What class has the most balanced use in party pve and pvp.

Zalsaria

I'm asking, because I plan to play for a long time, and I enjoy group play in both forms of pve and pvp, my first idea was a Warcryer, then I saw everyone is mages, a tank, and a ranger or 2 with a healer with recharge. But, from what I've read in the pve aspect mages tend to fall off in the later levels when the grinding swaps from aoeing to more single target scenarios. I thought a tank, but you only need a few of those and their application in PvP besides DA seems questionable.

So, I honestly am not sure what to play. I want something that will get quite a bit of party play and use in pve and pvp. I'm also not picky when it comes to play style, I played old mmorpgs where you sat down between heals styles to WoW where everything is erractic and going quickly.

I had no played L2 since 2008 so my info is crazily outdated and doesn't apply to this server very much other than where to party grind.

5 minutes ago, Zalsaria said:

I'm asking, because I plan to play for a long time, and I enjoy group play in both forms of pve and pvp, my first idea was a Warcryer, then I saw everyone is mages, a tank, and a ranger or 2 with a healer with recharge. But, from what I've read in the pve aspect mages tend to fall off in the later levels when the grinding swaps from aoeing to more single target scenarios. I thought a tank, but you only need a few of those and their application in PvP besides DA seems questionable.

So, I honestly am not sure what to play. I want something that will get quite a bit of party play and use in pve and pvp.

I had no played L2 since 2008 so my info is crazily outdated and doesn't apply to this server very much other than where to party grind.

Well it's quite the oposite. The only way to eficiently pve and exp is by AOE with party. Dragon Valley=AOE, LOA=AOE, EV=AOE, FG=AOE..... everywhere is aoe.   OFC you can solo exp 1 by 1 but belive me...you'll end up quiting.  The game is about party and clans.....dont play solo, its x100 harder. With a dedicated party/clan you play less hours but more eficient.

What class? dunno..... Warlords/Destroyers or Tanks fits very well in a melee aoe pt... Mages.??? well all mages fit in a party AOE.....  Id rather first find a CP/clan then I'll pick a class.

3 minutes ago, Zalsaria said:

So, I honestly am not sure what to play. I want something that will get quite a bit of party play and use in pve and pvp. I'm also not picky when it comes to play style, I played old mmorpgs where you sat down between heals styles to WoW where everything is erractic and going quickly.

Without more info there really isn't a clear answer.  If you don't mind support I would lean towards either EE or SE.  All parties need 1-2 healers (2 are mandatory in good PvP groups).  Maybe even lean more towards SE.  With Stigma you will be needed in high end sinlge target but you can recharge mages too. 

8 minutes ago, Rodah said:

Without more info there really isn't a clear answer.  If you don't mind support I would lean towards either EE or SE.  All parties need 1-2 healers (2 are mandatory in good PvP groups).  Maybe even lean more towards SE.  With Stigma you will be needed in high end sinlge target but you can recharge mages too. 

I tend to ramble sorry, yea playstyle doesn't bother me much is what I was trying to get at, I simply don't want to hit a point with my class choice where I'm more or less useless to parties and clans in pve and pvp (like a prophet since everyone and their mother has a prophet box following them around.) I play mmorpgs for the groups experiences not the solo ones.

17 minutes ago, dorukasama said:

Well it's quite the oposite. The only way to eficiently pve and exp is by AOE with party. Dragon Valley=AOE, LOA=AOE, EV=AOE, FG=AOE..... everywhere is aoe.   OFC you can solo exp 1 by 1 but belive me...you'll end up quiting.  The game is about party and clans.....dont play solo, its x100 harder. With a dedicated party/clan you play less hours but more eficient.

What class? dunno..... Warlords/Destroyers or Tanks fits very well in a melee aoe pt... Mages.??? well all mages fit in a party AOE.....  Id rather first find a CP/clan then I'll pick a class.

The non-aoe places I was refering to is places like Tower of Insolence where some people grind in groups and people have said they tend to focus more on single target classes. But, its difficult at this point in the game to find a clan or CP that would accept a low/level 1 person that they work towards to help fill holes, most that seem "competent" want level 25/30+.

2 minutes ago, Zalsaria said:

I tend to ramble sorry, yea playstyle doesn't bother me much is what I was trying to get at, I simply don't want to hit a point with my class choice where I'm more or less useless to parties and clans in pve and pvp (like a prophet since everyone and their mother has a prophet box following them around.) I play mmorpgs for the groups experiences not the solo ones.

Yeah you can't go wrong with EE/SE in my opinion.  To be fair, a "perfect" PvP group will probably be Bish/EE but SE can sub for EE fairly well.

As far as PvE goes; you can do anything with SE.  You can recharge AOE melee/mage groups (and give emp/VR) and you can Stigma in the high end single target areas. 

Archived