[Olympics Gear] Heavy or Light Armor for Doomcryer and Hierophant?

Astarot

38 minutes ago, Pleistoros said:

Like I said, your main focus at 100 lvl is to lvl up...get 103-104, improve your items and till then you will figure what set is best for you.

Regarding pvp, even with good gear at this lvl your best score in oly with luck would be like 7 win-3 lose, vs pk you just bsoe(its a rare situation now), coliseum is with friends...like duels, mass pvp-you are 1 hit...

In mass pvp usualy iss dont hit enemy...he just stay back, give buffs and AT and help with heal...

ISS in the mass pvp support with maintenance of buffs and help in healing is something that works really, the only issue is that the maximum sustain to hold the stride. ^^
If you can get a 7win / 3lose already would be great, because that in the end turns more Adena and fun. ^^
The problem that catching 103 and 104 from 100 should take about 2 years (Waiting two years to start thinking about it is out of the question).

Analyze

• a) I have 6500 Mdef and received 41k critical damage,
  • b) if Full "AP + Dual Skill" in Mdef then 7%+6%+12%=25%, my mdef change 6500 for 7500
  • c) 6500/7500 = 0,866 (then I received 35k damage of 41k)
  • 6.5K Mdef +25%  = -6K Damage received

"P.def" should be in the same proportion I think, did not test with physical damage.

• (Dual Skill + AP) 24%+15%+9% hp  =  48% = +12.5k hp

then  dual skill: 12%mdef vs 24%hp

• +12% medf = -2.9k damage received
  • +24% hp = +6.2k hp

On 30/01/2018 at 6:22 PM, Nuky said:

Dark heavy set on iss must be offensive, they cannot wear defensive (tank only).

lol , that's completely wrong. If developers intended for iss to use leather set only, they wouldn't give them all 3 types of armor passives. 

Back to the original topic. 

If you want to really really compete in olympiad leather armor is the way to go.
If we are talking about mass pvp both leather and heavy have their advantages and disadvantages.

I'm a hierophant, and I'm going to change my dual class to Knight, but Knight becomes incompatible with ISS, because only one will use "Defense Type Heavy", which forces me to have two armors. but very expensive, and wanted to reuse the armor).
I intend to play the Oly (and try the heroine title, no matter what resource I'm going to spend and how much), but I did not want to have to spend twice.
Seeing the low set bonuses, Light clothing seems much better (I did not consider the +10 enchant bonus, nor did I consider a 35% reduction in critical physical damage).
What do you advise me? I am currently ISS Main / Dual Healer, but would like to switch to ISS / Knight, but it seems that in the end game, it's an unmatched combination.

and now? I'm "thank you" (See the quotation marks), to use a dual that takes advantage of light armor if you want to save money?

-35% Critical physical damage received from Heavy is so good :(
I do not know what to do: '(, please help me.

Heavy Armor R99 (AttackType)

• 2 parts STR +3, CON -1
  • 3 parts Critical damage + 298, Hold Resistance + 10
  • 4 parts HP + 521, absorbs 1% of incurred damage as HP with a certain possibility
  • 5 parts P. Atk. + 246, Attribute Resistance + 15, additional P. Def. + 7%.

Light Armor R99 (Enchant Type)
  • 2 parts STR +3, CON -1, P. Atk. + 246
  • 3 parts Skill MP consumption - 4%, Hold Resistance + 10
  • 4 parts Skill P. Atk. + 6%, HP + 521
  • 5 parts P. Atk. Spd. + 3%, Attribute Resistance + 15, Received Heal Amount + 7%, additional P. Atk. + 7%.

6 hours ago, Nuky said:

My dual class is tank and i use dark heavy armor attack type on it and its fine, but i only use it for pve. I also know of other ppl who have that type of dual classes and use the attack type. You dont have to give up on being a tank on ur dual class.

If you really dont want to use the attack type and want to go with light you can pick classes like wynn, tyrr, archer tho.. you will find that more troublesome regarding dual class skills :) 

What's your tank?
And as you said, you use "Heavy pvp Attack type" in PvE but not in PvP with your ISS. Uses two armor, which is financially unfeasible. 
This is a problem I do not know how to solve in relation to my dual class.

