Spoil Rates are not fine IMO ( with a bit of evidence)

Ghecko

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So i played approx 2 to yesterday on my 31 to 32 scavenger. During that time i gathered 58k (vendor sell prices) in materials from spoil / drops off green / white mobs. I wasn't tracking adena drops but i do have a spreadsheet i made to track what the value of all the mat's i'm carrying are worth.

That 58K includes the vendor value of  recipes : Artisan frame, brigadine helm, iron boots, Shilen knife

I played live years ago and don't recall actual drop rates, but how much adena should we be making an hour to progress normally?

Hi! Im playing as scavenger lvl 28, im spoiling Lesser Basilisk and Skeleton Marauder @ Wasteland.

Well i've been there about 4 hours (to use my halloween buff) and i didnt get A SINGLE double/triple drop on spoil items (Stem - Animal Bone fragment). If you see the wiki (I attached the link in the name of the mobs) there says that: 

Stem 1 — 5 67.97% — 75.09%
Animal Bone 1 — 3 48.87% — 54.13%

Well, obviously this is wrong, the wiki or the game, but you are not able to get more than 1 of the same item in the same Spoil. Fix the wiki or the game pls ty!

Hello, guys.

I know that for NA hasn't L2Wiki, but the problem is not only in drop rate. Problem is in spoil DROP.

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Ol_Mahum_Raider - 1-3 Iron Ore and 1-5 Animal bone. I killed more than 1k mobs. I have never received more than 1 Iron Ore amd more than 3 Animal bone. Any shields and any helmets. Always. ALWAYS Partisans was the best place for farming irone ore. Now we riceiving 1 Iron Ore for x2 mob, nice. 

The same. 

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Lafi_Lizardman_Scout - 1-3 Iron Ore with supposedly a good chance. You will get only 1 Iron ore ( only if you're lucky ) 

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Ol_Mahum_General 1-3 Iron Ore and 1-3 Varnish. I killed more than 100 mobs. Always received only 1 Iron and 1 Varnish. 

I play with VIP, people who have probably dont farm at all.

Do something. Fix the spoil. There're only 3 mobs which I've farming. I'm sure further lvl UP I will find more and more problems and inconsistencies.

What's wrong with you? If you talking that L2 wiki doesnt work soo make your database. 

Are we playing on the official server? Look like free java.

For now it's pointless to UP your spoil to 30+.

Still trying to find out what is considered normal adena gathering rates when farming.

I ran today for 4 hours with the Halloween buff and manged to make 53% exp (dinged 33)

This is what I gathered in that time from fighting : ants and basilisk 

adena : 79,229

Mats : 98,518 (vendor value)

Uncommon items included in mats value : 
1 bone helmet
2 bronze shields
1 recipe : shilen knife
1 recipe : dwarven trident
1 recipe : elven bow
6 recipe : blessed spiritshot (D-grade)

Just curious how much quicker I should be making adena.

2 minutes ago, Zielsziek said:

Still trying to find out what is considered normal adena gathering rates when farming.

I ran today for 4 hours with the Halloween buff and manged to make 53% exp (dinged 33)

This is what I gathered in that time from fighting : ants and basilisk 

adena : 79,229

Mats : 98,518 (vendor value)

Uncommon items included in mats value : 
1 bone helmet
2 bronze shields
1 recipe : shilen knife
1 recipe : dwarven trident
1 recipe : elven bow
6 recipe : blessed spiritshot (D-grade)

Just curious how much quicker I should be making adena.

You got there my friend more drops in a grinding sesion that me since I started

10 hours ago, Zariguella said:

Hi! Im playing as scavenger lvl 28, im spoiling Lesser Basilisk and Skeleton Marauder @ Wasteland.

Well i've been there about 4 hours (to use my halloween buff) and i didnt get A SINGLE double/triple drop on spoil items (Stem - Animal Bone fragment). If you see the wiki (I attached the link in the name of the mobs) there says that: 

Stem 1 — 5 67.97% — 75.09%
Animal Bone 1 — 3 48.87% — 54.13%

Well, obviously this is wrong, the wiki or the game, but you are not able to get more than 1 of the same item in the same Spoil. Fix the wiki or the game pls ty!

Check Drop Table here http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/레시피 > Lesser Basilisk | Skeleton Marauder
Confirm Quantity here https://l2.dropspoil.com/ > Lesser Basilisk | Skeleton Marauder
Lesser Basislisk: 1 Animal Bone
Skeleton Marauder: 1-3 Stem
Ofc it's not 100% accurate because sometimes it's vice-versa with some mobs. L2wiki <> L2dropspoil
So your drop quantity are correct but % are bit screwed with some mobs

7 hours ago, EverydayROVER said:

Hello, guys.

