Solution against bots

kupuldog

12 minutes ago, PastTimeParadie said:

i think we should accept that ncsoft dont even care, so we have to organize, caught those bots in videos and repport, cause ncsoft wont destinate a simple resource in game on this, and its sad.

that's not my style bro, sorry. :S I personally do my duty to report them, but to be silent that their bot system is bleeped up, not for me. I would rather quit this stupidity and I think I'll do it if they won't introduce another system and won't make a statement in this week or 2 about new system.

4 hours ago, kupuldog said:

so please tell me why do we see bots with debuffs?

Then lets change captcha to Pin

Because there are multiple botting methods and not all of them are advanced enough to handle catpchas and such? A looping macro can level pretty well but it can't answer a captcha. A full featured bot is far superior at leveling, can completely quests automatically AND answer captchas.  Then there's all those inbetween those two "extremes".

2 hours ago, kupuldog said:

Solution nr.3

If you have an stun skill.

Stun the bots, when the stun goes out, stun again. The mob will kill him eventually and you will not get pk.

I always do that for bots and for people who takes my farming spot.

Anyways nothing of this really work for bots, they dont care. You, as human, eventually get tired and go to sleep when those bots are farming all night without problems.

Ncsoft doesnt care about bots, if they care, why we are seeing bots everywhere and they never ban him?

For example: TrustedShop, a gold seller account, he was like 2 weeks whispering people with adena ads and STILL NOT BANNED.
ncsoft doesn't gives a shit about bots. If user can pay a bot, that user can buy ncoins.

4 hours ago, kupuldog said:

that's not my style bro, sorry. :S I personally do my duty to report them, but to be silent that their bot system is bleeped up, not for me. I would rather quit this stupidity and I think I'll do it if they won't introduce another system and won't make a statement in this week or 2 about new system.

Totally agree, we have to make some bruit here, but at the same time, we have to organice and repport. We dont have the support of ncsoft team, i mean that we should know this.

3 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Because there are multiple botting methods and not all of them are advanced enough to handle catpchas and such? A looping macro can level pretty well but it can't answer a captcha. A full featured bot is far superior at leveling, can completely quests automatically AND answer captchas.  Then there's all those inbetween those two "extremes".

Exactly and as far as I've seen most of them are on those simple bots who fail captcha. It's hard to believe such a big company doesn't want to add better system against bots. It's pure guess, but I think if they would manage it, in the long run people who quit purely because of botting would bring them more revenue than those botters.
@Juji @Hime are you and your team going to make lineage2.com great again? Or no changes planned for it and we will see the old same path of your servers?

1 hour ago, villen3 said:

Bots have been around since the beginning of L2 and there has never been a solution, what makes you think they're suddenly going to figure it out now

1st. Go and read the discussion before answering.
2nd. I'll help you to understand my topic. I want to lower the amount, not to eliminate all of them, I haven't said in a single place about perfect solution and elimination of bots.
3rd. If you think this system is ok and has no place for improvement, then I'm sorry but I have no will to discuss it with you.

Basically ncsoft employees is on  " i am not paid enough for this shit" mentality. Admins are not stupid they know the main zones people bot ( far away, not on tp, maybe 0 real ppl there). All this would need is that gm would login to servers at random times and check all those zones, because report system does not work there. Sometimes 1 guy will go by and report them but thats it if its far enough remote they wont get banned ever with this current system and will just laugh at you for not having best gear.

12 minutes ago, sailenceWL said:

ok, so what if I decide to go afk in zone and 2 minutes after i leave I get the captcha but dont come back for 20 minutes.

Banned?

Thanks.

Now go back and read it fully before commenting, this question was already answered multiple times. 

TIMER ON CAPTCHA STARTS TICKING AS SOON AS YOU PUSH ANY BUTTON IN THE GAME. 

SO THERE'S NO WAY YOU'LL BE BANNED AS TIMER WON"T START UNTIL YOU PUSH A BUTTON IN THE GAME, YOU LAZY bleep :D

26 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

Now go back and read it fully before commenting, this question was already answered multiple times. 

TIMER ON CAPTCHA STARTS TICKING AS SOON AS YOU PUSH ANY BUTTON IN THE GAME. 

SO THERE'S NO WAY YOU'LL BE BANNED AS TIMER WON"T START UNTIL YOU PUSH A BUTTON IN THE GAME, YOU LAZY bleep :D

yeah whats going to stop it once im hunting mobs and run off to the side quickly and go afk?

your ideas are moronic, honestly.  It's very easy to detect bots.  NCsoft would have to have dedicated people to do it, which I doubt they will.

6 minutes ago, sailenceWL said:

yeah whats going to stop it once im hunting mobs and run off to the side quickly and go afk?

your ideas are moronic, honestly.  It's very easy to detect bots.  NCsoft would have to have dedicated people to do it, which I doubt they will.

You just enter captcha while running to the side to go afk??? It takes literally couple of second. There's screen of captcha and explanation between replies. 

Please read before commenting and think logically not like - "Oh I find a problem, I'm not going to think about solution as it's a problem, I'm just gonna express problem"

No dude that's not how life works.

So please give those ideas. You're just talking with empty words

Also to prevent this they could add delay button for once a day or something like this.

The main question would be: How many times you had to drop your farming and leave character to die moving from pc and what's the probability that captcha will pop up in the exact time you need to get out from pc ASAP? 
Answer : Nearly 0 chances.

Archived