spell book drop rate

sharkman

How does having such a low drop rate is even logical? it's like getting top C weapon from a mob. While DDs dont need such spellbooks at all and can farm wherever they want. Buffers are stuck to farming books from one specific mob with their insane amounts of damage. Logics much.

No idea. Patch notes say Alligator Island drops spellbooks, but Classic wiki has no books on any of the mobs there. Most of the rarer books I've seen on the market have come from the dungeon quest. Not as actual drops. People are paying RMT for skill books.

Either they scrambled the drop tables or simply copy pasted notes wrong....again.

It is indeed hard to drop a SB. That is why you see some being sold for 2kk++

it is normal indeed for you here to reach the level to have a skill but still can't have it due to not having the SB. That will make you feel better when you are finally able to farm it and learn the skill

I like it that way, cause like this its just not a question of leveling to learn the skill, you also have to farm it ;)

cheers

On 24/10/2018 at 11:30 AM, VincentColpa said:

It is indeed hard to drop a SB. That is why you see some being sold for 2kk++

it is normal indeed for you here to reach the level to have a skill but still can't have it due to not having the SB. That will make you feel better when you are finally able to farm it and learn the skill

I like it that way, cause like this its just not a question of leveling to learn the skill, you also have to farm it ;)

cheers

The original drop rate was already punishing enough and was a farm like you're asking for.

The question is, how much worse is the chance of spellbooks dropping here? 

We don't want to get to a point where you have a better chance of becoming rich through a lottery ticket than to get a spellbook in a MMORPG.

17 hours ago, ragingducks said:

The original drop rate was already punishing enough and was a farm like you're asking for.

The question is, how much worse is the chance of spellbooks dropping here? 

We don't want to get to a point where you have a better chance of becoming rich through a lottery ticket than to get a spellbook in a MMORPG.

It is indeed like that. A good reason to know is that DW is vallued around 2-4kk lol

its really hard to get an SB and you dont have many places to get it... HARDCORE challenge ^^

On 10/26/2018 at 6:46 AM, VincentColpa said:

have you got any SB? whats monsters you killing m8?

Been at it over a week now with IT Crater + SoS combined. I have so far 2x Shield Deflect Magic, 1x Aqua Cubic, 1x Divine Power (I wanted to shoot myself when this dropped instead of DW off the Rotting Golems) Don't ask me how many hours I've been at it, it's truly disgusting.

13 minutes ago, Sakumi said:

Spell books used to take week+ to farm, and had some real resale value, especially the  lesser dropped ones.

It was always a rough part of the game, though I'm sure drop rates are lower here a tad.

YEAAAAA JUST A TAD :D Still slaving away as we speak, no DW yet. So far I went 40-45 on two chars just farming mobs that drop DW.

On 26/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, VincentColpa said:

It is indeed like that. A good reason to know is that DW is vallued around 2-4kk lol

its really hard to get an SB and you dont have many places to get it... HARDCORE challenge ^^

If I do agree that getting spellbooks always have been a tough job I think that with current rates it may take it to a whole new level.

When i tried to warn u about that, i think u told me u didn't see it as a valid point, we'll see if ur current experience in sb farming will confirm that ?

In fact I think that DW spellbook is "only" selling 2-4kk cause atm people only have few adena. With time prices could go higher.

Archived