I know that for NA hasn't L2Wiki, but the problem is not only in drop rate. Problem is in spoil DROP.

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Ol_Mahum_Raider - 1-3 Iron Ore and 1-5 Animal bone. I killed more than 1k mobs. I have never received more than 1 Iron Ore amd more than 3 Animal bone. Any shields and any helmets. Always. ALWAYS Partisans was the best place for farming irone ore. Now we riceiving 1 Iron Ore for x2 mob, nice. 

The same. 

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Lafi_Lizardman_Scout - 1-3 Iron Ore with supposedly a good chance. You will get only 1 Iron ore ( only if you're lucky ) 

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Ol_Mahum_General 1-3 Iron Ore and 1-3 Varnish. I killed more than 100 mobs. Always received only 1 Iron and 1 Varnish. 

I play with VIP, people who have probably dont farm at all.

Do something. Fix the spoil. There're only 3 mobs which I've farming. I'm sure further lvl UP I will find more and more problems and inconsistencies.

What's wrong with you? If you talking that L2 wiki doesnt work soo make your database. 

Are we playing on the official server? Look like free java.

For now it's pointless to UP your spoil to 30+.

Same as before.
For Drop Table check http://lineage2classic.power.plaync.com/wiki/레시피 > Ol Mahum Raider | Lafi Lizardman Scout | Ol Mahum General
For Quantity check https://l2.dropspoil.com/ > Ol Mahum Raider | Lafi Lizardman Scout | Ol Mahum General
Ol Mahum Raider: 1 Iron Ore | 1-3 Animal Bone
Lafi Lizardman Scout: 1 Iron Ore
Ol Mahum General: 1 Iron Ore | 1 Varnish
And again
Ofc it's not 100% accurate because sometimes it's vice-versa with some mobs. L2wiki <> L2dropspoil
So your drop quantity are correct but % are bit screwed with some mobs

Expanding my last post (I can't Edit it)
For Quantity, the vice-versa scenario it's like Crystalline Beast mob

L2dropspoil > Crystalline Beast have 1 Animal Bone at 33%
meanwhile in
L2wiki > Crystalline Beast have 1-2 Animal Bone at 50%

So L2wiki might have the correct quantity. I dunno the correct % but it's pretty high like a random number between 33 and 50.

The spoil rates probably really have issues after lv 35+ or 40+( I can't tell by myself because I am 23) but I'm pretty sure that L2 has this "in game implenented server economy balance formula" because as many as people play, spoil etc.. the quantity for the adena/drop/spoil reduces. I found this on my old server NAIA before. When server is not crowded and people don't farm so much, adena and drop rate is significantly better. I guess we have same situation here. That's why I think that reducing the adena/drop/spoil by default in our l2 classic version is .. bad. Make it close to normal rates and the game economy logic will deal with the rest.

@Juji

On 10/22/2018 at 8:50 PM, Juji said:

This is something I am looking into right now on the spoil rates. We increased the rates for Adena quantity/item drop/spoils across the board by 2x on 10/11, but I will see if there was another issue for spoils when we received the fix.

@Juji It is my belief that the fix you implemented before did work (for 40- zones).  Spoil rates did about double, but they are still very low with VIP4.  They are horrific at some 40+ zones I have checked.

Prior to that change the rate seemed to be around ~10-20% of what l2classic Wiki (Skelth) rates were.   After the change they are around 30-40%.  This is consistent with your free data set, I think.

The real problem here is the VIP bonus does not apply to Spoils or Adena, and also the VIP % bonus is too small.

I believe that the reason why the rates you have are so low is it was intended as a hedge against adena farmers (for the same reason the rates are low on Live servers).  The problem is VIP was not implemented with sufficient bonus to match Skelth rates for top VIP accounts.  This way legitimate players can farm realistic amounts of adena and not feel the need to purchase adena from bots.  Taiwan and Japan have these models as I understand.

The effect of a higher VIP bonus with low base-rates is:

• To supply the economy and player progression,
  • To increase "capital costs" for adena farmers, because they would have to be VIP to compete
  • To reduce personnel overhead costs for NC for bot-management due to less bot accounts
  • To starve out free "true" (non-bot) playersr beyond starter levels who do not purchase VIP, thus
  • To incentivize players enough to purchase VIP.

If you fail to boost VIP you will see revenues decline, the only reason most people are purchasing it now is to avoid the queue. 

Changing base rates will not save NC Revenue long term.

So being the bored person I am when grinding, I did another 4 hour session to cover the curse buff.

as a level 33 scavenger with vip4 and fighting the same ants / basilisks as yesterday :

74,214 adena
120,202 (vendor value)

Uncommon items included in vendor value
12 recipe : blessed spiritshot (D-Grade)
3 recipe : dwarven trident
4 bronze shields

Archived