Gauge

As an american, is there a point to playing?

Gauge    16

The servers are infested with "CPs".  You can translate that to mostly not a single person playing an account, and very likely some bots mixed in.  As long as someone is there to check the accounts occasionally.  The vast majority of these CPs are South American and Russian.  These people are incredibly rude and hostile towards americans, and if we were a race, I would call them racists that's how bad it is.

Considering the state of the other classic servers, is there a point in even playing?  I cannot keep up with these people flipping accounts to people so they can farm 24/7.  If history shows us anything, it's that these same people will own EVERYTHING in the server as well.

I know this post seems inflammatory, but I'm asking seriously, is there even a point to continue playing here as an american citizen?  Do any NA clans even stand a chance at anything at all here?  I don't see us competing with people who hate playing the game, or want to eek out every single advantage by flipping accounts and botting.  This is a serious question, so even if you're going to rage at me, please provide something constructive at least.

Edited by Gauge

Devoid    122

This has already been discussed in LIVE forums back before NA classic was even announced.

Yes, if a Russian (typically) player goes to forums/wherever to search for a 6-8h/day CP (incl. weekends), then he is a FILTHY CASUAL. Real Russian CPs do 2x12h or 3x8h shifts as that is the only way to dominate a server and not slave away grinding for few adenas (yes, if you don't own a castle and don't farm top tier raids, you are just a grindslave). Typically that is followed by RMT and other shady deals, which do not really matter in the scope of this discussion.

As I said, if someone is found to be "in combat" mode for 20+h/day over a 14 day period, they are definitely breaking the rules. Botting and account sharing are both bannable, all that needs to be done is to enforce these rules.

And @Juji should know this information is freely accessible, even though the 'public' part (museum system in GoD) was removed from game. Enforcing it is as easy as just running an additional DB query during the routine maintenance (well, and passing the accumulated account names to whomever deals with the NCwest user account DB).

Edited by Devoid
  • Like 1

MagoDopado    0

Hi, first of all, I don´t see why does race/country has anything to do with playstyle, so please keep that aside.

Now to the main part: since a few years lineage gameplay has changed to focus power in single characters. Clan players realised that one good party could carry the whole clan. This might not be true but really holds an argument and deserves to be evaluated. So they did. And it worked. Now back at today, this strategy still works.

As a suggestion, try to update your playstyle to more CP friendly. It was costly for me back in the days and it was costly for them too, but it works.

About botting: I´m not defending bot usage by any means. bleeping ban them all.

About account sharing: Users are not owners of their players but hold the responsibility for their passwords. If they want to share it, so be it. Character deletion, theft, account disconnection trolling, all of that is their risk. NCSoft provides the game without any warranty and wont be responsible ever. That said, why impose bannable account sharing? I´ll never now, but I haven´t heard a case of banned for account sharing. I DO defend account sharing since is the best way to allow CP playstyle to work efficiently. Just imagine you are readying up but missing your BP. Then a war clan shows up. Quickly login your BP and go fight them. Allows yourself to play as all characters, experience the game in different ways without the need of leveling yet another toon.

I think that´s all i have to say.

Gauge    16

The issue isn't if NCWest will do anything about this.  Any trip to Orc Barracks, Abandoned Camp, or Partisan's Highways will shows you what their stance on this is.  They are completely overrun by the account flippers/botters.  So no I'm even asking them to do anything because they won't.

The question is, is there a point to playing if you aren't exploiting the game or apart of these groups?  AKA, a real NA person playing normal amount of hours a day, not flipping accounts and botting?

See the above post justifying account sharing.  That's what I'm talking about.  That's why I feel like it's pointless to even play.  I actually like Lineage 2, I like the journey more than these people do apparently.  I like the feeling of accomplishment, but there will be nothing at the top when I get there because people who exploited their way there will own it.

Also, say what you want about country, but they ARE hostile towards us.  They speak english well enough to be incredibly rude.  I'll let you know the next time they let me into one of their groups.... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Edited by Gauge

Devoid    122
20 minutes ago, MagoDopado said:

I´ll never now, but I haven´t heard a case of banned for account sharing.

From time to time, there is a cry in the forums about how NC permanently refuses to unlock an account because "multiple parties have provided correct details for account reclamation".

It's true that there is no pro-active banning for it, you're correct about that.

Anax    0

The people coming back to this game after all these years need to understand that some of us have continued playing almost uninterrupted since the days of prelude/chronicle 1.

Lineage 2 is all about efficiency, the game mechanics can be used to do thing a casual player wouldn't consider possible. You haven't seen any of that yet, wait until you see dominating clans level characters from lvl 0 to 78 in less than 10hours of actual game time. Yes, that wasn't a typo, 10 hours of game time. You can see these things on the EU and RU servers.

As for your "american citizen" argument. The current highest level party consists of mostly NA players and some SA players. The two other highest level parties below them are also both NA players.

CPs won't take you into their parties, that's the whole point of the CP, to not have to rely on looking for random people to form parties. And yes, if you go near their grinding spot, CPs will always contest that, it's part of the game.

dopaxe    25

I played skelth as a Canadian, there were a handful of us.

find a clan that has NA players and make friends that play your time zones, don’t focus on being #1 against the CPs.

also make your own buffer 

Gauge    16

Nah, I just quit.  Uninstalled.

Whatever justification for account flipping and botting people give, I don't have these resources available to me, so I will never compete.  There is no point as once I hit 75 the game will be over for me at that point.  Even if I'm logged in for every single hour of my free time I cannot compete with people who will exploit to the top by flipping accounts and botting.