Do you miss the 35% reduction in critical physical damage against Tyr / Archer and Dagger?  (Only heavy armor of this, passively to the ISS)

6 hours ago, Nuky said:

We are talking about iss wearing Dark Heavy set attack option, and i told you its just fine to use the same set on your tank.. Now you tell me i said i use attack type set on my tank, but not on my iss for pvp. Are you serious? 

What exactly you didn't understand from what was said above, i have no idea...Maybe i expressed myself wrong.

About the pve part i mean i only use my tank for pve, cuz im not good to pvp on tank. 
About the set.. obviously if i told u i use the attack type on my tank, means i use the same set on iss for everything. The whole reason i told u its fine to use attack type on tank its cuz tank can wear attack type, but iss cant wear defense. That way u dont have to have two armors.

I think she understood the question that could for a "Haevy PvP Attack Type" in a Tank, and share with the ISS. Even by reading the tanks, it is common practice to put "Attack Type" in tanks such as PK and TK, and "Defense Type" in HK and SK. Do you agree with that?

In your text it was half open, as if using two Sets, a light for Oly (ISS) and a Heavy in the PvE (Knight), but if I understood well you only have only Heavy PvP armor and use both in ISS (PvP) as in the knight (PvE), correct? Or did I get it wrong too?

I also did not like the ISS not being able to use Defensive Armor, does anyone have any idea why they put this restriction?

And if I understood PvP well, the best set for ISS is the Light Enchanter, kind of unanimously.
Some Heavy Armor ISS on Oly, turned Hero? Since these changes?

The biggest advantage of Heavy and the 35% reduction in critical damage, even if physical, is something that is unshakably high, or am I mistaken? Coupled with the 20% reduction of Abilith points, it reaches 50 reduction. This is something light does not offer. Even the ISS Barrier is calculated over his P.def

1 hour ago, Nuky said:

I dont think there was any opening about leather set in my comment about tank/iss dual. The whole reason i mentioned using attack type on tank was so you can share it with the iss. Yes you got it correct.

Idk why the restriction was put. No idea what other isses are using in oly with all the appearances available.My guess is most of them wear whatever they use everyday, be it light, heavy or even robe.

So much for Light for the ISS (-10% Cooldown, + 10% Debuf, + 14% Skill Mastery Rate) that the impression it gives is that no ISS turns hero using Heavy only.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:24 PM, Astarot said:

I'm a hierophant, and I'm going to change my dual class to Knight, but Knight becomes incompatible with ISS, because only one will use "Defense Type Heavy", which forces me to have two armors. but very expensive, and wanted to reuse the armor).
I intend to play the Oly (and try the heroine title, no matter what resource I'm going to spend and how much), but I did not want to have to spend twice.
Seeing the low set bonuses, Light clothing seems much better (I did not consider the +10 enchant bonus, nor did I consider a 35% reduction in critical physical damage).
What do you advise me? I am currently ISS Main / Dual Healer, but would like to switch to ISS / Knight, but it seems that in the end game, it's an unmatched combination.

and now? I'm "thank you" (See the quotation marks), to use a dual that takes advantage of light armor if you want to save money?

-35% Critical physical damage received from Heavy is so good :(
I do not know what to do: '(, please help me.

Heavy Armor R99 (AttackType)

• 2 parts STR +3, CON -1
  • 3 parts Critical damage + 298, Hold Resistance + 10
  • 4 parts HP + 521, absorbs 1% of incurred damage as HP with a certain possibility
  • 5 parts P. Atk. + 246, Attribute Resistance + 15, additional P. Def. + 7%.

Light Armor R99 (Enchant Type)
  • 2 parts STR +3, CON -1, P. Atk. + 246
  • 3 parts Skill MP consumption - 4%, Hold Resistance + 10
  • 4 parts Skill P. Atk. + 6%, HP + 521
  • 5 parts P. Atk. Spd. + 3%, Attribute Resistance + 15, Received Heal Amount + 7%, additional P. Atk. + 7%.

Dude as they told you, is absolutly fine to use attack type set on tank. I have main tank / dual tyr and i use heavy attack type for both XD.

They only benefit is some extra con on tank, but who cares, you will reach anyway 140k hp or more with rose.....

