BOTS BOTS BOTS! GL Spoilers!

Bottleneck

As far as I see there're 2 types of bots - spoilers and adena farmers (spider quest) who are usually mages.
I have got an idea of 2 pretty innocent solutions:
1) In order to take adena quest you have to enter captcha. It will prevent botters from running freely back and forward for adena quests.
2) Spoilers - every spoiler gets captcha every 1 hour or something like this excluding town area, timer starts ticking as soon as any button is pushed inside of the game, if failed to enter captcha, ban on the spot.

I think this 2 things would eliminate big amount of bots.

@Juji @Hime

P.s. people don't be so ignorant and fearful to push report button. If you suspect person is a bot, check it and be creative while doing it - offer free stuff, blackmail about submitting ticket, w/e just to gain response. Still doubting as he can be semi afk not looking into chat? Just push report button, person will enter captcha and nothing will happen to both sides. If he's bot indeed, you'll get more mobs to farm as bot will get debuff.
There're no bad sides of report button for you so no reason to avoid pushing it.

@kupuldog problem with your solution is that a lot of legit players are doing those because for now it's the only better way to get some gear. i have made 2 dorfs to spoil and when i get bored i have a mage to farm spiders. but i don't play much. anyway, i'm not playing on giran or talking island so no idea how bad is there but here i found some bots but not a big amount. a lot of players seems just live like me.

3 minutes ago, beleaua said:

@kupuldog problem with your solution is that a lot of legit players are doing those because for now it's the only better way to get some gear. i have made 2 dorfs to spoil and when i get bored i have a mage to farm spiders. but i don't play much. anyway, i'm not playing on giran or talking island so no idea how bad is there but here i found some bots but not a big amount. a lot of players seems just live like me.

So where's the problem? Putting captcha once an hour? I don't see a problem, typed it myself today (asked people to report me on purpose for 1 experiment).

So please don't talk how it looks like. I can send you screens, give me email or w/e and you'll see the amount. More than 50% in spider nest at powler spot are bots. All legit players are at poisonous spot.

Read it again, and think about the difference of afk sitting and still trying to farm. Ok they can put Pin then.
2) Spoilers - every spoiler gets captcha every 1 hour or something like this excluding town area, timer starts ticking as soon as any button is pushed inside of the game, if failed to enter captcha, ban on the spot.

5 minutes ago, beleaua said:

@kupuldog because while i might play for half hour or one hour, then i take a break doing something else outside the game and i let the char afk, so that when i get back i start from where i left. this only annoys real players while smart bots already pass captcha automatically.

What I mean timer starts ticking. I mean when captcha appears and you push a button only then captcha timer starts ticking. If you're afk sitting and do get captcha, there's no timer but as soon as you do something, timer  turns on

I am not sure about coals, but I can get 1k+ iron ore and 1k+ abones spoiling in about 10 hours.

This is the reason I think spoiling rate is more than OK. And actually spoilers are getting much richer than other jobs and this is breaking the balance in the game.

30 minutes ago, beleaua said:

wanna come on giran to spider nest? Around me now 6 players, all of them are bots. 100% people around me are bots at the moment. GG. 
I have checked them and some of them already have been farming on debuff and now continue as they can't get debuff twice a day.

11 minutes ago, kupuldog said:

Soon in classic :DD
Skip to 12min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvNSZ1majvg

why do i have to watch a video that is like 2 years old?

have you not played live servers? here are more recent videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yx9U6tva6M

this one after xincode got added this month: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4U7AcNcVXE

party matching being full of adena spam messages, same as your pm's when you go to a town.

you must be new to the game, this have been happening since 2004 or so.

3 minutes ago, beleaua said:

why do i have to watch a video that is like 2 years old?

have you not played live servers? here are more recent videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yx9U6tva6M

this one after xincode got added this month: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4U7AcNcVXE

party matching being full of adena spam messages, same as your pm's when you go to a town.

you must be new to the game, this have been happening since 2004 or so.

It's first time I play on official server. I didn't see those things on illegal servers, not this huge amount of bots.

16 minutes ago, Qwenil said:

Are you actually that stupid to suggest captcha? It barely did anything when it released, shortly after its first release bots were updated to type in captcha automatically. It legitimately does absolutely nothing and will only screw up legit players. 

Ammm so can you please tell me why bots are running with debuffs? Are you actually that blind enough to not see debuffs on bots? Are you that blind enough to not see my suggestion how to prevent from screwing up legit players?

Debuff point also for you. Smart bots can, but not all of the bots as I have seen a good amount of bots debuffed @beleaua. I believe they can, but I believe not every botter can afford to have this.

18 hours ago, Bottleneck said:

I can see that GMs do nothing against bots.

Spoilers shows up on the market selling 3k iron ore and 3k coal - (2 weeks spoiling 24h/day)

I wish good luck to all other spoilers - you waste your time.

Thank you

What did you expect?!?This has been a fact since.... dunno..... 14 years?

19 hours ago, Bottleneck said:

I can see that GMs do nothing against bots.

Spoilers shows up on the market selling 3k iron ore and 3k coal - (2 weeks spoiling 24h/day)

I wish good luck to all other spoilers - you waste your time.

Thank you

its prob from VIP coins .    as spoiler myself . NO WAY u spoil 3k ore and 3k coal :D  even if 24/7 botting

Archived