Forums

If Adena and Spoil Rates were increased would you be ok with it?

LoanWolf

What I want is to finally have the GM's make an official response and tell us on what server we are playing on.

Is it a 1x adena/drop/spoil/xp? Is it 0.5x? is it 1000x? What is it ? This is why you see people becoming frustrated and asking for changes cus if this was a 0.20x server (like spoil was at first) then no one would complain cus they decided to join a 0.20x server simple as that.

We dont even know the rates on an OFFICIAL server we are playing on which is something I've never seen before not once all we hear is "we buffed spoil/etc by 50--200%" no specific numbers and 2-3 days ago that they buffed spoil/adena 2x still not saying how much it was or how much it is.

Will we ever get an official response on what kind of server are we playing on ?

2 hours ago, LoanWolf said:

This is an honest question.  I know some people are over the top angry about it (too much so imo) about the adena and spoil rates.  This is just an honest question for the community.  If they did add a buff to spoil rates and change adena scaling on higher level mobs would that be ok?  Are there many people that would be fundamentally opposed to this?  Are there any concerns on how this would effect bots/rmt?  Would this improve your gameplay experience?  If pro-change how much adena should a level 40 1x mob drop, % of spoil? 

Please try to refrain from typing replies in all caps.  This conversation is not made to argue of what it should be or what it shouldnt be.  It is a discussion about what we have right now and if the community as a whole would like to see these things changed.  

Adena drop rate from level 20 mobs is ok atm.

Adena drop rate from level 40+ mobs is definitely not ok.

Even on C3 there was more adena.

How much adena should drop?

Hourly drop must cover cost of used BSSC, 3 teleports, SoE, 3 cast speed and haste potions, and give some profit. Otherwise there will be no point in playing the game. It will be flooded only with spoilers and traders, because noone else will be able to actually play it.

Yes, it's possible to reduce losses by joining AoE party, where you spend less shots per mob, but game has very limited amount of acceptable AoE spots, when we're speaking about population like 6k players, not 2k.

Let's add on top that playing without at least 1 support in party is hardly imaginable, so you can divide your income by 2, if it's live support.

1 minute ago, strangest said:

Adena drop rate from level 20 mobs is ok atm.

Adena drop rate from level 40+ mobs is definitely not ok.

Even on C3 there was more adena.

How much adena should drop?

Hourly drop must cover cost of used BSSC, 3 teleports, SoE, 3 cast speed and haste potions, and give some profit. Otherwise there will be no point in playing the game. It will be flooded only with spoilers and traders, because noone else will be able to actually play it.

Yes, it's possible to reduce losses by joining AoE party, where you spend less shots per mob, but game has very limited amount of acceptable AoE spots, when we're speaking about population like 6k players, not 2k.

Let's add on top that playing without at least 1 support in party is hardly imaginable, so you can divide your income by 2, if it's live support.

The adena drop is WRONG from lvl 20 since yesterday. Mobs are dropping adena in a 7 to 10% of chance. Completely broken

whatever rates NCSOFT decides they need to be consistant.  A x3 mob at lvl 40 needs to drop more than a x1 mob at lvl 28, thats obvious and anyone that disagrees is vastly outnumbered.  I dont want to work 3 toons, gearing them all up to the teeth, get to cruma and find out its better adena rerolling and killing festering bats at DE village.

5 hours ago, IceAge said:

If the concerns about increasing adena/spoil rate are because of bots/rmt, then increase them only for VIP's. 

Thats when all people begin to leave and you will stay with 500 ppl online like live servers...If you like pay to win go live server and leave classic alone. 

2 hours ago, lakirojunl said:

Thats when all people begin to leave and you will stay with 500 ppl online like live servers...If you like pay to win go live server and leave classic alone. 

Interesting comment.  You do realize that if all the people who pay money in the game go to live the free-to-players will have no game to play because NCWest will shut Classic down as soon as it becomes unprofitable.

10 hours ago, strangest said:

I was a 70+ nuker in C3 Live back in the day, and i don`t remember that things worked like that. But maybe my memories are playing a joke on me.

5 hours ago, Carebear said:

Interesting comment.  You do realize that if all the people who pay money in the game go to live the free-to-players will have no game to play because NCWest will shut Classic down as soon as it becomes unprofitable.

Im saying that non VIP players will leave server and i bet theres less players whom bought VIP then free to play  players. So only VIP's will stay coz they sunk them money on the game before its even tested...Admin already said that they looking into the problem and it might take time for koreans to fix it. Before you do something first thing you do is research. No shit wanna be "fully geared in one month" boys will cry because they are not getting ahead. and im sure when they gonna fix adena/spil those wonna be boys will find another reason to cry. Just my opinion

2 hours ago, HyPnoZze said:

What level are you ? 20 for now 10 days hardstuck in AC / OB ?