Heavy protects aganist dagger and tyr normal hit, yul use skills damage and against thouse no crt damage reduction , cause they have  skill critical damage, wich there is no protection against it in game...

16 hours ago, Arcanjo said:

So much for Light for the ISS (-10% Cooldown, + 10% Debuf, + 14% Skill Mastery Rate) that the impression it gives is that no ISS turns hero using Heavy only.

you are very far from been HERO. To use light you need a lot more items to compensate wich you dont have like abundance lvl 4, insanity, overenchanted phys/mag shirts or shiny, overenchanted cloacks, etc etc..

You will benefit a lot more from heavy, specially against daggers in oly wich are a lot of them. 
Besides, as most point out, your lvl is low, on light you will be ultra squishy, daggers will eat ya with couple blows... 

On oly, to have fun and be on that 60% / 40% ratio of wins / loses you need at least 40% pvp reduction damage or more. 

I bet most heroes will have both sets, and against daggers will use Heavy, against other classes light. Dont compare yourself with heroes unless you are willing to spend a couple grands to first catch up lvl, and second gear up. Now there is a Trillion adena difference in gear :D, and maybe thats only in jewels.......

1 hour ago, Irlumir said:

you are very far from been HERO. To use light you need a lot more items to compensate wich you dont have like abundance lvl 4, insanity, overenchanted phys/mag shirts or shiny, overenchanted cloacks, etc etc..

You will benefit a lot more from heavy, specially against daggers in oly wich are a lot of them. 
Besides, as most point out, your lvl is low, on light you will be ultra squishy, daggers will eat ya with couple blows... 

On oly, to have fun and be on that 60% / 40% ratio of wins / loses you need at least 40% pvp reduction damage or more. 

I bet most heroes will have both sets, and against daggers will use Heavy, against other classes light. Dont compare yourself with heroes unless you are willing to spend a couple grands to first catch up lvl, and second gear up. Now there is a Trillion adena difference in gear :D, and maybe thats only in jewels.......

What you said makes sense, but it does not matter who is close to being hero, but rather the question raised in the topic. Another thing, do not judge the financial power of the players, for example I have the financial power to equip myself in 1 year very well, so avoid this kind of question, because it ignores the personal life of each one, if they focus on the topic of the topic.

About having two types of armor, it's quite likely. And in fact, damage from a Dagger, Archer and Tyr in the critical hurt a lot. And having -35% critical damage received (physical) is a beautiful thing, when we remember that Angel (-5.5%) + Blood Requiem (-5.5%), total -46% of critical damage, but still has -20% of any critical damage. Reducing from 60 ~ 66%, really heavy becomes a beautiful armor for ISS at all levels. But it is of no use against wizards (As far as I know not). At this time the light armor wins stake, and the fact that (-10% Cooldown, + 10% Debuf, + 14% Skill Mastery Rate) helps a lot in any situation.

So, in fact, changing armor is not impossible, and until well probable, but another point is really necessary, the resistance in the end game of the characters is stupidly high, but very high even, suddenly so use the light, already that having heavy against dagger / archer / tyr still generates a significant reduction. 

On 02/02/2018 at 6:54 PM, Nuky said:

I dont think there was any opening about leather set in my comment about tank/iss dual. The whole reason i mentioned using attack type on tank was so you can share it with the iss. Yes you got it correct.

Idk why the restriction was put. No idea what other isses are using in oly with all the appearances available.My guess is most of them wear whatever they use everyday, be it light, heavy or even robe.

You use light here. :P
Dual Sword > 1h-Sword + Sigil/Shield?

10 hours ago, Nuky said:

Its called progress in game :). For me duals is best.

We were talking about ur main/dual iss/tank toon and that you can use heavy attk type on both iss/tank everyday, not about what set i use in oly.  :) 

Also here you are saying on PvP, not oly. So yea i stand by my comment wondering, where was the opening about having a 2nd set (leather) when i was trying to help you out by telling you u can wear dark heavy attack type on both your iss/tank toon. Oh and as i said there are other people i know who use heavy set on iss so they can also use it on tank (again like i mentioned before)

FYI i already mentioned much much much above that on a high lvl toon who has some/all top gears its best to use leather set in oly.
FYI2 i might be using light now as primary set on my iss (cuz just like u i cannot afford 2 sets, so i prioritize my iss), but i used to use heavy attack type before for both everyday pve/pvp on iss as well as for when i was lvling my tank.

