Advantages and Disadvantages of each knight?

Astarot

I intend to create a knight and invest in it but I know nothing about them, absolutely nothing, could you help me by telling the primary differences between them in salvation? For example, advantages, disadvantages are PvE as PvP (In bulk or soil)

Have a Job 1 or 2 skill, which is interesting to keep and not to substitute for PvP or Pve.

They say that HK and SK are the most aggressive and PK and TK are the most defensive. They also say that PK is the most wanted / wanted in Party, and that in the Olympics the PK is almost sovereign ....

Many rumors, but I do not know anything, help me choose me passing information, I already have a good gear, I will only pass it on lv 99.

On 19/12/2017 at 12:58 PM, OMEGALIGHT said:

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to point out some PvE / PvP details about which tanks are the best based on the situation. This (in my opinion) is the best fit for each type of tank.

• SK - PvE (1st) / PvP (Decent): .The 101 Aura combined with racial passive skills make this tank a PvE monster. This is due to the versatility of Defensive Skills and CC capabilities, it allows the player to effectively control the killrate. I hear in Korea a high number of tanks are SK.
  • PK - PvE (2nd) / PvP (2nd) : Currently, the PK is the most Defensive well rounded Tank without any question. This is particularly due to Superior CC abilities, Highest 101 Defensive Aura (minus element) and ability to sustain a beating (while using provoke aura) that keeps the party alive.
  • TK- PvE (Outstanding) / PvP (1st):  Hands down this tank offers a High Element defense, decent CC abilities and has a High survivability capability. However, it does not have the SK Aura Patk /Matk bonus or the Debuff bonus effect of the PK cubic. The TK shines in the Element Defense with Decent Defensive and CC Abilities. Because of the balance of skills and benefit of Cubic's, its the best Overall tank in the game atm.
  • HK- PvE (Decent) / PvP (not sure) : This is where I need people help with input, or reading material to make a assessment on how the HK functions in PvP. HK has always been a decent party tank, great at hybrid solo and (if played right) a menace on the field. The Cat Debuff along with the ability to gain more Mdef is a must for this current update. However, I can't say how it holds up in PvP with this current update, so any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Note: I want to thank all those who will add a positive constructive dialogue, thank you very much.

:D

Ofc it's Omega's opinion. But he resumed well the class

Offensive tanks only with bloody gear. ST been the best of both.

For real tank take pala or evas, both are great. I consider evas better due to great pulling / CC capability. 

Paladin is nice, offers 15% debuff protection wich is indeed very nice for pvp. But 100 elemental defence to party (150 ele more to himself) is a lot to consider....

As said Irlumir and Cartman evas templar is the the best overall tank in the game. But if you want the best boost for your party shillien templar is the correct choice. The 101 aura which gives to all party members +10%p/m atk with combination with the hex cube that lows enemies p/m def 15% is a big advantage. Only matters what do you expect from your tank. Want more def for you and your party or more boost for you and you party. Your choice is yours :).

On 1/2/2018 at 4:27 PM, TenebrisFilia said:

As said Irlumir and Cartman evas templar is the the best overall tank in the game. But if you want the best boost for your party shillien templar is the correct choice. The 101 aura which gives to all party members +10%p/m atk with combination with the hex cube that lows enemies p/m def 15% is a big advantage. Only matters what do you expect from your tank. Want more def for you and your party or more boost for you and you party. Your choice is yours :).

Is true that ofensive tanks add that boost to dps but for an expensive cost. Defensive tanks resist 25% more or a bit more than offensive tanks (evas templar has 150 more elemental defence and 15% more pdef/mdef, you recive around 27% less damage than ST or HK with same gear) Paladin is almost the same.
Thats why i say with bloody gear to be able to perform as tank as good as defensive ones on pve.

THe patk boost on pvp is useless.  Hex cubix is useless on pve (iss debuff + any debuff reach CAP) , only place for it is oly, maybe open pvp??(nah), and solo pve? :D farm solo on tank is horrible xD

Most of pve farming is aoe, and on instances with bosses mobs will reach the cap of pdef reduction, thats why hex is useless there. 
THe only good tool of ST is mass paralyze wich is indeed very nice both pve and pvp. But now all tanks have more CC skills so.......

