input" to a minimum and lets have a nice constructive discussion.

I invite other spoilers to post similar tests...lets get to the bottom of this thing!

PS: i know the posted behind me fell off the wall, im guessing it tried killing itself when it realised how much it will take to grind for enough leather to craft 1 pice of B grade armor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Ghecko said:

Hello,

I am playing a Spoiler and i just got to level 36, people keep telling me the spoil rates are fine...i decided to take matters into my own grubby dwarf hands and try to gather some more info.

I spoiled 100 Leto Lizardman Archers: All spoils landed ( i used lvl 36 spoil skill that has almost 100% landrate on the mobs in question.)

Results : 

5x  Leather

The test starts @ 3h:56min includes chat window with "spoil condition activated " highlighted.

On the EU server that mob has a 19.87% — 24.47% chance for Leather and a 8.211% — 10.027% chance for Mithril Banded Gaiters Material.

I know the EU serv and the US server are totally different...not contesting that, i just want an official answer from a GM that this is the correct rate for the US server.

Please keep the conspiracy theories/"PRO l2 input" to a minimum and lets have a nice constructive discussion.

I invite other spoilers to post similar tests...lets get to the bottom of this thing!

PS: i know the posted behind me fell off the wall, im guessing it tried killing itself when it realised how much it will take to grind for enough leather to craft 1 pice of B grade armor.

I didn't posted any proof's since the spoil rate is real. Meaning it sucks big time. But let me say that I spoiled https://l2wiki.com/classic/Lafi_Lizardman_Scout in FT for 3/4 days. For say 12 hours in total. I don't know how many I killed but I usually stayed in 1 room and cleared it pretty fast. The spoil rate for Iron Ore is around 1/10 - 1/15 on x2 HP mobs, while in l2 wiki it has 72.22% — 79.92% to spoil 1-3 Iron Ores.

Waiting for "pro's" saying that this is fine to get 5 leather in 1 hour of farm or 10 Iron Ores in 1 hour.

And that's from spoil :) 

PS: In before "but .. but AOE!!!" No! Stop it with your broken mage aoe party.

3 minutes ago, Ghecko said:

I made a Highlight of the stream that jumps straight at the start of the test :  https://www.twitch.tv/videos/326186139 and since i cant edit my post anymore...here it is.

..and LOL at the 200 adena drop :)) Geez!

Also, great catch with that highlighted Spoil has been activated.

Thanks ! :)

EDIT: Or 140 adena in total :)) Man! I hadn't logged in in 5-6 days , but seeing this, I have NO desire to keep playing until they fix the rates !

4 minutes ago, IceAge said:

..and LOL at the 200 adena drop :)) Geez!

Also, great catch with that highlighted Spoil has been activated.

Thanks ! :)

EDIT: Or 140 adena in total :)) Man! I hadn't logged in in 5-6 days , but seeing this, I have NO desire to keep playing until they fix the rates !

The adena rate is what it is...im not 40+ to see for myself whats happening with adena drop rate past lvl 40. but that spot gives me a nice chunk of profit for SS used ( tarbar is the reason ofc).

also the highlited spoil condition is awesome...makes your life a lot easier, glad it helped.

1 minute ago, Ghecko said:

The adena rate is what it is...im not 40+ to see for myself whats happening with adena drop rate past lvl 40. but that spot gives me a nice chunk of profit for SS used ( tarbar is the reason ofc).

also the highlited spoil condition is awesome...makes your life a lot easier, glad it helped.

You are Romania? :)

• L2 Team
1 hour ago, Ghecko said:

Hello,

Results : 

5x  Leather

This is something I am looking into right now on the spoil rates. We increased the rates for Adena quantity/item drop/spoils across the board by 2x on 10/11, but I will see if there was another issue for spoils when we received the fix.

11 minutes ago, Juji said:

This is something I am looking into right now on the spoil rates. We increased the rates for Adena quantity/item drop/spoils across the board by 2x on 10/11, but I will see if there was another issue for spoils when we received the fix.

Just put everything x1. Coz increasing 2x something that is 0.05x-0.10x is not that big of a deal.

1 hour ago, Juji said:

So that means the Adena drop we have now, will stand firm ? Item drop were never an issue. 

I am still waiting for fixes in the spoil category at least. Didn't touch L2 in 6 days and I will not do it unless you are really going to fix the spoil at least. And by fix, as the above said, not x2 from 0.15-0.20% we have now, but for the sake of this server, go ahead and enable normal x1 spoil.

Also , no one ever spoiled more then 1 material from any mob, no matter the chances. Care to look into that too ?

19 minutes ago, IceAge said:

So that means the Adena drop we have now, will stand firm ? Item drop were never an issue. 

I am still waiting for fixes in the spoil category at least. Didn't touch L2 in 6 days and I will not do it unless you are really going to fix the spoil at least. And by fix, as the above said, not x2 from 0.15-0.20% we have now, but for the sake of this server, go ahead and enable normal x1 spoil.

Also , no one ever spoiled more then 1 material from any mob, no matter the chances. Care to look into that too ?

I spoiled two suedes on the same mob today. I also spoiled many times two items (stem and leather tunic pattern). When you guys write something down, maybe you should make sure it’s true. I’m not saying the rates are fine. What I’m saying is instead of complaining that rates are not fine, bring evidence, numbers, details... My spoiler is only lvl 18 and I’m on Gludio server. Could Gludio be unaffected by the broken rates because it was opened after the last maintenance? Maybe the issues are not the same on every server so when you guys claim something is not right, give as many details as possible. I’m sure it will help the devs fix things faster.