PS: http://prntscr.com/i9zlmi-> Heavy set

case closed

Got it!
If you can help me with another question on this topic, I will be very grateful. It's about the "Abilities Points" (AP) in both cases for ISS, with Heavy and Light? For the Heavy I distribute as in the image below.

Note: "G. Guidance" I do not know if it's good, my Revelation skills are level 2 (I do not know how much it helps me in Oly and PvP), I did not know where else. I also thought about physical defense or magic defense, not G. Guidance and G. Resist. I do not know what Revelations skills would be best used in Level 2 (Use Disparition and Undy Will)

unknown.png

Next comes the AP for light armor, if you use 15% max hp (G. Life) and G. Leather Defense, go for shield and neither Hierophant nor Doomcryer has any bonuses for shield. If you spend points on G. Armor Defense, to have the 15% Max HP (I'll have spent 2 precise points, and I do not know if it would be worth it)

Its dyes apparently the best case and "15CON and 15CHA" to maximize the HP, Defenses P / M.

IYFKa9cf_TSWWBVQC2_Mm_DYQ.jpg

24 minutes ago, Nuky said:

Picking the best AP setup for your toon depends on what gears you have. Armor, accessories, dyes, talismans, if you dont mind saying it here or on private.

Best dyes yea i guess, but it's something extremely expensive. Just 15 CON would suffice.

My gear.

• Set Paulinas Leather Armor  of 30 day (26 Days now ^^)
  • I think of changing my weapon to 1h-Tauti + Sigil. Would be good? (for Hierophant and Doocryer (I and my husband have exactly the same gear, he's Doomcryer and I Hierophant))
  • 56.3k HP7.9 MP / 20k CP
  • 7.1k P. Def / 6.3 M. Def
  • 15.4 P. Atk / 6.1 M. Atk
  • 500 P. Critical Rate
  • 1500 Atk. Speed

If you want you can answer me by PM (Private Message), no problem, since my question was more punctual to the characters of mine and my husband.

Sem_t_tulo.png

35 minutes ago, Nuky said:

I personally would go for this AP.

Heavy:  WlpadzsZStKtweKShkveig.jpeg                   Leather: QSGa42m3ScW3fE4P-IfN0A.jpeg

But for the lvl you are atm its best to go with heavy set. It will increase your survivability. You are going on a good route with your accessories, some stuff you have to improve on, like getting CON dyes, some defensive jewels like obsidian/diamond/pearl, anakim talisman, CON + p def accessory (in no particular order). Also that rudolph agathion is no good for you, better get zodiac mid-grade or above. I think as a starters this should be good.

Guardian shield lv3 (+ 7% P.def)?

Would not it be better for G. Magic Barrier lv3 (+ 7% Mdef)? Well, mages beat a lot in the coliseum, and does Mdef seem to be so hard to climb compared to P.def?

I even use the Talisman Lilith (Because he of M.Def) in the place of P.Def.

"CON + p def accessory", refers to "Hair Accessory"? type an EyePath? (+ 3Con X% Pdef)? or does it refer to agument of boss jewels?
Note: I was told that the Exalted or Replica Tiara is better than + 3CON + 5% Def P or M. Precisely by the Defensive attributes.

The impression I have is that P.Def is vital to ISS (Up to M.Def or Defensive Attributes)

I am very grateful for the help, tips and advice.

6 hours ago, Nuky said:

If you are fighting against feohs more often than you can go with the m def AP. You can also increase your m def by getting a beleth ring. The pdef would be more helpful to you in pve for that lvl. Sooner or later when you lvl up more you will have both.

In this case against mages the "beleth ring", would it be in Baium's place?
https://l2wiki.com/Beleth's_Ring

I understand, in case Maximize P.Def will guarantee me a quieter PvE, in places like AF, Crossroads, ... where the monsters beat a lot.
- Currently in Oly and CoC, MDef would be more interesting to achieve a better balance between P.Def and M.Def?
I was told some time ago that most classes hit with physical damage, so statistically the P.Def is more advantageous. Truth?

Archived