I guess this game just isn't for me.  If you have the resources to do this, I envy you.  Have fun guys.

beleaua    66

CP is not something alien to NA players and only specific to SA or RU. I think you missed too many years of L2. The game becoome like that, with schedules. There are also NA CP's, playing for lets say 4-6 hours a day together. You make it sound like a constant party is something bad for the game. It's actually what keeps a lot of players in the game, otherwise they will quit.

• Like 2

kupuldog    35
1 minute ago, Gauge said:

Nah, I just quit.  Uninstalled.

Whatever justification for account flipping and botting people give, I don't have these resources available to me, so I will never compete.  There is no point as once I hit 75 the game will be over for me at that point.  Even if I'm logged in for every single hour of my free time I cannot compete with people who will exploit to the top by flipping accounts and botting.

I guess this game just isn't for me.  If you have the resources to do this, I envy you.  Have fun guys.

you could compete in 2-3 years when the difference in gear would be minimal (talking from my own experience in low rate servers)

But looking into what you want to have, you should check pvp servers, end game comes soon there and no big gap between players.

Kaizant    3
31 minutes ago, Gauge said:

The servers are infested with "CPs".  You can translate that to mostly not a single person playing an account, and very likely some bots mixed in.  As long as someone is there to check the accounts occasionally.  The vast majority of these CPs are South American and Russian.  These people are incredibly rude and hostile towards americans, and if we were a race, I would call them racists that's how bad it is.

Considering the state of the other classic servers, is there a point in even playing?  I cannot keep up with these people flipping accounts to people so they can farm 24/7.  If history shows us anything, it's that these same people will own EVERYTHING in the server as well.

I know this post seems inflammatory, but I'm asking seriously,

Do any NA clans even stand a chance at anything at all here?  I don't see us competing with people who hate playing the game, or want to eek out every single advantage by flipping accounts and botting.  This is a serious question, so even if you're going to rage at me, please provide something constructive at least.

Yeah... you post sound a bit "inflamatory", i will try to explain some of your points from a no-american point of view (I'm BR)

I don't how long you are playing L2, but in the early days (not only on L2, bot every MMORPG in the early 2000s) american were pretty much extremely hostile to other country citizens, so... as the vast majority of gamers are in theirs 30's (i'm included), you can count that many will be hostile (maybe justified, but i'm not so sure) to americans. I lost the count how many times i was called monkey or worse, but as I do know that each one is different and dont just sendo off a guy just for his country.

Today, the clan i'm playing is composed of 2 BRs (me and a friend), a guys from Chile, 1 from Romenia, 1 from Malasia and 1 from Vietnam.

The own everything by using shared accs part is a little more complicated, and enties with a little of economics and the hostile of the early days... in the 2000's was pretty expensive to have an account for South Americans (cant say anything about the russians), and most of the time no-americans were hunted by some americans clans... so people started to share acc to cut costs, and to have 1 char strong enought to protect their friend that only wanted to play a game that they love. 

It may sound like i'm playing the victim, but that was another thing that happed a lot to me and my clan. We were 30ish and some ass with top C would pk anyone with a name that didnt sound american enought. So with those 2 things falling in place, the culture of sharing accs started.

Another thing that annoys no-americans is a "i'm american, things need to be done to make me feel special" mentality that you guys portrait. Sorry if its looks like i'm been rude, but belive me, the way americans acts usually imprit that image for other.

Like this sentence here: "is there even a point to continue playing here as an american citizen?", do you realize that you sound like you, as an american, are more important than any other player?

Again, sorry if looks like i'm been rude, but i'm just trying to explain.

1 hour ago, Gauge said:

The issue isn't if NCWest will do anything about this.  Any trip to Orc Barracks, Abandoned Camp, or Partisan's Highways will shows you what their stance on this is.  They are completely overrun by the account flippers/botters.  So no I'm even asking them to do anything because they won't.

The question is, is there a point to playing if you aren't exploiting the game or apart of these groups?  AKA, a real NA person playing normal amount of hours a day, not flipping accounts and botting?

See the above post justifying account sharing.  That's what I'm talking about.  That's why I feel like it's pointless to even play.  I actually like Lineage 2, I like the journey more than these people do apparently.  I like the feeling of accomplishment, but there will be nothing at the top when I get there because people who exploited their way there will own it.

Also, say what you want about country, but they ARE hostile towards us.  They speak english well enough to be incredibly rude.  I'll let you know the next time they let me into one of their groups.... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Just read above, no point in type the same explanation 2 times

and i would welcome you in my party anytime on the premisse that you can respect other players

Carebear    6

I'm American and one of the joys of playing L2 for me has been meeting people from all over the world.  I've been in clans run by folks from Greece, Argentina, Bulgaria, Canada, UK, and Australia.  I've run a clan with people from all over the world as active members.  I've gotten along well with people from all over and never experienced in the game the kind of race and nationality based hostility shown all the time on these boards.  To be sure, while I've never been a victim of it, I've seen plenty of it in shouts in the game, and have had little success in getting people to stop making racist & nationalist comments.  But there are good people in the game from all countries.  You just have to seek them out, and value them when you find them.

Rodah    24
1 hour ago, Gauge said:

I know this post seems inflammatory, but I'm asking seriously, is there even a point to continue playing here as an american citizen?  Do any NA clans even stand a chance at anything at all here?  I don't see us competing with people who hate playing the game, or want to eek out every single advantage by flipping accounts and botting.  This is a serious question, so even if you're going to rage at me, please provide something constructive at least.

Spend a few weeks getting an SR and PP to low 40's then go perma red and kill all those people you hate in AC/OB/Part; good therapy!

• Haha 1

LoanWolf    34

Yeah this is the only mmorpg that I know of that publically admits and defends account sharing as if its a good thing for competition.  Sadly if this is the standard then the only way to combat it is to add more p2w items into the cash shop such as c-grade shots.