[Olympics Gear] Heavy or Light Armor for Doomcryer and Hierophant?

Astarot

Each ISS has a strong difference in builds, for example Doomcryer and Hierophant do not use shield (it does not have passive, mastery, nothing that improves or stimulates the use of shield), however the ISS Dark Elf, Elf and Dominator have (What stimulates the use shields in these classes).

Hierophant has -7% Cooldown in all skills, so I do not need light armor to get home 45~50% cooldown reduction, in this case I can use a Heavy Armor without the slightest problem (Hierophant ends up being more stimulated to heavy by it).

Doomcryer, without light armor reduces reuse of skills by 40%.

All ISS when using heavy armor reduces 35% critical damage (physical), excellent against archer, Dagger or class critical based. The light decreases only 3.3% chance of receiving a critical damages as one reduces the amount received (Very value, another improvement minimally "evasion" the critical), the heavy armor more HP / Pdef and the like Mdef the light If I remember correctly.

What do you think, please, if you can help, I will be grateful.

In the videos I saw, in Olympics it seems that the ISS use Light Armor to have a reduction in the reuse of skills, only for this reason apparently (help pvp and pve). However Defense Heavy Armor has much better bonus overall.

Differences more attenuated:

• Heavy = -35% of critical physical damage taken, + HP, + P.Def, 5% chance reflect debuff
  • Light = Evasion P/M and critical evasion(-3.3%), -10% Cooldown, +10 Res. Debuff.

Note: The evasion is so low, for the ISS that does not even make much difference.

Light can be used for both PvE by reuse and PvP, but for the hierophant neither weighs as much, since it has -7% passive reuse.

Light +8:

• Hierophant: -57% Reuse (No light 47%)
  • Doomcryer: -50% Reuse (Without light 40%)

Other than the reuse, the rest of it sure goes to heavy, in my opinion.

How to know how much of the current damage received is reduced with the new defense?
For this you need to pick up your current defense and divide by the post bonus defense (Result and how many% you will reduce the damage you currently take).
Multiply the result by the damage you took with the old defense and you will find out how much it will reduce.

If the reduction is greater than the hp gain, then defense is better, if it is smaller, much smaller the hp and better. But Max HP tends to be better against raw damage! and defense against consecutive damages.
In both cases you need to spend to see the difference in values and use math.
It seems that in heavy armor, P.Def do Doomcryer is in the house of 12K (If it was previously a 7 ~ 8k), an ISS Orc that uses Heavy told me, I use light, but I have the same doubt.

I understood, but I do not understand a part of the players saying that ISS has to use Heavy, so I think ISS of Heavy armor are the BOX of the server. At least that sounds like it.
The ISS that actually play, seems to use light, without the +8 armor bonus does not prevent the skill combo, only makes the BR stronger (Spam every 4min)
Now heavy armor is better vs Archer, Dagger and other physical damage, leaving the ISS well tank.
But it does not end at -10% cd / res.debuf against heavy bonuses.

You are discussing out of actual game context....The truth is new aghations are OP.

Armor bonus is diferent from grade to grade, light r grade have diferent bonus then r99 grade and so R95 heavy. If you ask me...R95 heavy set atack  have the best bonus and is the best option for iss if you cant afford a +10 dark set :X. I use light set and warrior ap for pve and heavy set and knight ap for oly...sadly, none from Freya want to trade my +10 blessTw light for R95 Heavy same condition.

Beside that...now ppl do trio everything in game...and that only one DD from party have POM permanent. And he play 1 time with iss br and 1 time with his own agation br. Tell me...What is the use for cooldown strategy  in that situation?

Doomcryer and Hierophant are quite diferent...I dont think both should use same setup.

2 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

You are discussing out of actual game context....The truth is new aghations are OP.

Armor bonus is diferent from grade to grade, light r grade have diferent bonus then r99 grade and so R95 heavy. If you ask me...R95 heavy set atack  have the best bonus and is the best option for iss if you cant afford a +10 dark set :X. I use light set and warrior ap for pve and heavy set and knight ap for oly...sadly, none from Freya want to trade my +10 blessTw light for R95 Heavy same condition.

Beside that...now ppl do trio everything in game...and that only one DD from party have POM permanent. And he play 1 time with iss br and 1 time with his own agation br. Tell me...What is the use for cooldown strategy  in that situation?

Doomcryer and Hierophant are quite diferent...I dont think both should use same setup.

Remember that my ISS is not box! I have only him and I just want to play with him, because I have a lot of fun with the buffer game style.

In this case I mean R99 (Normal, Blessed, PvP): Heavy vs. Light.

Cooldown in PvE may not be relevant, but it helps a lot to have BR sooner, now if it's something indispensavel this I can not say. But in the Olys, would reducing cooldown not be vital?

