Destroyer - 2H blunt vs sword

T1000s

I'm playing destro as my main and I'm close to my top D weapon. I've seen that many orc are running with 2H blunts and it's very rare to see one with 2H top D sword. I know that blunt give us this extra stun but we can always have low grade blunt in eq and use it for stun and switch to sword with higher crit. Lets discuss here why people buy/prefer blunts over swords. 

P.S. I love 2H swords and in my opinion destro is meant to play with sword. 

With 2h blunts you have higher accuracy, fewer crits, higher atk.speed and less dmg.

With 2h swords you have lower accuracy, more crits, lower atk.speed and more dmg.

They are somewhat equal, but I don't know what is more suitable for an orc with their low DEX.

13 hours ago, T1000s said:

I'm playing destro as my main and I'm close to my top D weapon. I've seen that many orc are running with 2H blunts and it's very rare to see one with 2H top D sword. I know that blunt give us this extra stun but we can always have low grade blunt in eq and use it for stun and switch to sword with higher crit. Lets discuss here why people buy/prefer blunts over swords. 

P.S. I love 2H swords and in my opinion destro is meant to play with sword. 

Destoyer gets a toogle skill at lvl 40 that improves 2h sword usage. Probably 2hblunt before 40 then 2hsword. But honestly if you dont play solo you dont need a 2h sword, get a spear and a party !!

• 7 months later...

Some say - Destro should have two or three weapons - blunt for stun, sword for fighting, bow for finishing when enemy is trying to escape.

Im using 2H blunt because of stun. Im not clan member and I dont have CP, usually Im fighting on my own buffs so stun is important for me with 7 sec. stun I can kill monster with low losses of my HP (hit points)

Compare my stats with 2H blunt and 2H sword 

Lesser Giant's Hammer PA/MA   96/47  Attack speed normal, Accuracy 8, Critical rate 6, weight 2100

Lesser Giant's Sword PA/MA 96/47  Attack speed normal, Critical rate 8, weight 2020

with Rage and Frenzy selfbuffs  -->  @LGH  PA 262, MA 41, Accuracy 80(83 with selfbuff), P.Critical 74, Attack speed 379     @LGS  PA 262, MA 41, Accuracy 72(75), P.Critical 95, Attack speed 379

I dont know how it will looks later, Destroyer has Sword Expert skill - bonus for 2H sword and then 2H sword will be more deadly.

• 3 years later...

Only use blunt on mobs that are weak to blunt weapons. On all other mobs, a sword will get more crits and thus do more damage. This is true unless you have reliably capped out the 500 (50%) crit rate on your weapon (without using soul crystals) because when a blunt does crit, it has a slightly higher damage variance that makes it do slightly more than the sword; this is offset by the new toggle skill that generally makes swords do more damage than blunts, so long story short ... use a sword.