18 minutes ago, Karadoc said:

I spoiled two suedes on the same mob today. I also spoiled many times two items (stem and leather tunic pattern). When you guys write something down, maybe you should make sure it’s true. I’m not saying the rates are fine. What I’m saying is instead of complaining that rates are not fine, bring evidence, numbers, details... My spoiler is only lvl 18 and I’m on Gludio server. Could Gludio be unaffected by the broken rates because it was opened after the last maintenance? Maybe the issues are not the same on every server so when you guys claim something is not right, give as many details as possible. I’m sure it will help the devs fix things faster.

If that's the case, maybe that particular mob isn't effected? I don't know... For what its worth, for some reason, at of all the mats, suede seems to have the least nerfed rates.

You see, this has been an issue since launch and there have been hundreds on hundreds of complaints and reports. You're they first person to claim theve accomplished spoiling more than one mat on these forums, that I have seen and Im pretty active here..... To clarify, spoiling more than 1 item should be happening regularly.

There are mobs that damn near guarantee multiple mats, like bone, and not a single person has provided a screen showing a spoil of more than one. 

Same with drops. Mobs do not drop more than 1 item and there have been no claims or screenshots suggesting otherwise.. However, there just might be a mob that does that we don't know about....

39 minutes ago, IceAge said:

False. In Orc Barracks I have managed to get several animal skins at once. Also it's the only place I would say has normal spoil rates, like 50+% coal rate. Abandoned camp also decent. 
But all the other places I tried is shit yes. Like Ruins of Agony I spoiled for 2 hours and got 1 steel,~15 iron ores... Yes all spoils landed, Se 25lvl buffs, shots non stop.

42 minutes ago, Karadoc said:

Well , I didn't know that. My bad about that part it seems.

17 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

False. In Orc Barracks I have managed to get several animal skins at once. Also it's the only place I would say has normal spoil rates, like 50+% coal rate. Abandoned camp also decent. 
But all the other places I tried is shit yes. Like Ruins of Agony I spoiled for 2 hours and got 1 steel,~15 iron ores... Yes all spoils landed, Se 25lvl buffs, shots non stop.

As I said, my bad. Orc Barracks I heard it has also the most decent Adena drops from all spots. 

Anyway, beside this .. mistake, everything I said stands.

It's clear they didn't nerf spoils/adena/drops by the same amount on each mob at the beginning and they haven't fixed disparities between mobs.  My own guess is that they took rates from current live server or some intermediate update in which much nerfing had been done, some mobs nerfed much more than others.  As folks who have played spoilers on the live game over the years well know, they nerfed spoils worse than adena and drops, so it's no surprise they are the most nerfed here.  The simplest and fairest solution is to set up spoil/drop/adena rates and VIP4 boosts so that VIP4 gets 1x rates and free players get some substantial fraction of that for ALL mobs.      

Now were getting somewhere.

I cant help buy wonder if these discrepancies existed at launch or were caused/exacerbated by the "fix" they supposedly implemented.

I hope staff understands that spoil rates need to be adjusted separately from adena. Instead of just boosting them both by same rate....

on Aden i've never gotten more than 1 unit to drop / spoil, but on rare occurrences i have had 2 / 3 items spoil or 2 items drop from 1 kill. I', currently level 26 and this is fighting spiders / bears and cats. The spiders are dropping coral earrings (2 sofar).

But the spoil rate if definitely low. You can go 10-20 kills with no spoil / drop and then get 1-3 in a row, but its always 1 unit dropping.

4 minutes ago, Zielsziek said:

on Aden i've never gotten more than 1 unit to drop / spoil, but on rare occurrences i have had 2 / 3 items spoil or 2 items drop from 1 kill. I', currently level 26 and this is fighting spiders / bears and cats. The spiders are dropping coral earrings (2 sofar).

But the spoil rate if definitely low. You can go 10-20 kills with no spoil / drop and then get 1-3 in a row, but its always 1 unit dropping.

Not always 1 unit dropping, I've gotten 3 I. ores from a mob.

42 minutes ago, zzzzzzzz said:

dont lie. multiplier is broken and its not working  . u always get 1  by drop/spoil.

where u got that iron ore?

Why would anyone lie about something like spoiling iron ore? I got it from an ol mahum general. 

4 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Why would anyone lie about something like spoiling iron ore? I got it from an ol mahum general. 

im 47 lvl spoiler and i NEVER EVER had more then 1 material from spoil

pre 40 i killed 10k+ mobs that are supposed to give me more then 1 item .

19 hours ago, Ghecko said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I have never seen an official post on the rates of this server for anything not xp not spoil not adena not anything which is crazy to me cus its the FIRST thing I see in  any new server.

Also when they buffed the rates all we got was "u will notice an increase from 50-200% on spoil/adena/drops" without saying something like "hey spoil was 0.20% and now its 0.75!" nope just hiding the rates and everyone has to find on their own like its some school project.Doubt u will get any answer from the gm's they've been gone since thursday replying 1-2 times per day and then nowhere to be seen even when the whole shitstorm with the rates hit u'd see 3-4 replies every day it's the worst player treatment I've ever seen.

Archived