29 minutes ago, Astarot said:

Remember that my ISS is not box! I have only him and I just want to play with him, because I have a lot of fun with the buffer game style.

Cooldown in PvE may not be relevant, but it helps a lot to have BR sooner, now if it's something indispensavel this I can not say. But in the Olys, would reducing cooldown not be vital?

I think the best Armor for ANY ISS is Light... Light Armor has 2 set effects... Assassin(ONLY Dagger/Archer benefit), and Enchanter(Meant for ISS, but Tyrr/Wynn/Healer can benefit too) being that Light Armor is in such High demand, An ISS can get by with only Heavy set(Attack). the discussion so far has been mainly on Passive Masteries(Armor Type) and +8++Bonus the set effect(normal set effects... Enchanter for Light/Attack for Heavy) have been ignored... the +8 Light bonus is invaluable... but MANY other classes look for it... a Dwarf with HIGH LUC and SAFE ENCHANT Items can make it for you cheaper than Open Market.

14 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

I think the best Armor for ANY ISS is Light... Light Armor has 2 set effects... Assassin(ONLY Dagger/Archer benefit), and Enchanter(Meant for ISS, but Tyrr/Wynn/Healer can benefit too) being that Light Armor is in such High demand, An ISS can get by with only Heavy set(Attack). the discussion so far has been mainly on Passive Masteries(Armor Type) and +8++Bonus the set effect(Enchanter for Light/Attack for Heavy) have been ignored... the +8 Light bonus is invaluable... but MANY other classes look for it... a Dwarf with HIGH LUC and SAFE ENCHANT Items can make it for you cheaper than Open Market.

Armor R99: Enchant Type Light vs Defense Type Heavy

33 minutes ago, Astarot said:

Armor R99: Enchant Type Light vs Defense Type Heavy

REALLY??? you want to bring Defense type into discussion? if your Main is Tank... maybe but otherwise GET COUNSELING!!!

TANK can manage with Attack type Heavy Armor; ISS with Defense type Heavy Armor NEEDS MANY MORE L2store ITEMS to survive(if you are doing minimum: keep MOBS debuffed).

13 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

REALLY??? you want to bring Defense type into discussion? if your Main is Tank... maybe but otherwise GET COUNSELING!!!

ISS does not wear offensive armor! whether in Olympics, PvE, Mass PvP.
ISS needs to survive to be able to go causing damage and gaining in fatigue.

Unless your ISS hits like a DD, fight like a DD, which does not!

I will not be rude, I'll explain, for example doocryer kills in FreenzingFlame + Topaz, and from time to time knocks if it finds it needs (or by debuff), the hierophant uses Topaz + damage, but damage bonus of the armor ofesniva, almost do not affect the final damage of the hierophant, this in PvP. But in the PvE group game, soon focused focus and survive, debunking, help in healing and maintain buff.

1 minute ago, Astarot said:

Unless your ISS hits like a DD, fight like a DD, which does not!

I will not be rude, I'll explain, for example doocryer kills in FreenzingFlame + Topaz, and from time to time knocks if it finds it needs (or by debuff), the hierophant uses Topaz + damage, but damage bonus of the armor ofesniva, almost do not affect the final damage of the hierophant, this in PvP. But in the PvE group game, soon focused focus and survive, debunking, help in healing and maintain buff.

There is no "Enchanter option" for Heavy Armor... Take a HINT, Developers Intended ALL ISS to use Light Armor; Enchanter Effect(you are not BOUND to the Effect due to Dual Class/subclass possibility.)

8 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

There is no "Enchanter option" for Heavy Armor... Take a HINT, Developers Intended ALL ISS to use Light Armor; Enchanter Effect(you are not BOUND to the Effect due to Dual Class/subclass possibility.)

I say: Armor Light Enchater vs Defense Heavy

Really?
If you have the hint "Enchanter option" then is it for ISS Enchanter? ^^

42 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

GIVE me ANY ISS skill which will benefit from +CON or +HP (NONE) same set Light gives + STR(yes) +P.Atk(yes)+(MP use -yes)etc. WHY?

double post.

CON + MaxHP:
1. Heal stronger!
2. Greater survival

Str + P.Atk = Damage, do you want a DD ISS?
Not even in the Olympics, your ISS DD goes a long way, at the most it will help you in PvE Solo and hit. ^^

AP > Knight > Hard P/Mdef and HP ^^

3 hours ago, Nuky said:

Dark heavy set on iss must be offensive, they cannot wear defensive (tank only).

lol , that's completely wrong. If developers intended for iss to use leather set only, they wouldn't give them all 3 types of armor passives. 

Back to the original topic. 

If you want to really really compete in olympiad leather armor is the way to go.
If we are talking about mass pvp both leather and heavy have their advantages and disadvantages.