Spaming spider quest ?

U know nothing Jon SNow.

We have been doing that yes. and what about the quest? if you didnt do these good luck further and to be honest if you are going for lvls in this game you are playing it wrong.

They shud make it more hardcore by lowering the amount of adena on the early stage of character also even the higher level one. Or maybe eventually just decrease more exp rate too. Spoil rate also keep in stay low just to make sure people keep in crawl for grind IMHO

Indeed also the market would drop aswell. the only thing that needs to increase abit is the spoil but then again. its hardcore grind. i see people with c grade already. i disliked that there was a starter quest which boosted you to 20 without any adena. i toke it anyway. if i didnt toke it i would have to grind more and i would have get more money. but then again the spider quest gave us alot which we could buy dark elven bow. so its not even that bad.

PS: imo people are way too use to games that makes you max lvl and have all the gear within a month. THIS IS NOT THE GAME for that. which is why i like it. oke they decrease it more because of vip but still it does not prevent me from playing

16 hours ago, Limerence said:

There is nothing free in this world ... Get your head on it ... Nothing is free ! Now that we've established that, you have to thank the people paying whether you like or not ... They sustain this game however you wanna look at it ... In a p2p model, freeloaders wouldn't play ... It's that simple ... 

League of Legends is free. Tell them about "your" p2p model...

3 hours ago, lakirojunl said:

Im saying that non VIP players will leave server and i bet theres less players whom bought VIP then free to play  players. So only VIP's will stay coz they sunk them money on the game before its even tested...Admin already said that they looking into the problem and it might take time for koreans to fix it. Before you do something first thing you do is research. No shit wanna be "fully geared in one month" boys will cry because they are not getting ahead. and im sure when they gonna fix adena/spil those wonna be boys will find another reason to cry. Just my opinion

Thanks for replying.  I understood your comment.  Mine was referring to your last sentence -- "If you like pay to win go live server and leave classic alone."  If they took that advice (and I'm not saying they would), then the Classic servers would be left with only the free-to-play players and would close quickly.  As an aside, I do wish the hardcore folks would quit insulting those who want changes.  It's not "crying" to suggest changes, and "no shit wanna be 'fully geared in one month' boys" is an undeserved insult.  Everyone agrees the game should be "hardcore" but it should also be fun.  The discussion is whether the queues, rates, etc., have made the game so hardcore that it is no longer fun.  On that point, reasonable people can differ reasonably and without insults.     

I would be strongly against higher rates (dont know about spoil, its maybe broken) of adena or exp. Many ppl are using stupid +1kk scrolls which makes them out of adena and SP. I am almost lvl 40, farming zones 45+- with friend of mine only in duo, we are using bssd mostly and still we have a little profit. When we turn bssd off (which is normal to me for casual exp), we are in high profit. Everything fine, I would be against some adena rate increase. Its third week of server and ppl are already owning C gr items. U understand that B gr is max here right? I dont want to get best gear in 6 months, it should be much more difficult to get C gr to me. To guys, learn to farm without soul/spiritshots, learn to play with other players in party and u wont need much adena. Wait full drops, there are not many, but one day u will get anything. If you want to have B gr in a month, probably this setting is not for you and you should leave without emotional topic on forum.

5 hours ago, Carebear said:

Thanks for replying.  I understood your comment.  Mine was referring to your last sentence -- "If you like pay to win go live server and leave classic alone."  If they took that advice (and I'm not saying they would), then the Classic servers would be left with only the free-to-play players and would close quickly.  As an aside, I do wish the hardcore folks would quit insulting those who want changes.  It's not "crying" to suggest changes, and "no shit wanna be 'fully geared in one month' boys" is an undeserved insult.  Everyone agrees the game should be "hardcore" but it should also be fun.  The discussion is whether the queues, rates, etc., have made the game so hardcore that it is no longer fun.  On that point, reasonable people can differ reasonably and without insults.     

I am sorry if i insulted you. But thats my way i see people. While theres 1000's of posts about it and only handful of people tought about taking a look at dev tracker and see what devs said in comments. It is hard to play. i have 21 spoiler and 23 buffer and i only have 290k adena (all together) and a long sword that i got for 77k. YES i didnt hit 40+yet. But im pretty sure once i do they already will fix rates and spoil xD 
If nothing will change in a month or two-people begin to leave. Cheers 

Archived