Developers NEVER Intended for Healers to USE Heavy Armor either... but it took several Years to make the appropriate changes so Healer in HEAVY is useless(Robe or Light ONLY Mastery). As I said you are not BOUND to Light Armor(but Enchanter set EFFECT is MEANT for ISS... NOT TYRR, or WYNN, or AEORE)

54 minutes ago, Teribeth said:

Developers NEVER Intended for Healers to USE Heavy Armor either... but it took several Years to make the appropriate changes so Healer in HEAVY is useless(Robe or Light ONLY Mastery). As I said you are not BOUND to Light Armor(but Enchanter set EFFECT is MEANT for ISS... NOT TYRR, or WYNN, or AEORE)

Archer or Dagger in Light(Enchanter) is still viable... ISS or Tyrr or Wynn or Aeore in Light(Assasin) = Suicide... CALL the HOTLINE!!!

11 hours ago, Astarot said:

Its more important for set to be enchanted to +10 then to be heavy or light or hell r or r99 :)

Nuky gave you some hints and vids in past threads or posts....I will say it again just to be clear.

FOR PVP OLY OR FIELD IF YOU ARE NOT LVL105, +10 SET, +12 WEAPON BLODY/DARK, 5 SLOTS &LVL4 JEWELS, PVP CLOAK DONT BOTHER...YOU WILL FAIL MISERABLE.

6 hours ago, Pleistoros said:

Its more important for set to be enchanted to +10 then to be heavy or light or hell r or r99 :)

Nuky gave you some hints and vids in past threads or posts....I will say it again just to be clear.

FOR PVP OLY OR FIELD IF YOU ARE NOT LVL105, +10 SET, +12 WEAPON BLODY/DARK, 5 SLOTS &LVL4 JEWELS, PVP CLOAK DONT BOTHER...YOU WILL FAIL MISERABLE.

I think the question of her, and the same of mine, fun in the Olys, vs PKs, Coliseum, Mass PvP and PvE, would be pure fun and go as far as you can ^^

16 hours ago, Nuky said:

Dark heavy set on iss must be offensive, they cannot wear defensive (tank only).

Nuky
Why can not you be defensive?
In the case of the Astarot who is Hierophant, I understand that it must be offensive for her to take damage as it has topazio hiss and hitting it. But I'm Doomcryer, I kill at the base of the "Freenzing Flame + Topaz" and the alternation between poly and Barrier / tanzine. Doomcryer basically does not even hit the opponent, so the survival of heavy Defensive Armor, would not it be more interesting?

What makes Light Armor more interesting?
* She has less P.def, less .mdef, at a 3.3% avoidance critical ridiculous (heay reduces as much as 35% of the critic, even if it is only physical), less hp.
* What light armor has good spirit and 10% res. debuff and -10% cd (remembering Heavy may reflect 5% debuff)

51 minutes ago, Arcanjo said:

I think the question of her, and the same of mine, fun in the Olys, vs PKs, Coliseum, Mass PvP and PvE, would be pure fun and go as far as you can ^^

Like I said, your main focus at 100 lvl is to lvl up...get 103-104, improve your items and till then you will figure what set is best for you.

Regarding pvp, even with good gear at this lvl your best score in oly with luck would be like 7 win-3 lose, vs pk you just bsoe(its a rare situation now), coliseum is with friends...like duels, mass pvp-you are 1 hit...

In mass pvp usualy iss dont hit enemy...he just stay back, give buffs and AT and help with heal...

23 minutes ago, Nuky said:

Its not I who is saying you cannot wear defensive heavy, you can as long as its normal or blessed. It's the developers who made it so Iss/Tyrr cannot wear Dark Heavy set with Defensive option.

When you are lower lvl and you are lacking on gears heavy set might be more beneficial to you, but on high lvl with epics and shirts, talismans and any other top items your pdef is much higher its then that the light set is more beneficial to you.

got it.

When from P.def I must have to say "Now the light armor 8+ compensates" instead of Heavy.

I'll be pretty straight forward what makes the VERY CUTE heavy is the reduction of -35% critical damage taken. With -20% of the AP, and -5.5% of the angel touch, the reduction is 60.5% of the critical damage received (Physical). This practically opens up against Tyr, Archer and Dagger on the Olys. For besides the normal reduction of p.def and the reduction of damage pvp, it has the absorption of damage with the tanzine and the Barrier.

Light armor, does not even come close to this survival, nor even close, because what kills itself are the critical or special (Like half-kill), normal damage is no longer a problem.

Against the magician, heavy does not really help, but neither does the light, neither of the two of M.def.

What would Light have to compensate for?
- You can talk about the -10% reuse, but an ISS can arm your skills quietly without it, so pvp does not seem to be vital (but in PvE it's very useful), but now I'm focusing the conversation on the Oly or similar ..

Archived