Honestly, on this update, and if you do not own a bloody gear the best  chooise is a defensive tank.  The others can perform ok but the difference is huge.

I was ST and then switch to evas, the boost was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/01/2018 at 3:54 PM, Astarot said:

I intend to create a knight and invest in it but I know nothing about them, absolutely nothing, could you help me by telling the primary differences between them in salvation? For example, advantages, disadvantages are PvE as PvP (In bulk or soil)

Have a Job 1 or 2 skill, which is interesting to keep and not to substitute for PvP or Pve.

They say that HK and SK are the most aggressive and PK and TK are the most defensive. They also say that PK is the most wanted / wanted in Party, and that in the Olympics the PK is almost sovereign ....

Many rumors, but I do not know anything, help me choose me passing information, I already have a good gear, I will only pass it on lv 99.

Can I be honest with you? Do not do Knight. Because this new update states in the patch note that the Knight who was powerful, will be more powerful, lie, NCSoft once again lied, everything they said there for you, just showed that Eva's Templar has become the best, too , after so many updates, always considered the worst, he became the best of all in this update, but, in general, the Knight was weak before the other class, loses for all, formerly won and lost to Summoner, not today wins more, cubics are slower in removing debuff. I also noticed that the Knights are more fragile in debuffing, they get much easier debuffs, and their debuffs are short, at most 3 seconds, that's when 3 seconds, I'm doing tests, silence sometimes lasts 3 seconds, but much of it lasts only 2 seconds or 1 seconds, I find the time of 3 seconds a time too short, while a Mark of a summoner, which is an extremely appealing skill, as well as the ability of that Iss burning HP, they burn an average of more than 400 HP, imagine you getting 4 Marks this time all the time, and the cubic summon that slowed down to act, you lose easily, not to mention the fact that silence, besides failing more, takes little time in Summoner, in Iss and etc in any class. Summarizing everything in PVP 1 verse 1, it has become the garbage class, as it is a class that beats weak, and continues to take high damage, and to make matters worse, most Sigel Knight skills are full of spells, Rise Shielad and Focus Shield, the description looks like they're great but they are not since it disables any use of another shield skill, the previous Final Ultimate Defense was a Final Ultimate Defense, I used it in the COC and simply took 63,000 damage from a Feoh Hero, analyzes, the skill is simply rubbish, with no effect whatsoever. Shield Wave releases a buff that when the person hits you, returns damage, but returns so little, but so little, that this skill has no sense in existing. In short, the Sigel Knight is the class that should withstand more magic damage and physical damage, but can not stand anything, and in this update with these weak skills that NCsoft created, claiming that it would give Up in class, lied, keeps lying, the company can not really balance anything, the class today, has difficulty winning a fight in the Olympics, his and a lot, but, in general, loses a lot, until Iss is giving a beating in a class that should take less damage, on the contrary, this Knight class has nothing. Skills have worsened, but some players will come claiming that this better, pure lie, just see that, after the update began, the class again disappeared from the game. Because NCsoft is a weak company in making essential changes, or takes too long, how come, a class that damages extremely low, takes extremely high damages? Even the Feoh have better defense skills than Knight, NCsoft thinks giving 100% more to P.Defesa or M.Defesa temporarily makes the Sigel sturdier, NCsoft is so weak at this that she forgot that she has gone from GOD even today, absurdly increasing damage from DDs, that these weak increases in defense by skill, has not resulted in anything. Especially when we talk about extremely high damage like the Othell Rogue, Archers and Feohs, not to mention the Summoner's absurd damage with his marks and his summons lvl 101, which, in this lvl, besides the marks do damage absurd, the pet that picks up on the lvl 101 is giving high damage... I think that NCSoft should hire WOW programmers and creators to achieve agility, since it does not give the silence that fails too much, when it takes 3 seconds only, in the meantime, Mark lasts 10 seconds, the ability to burn HP from Iss Orc for 10 seconds, all Sigel debuffs lasts less than 3 seconds, I do not understand the logic of NCsoft, the classes that give absurd damage like Feoh, the debuffs last 20, 30, up to 1 minutes, archer the same thing, Othell the same thing , Summoner the same thing. And that silence that fails a lot, it lasts 3 seconds ... NCsoft is weak, it seems that she created the new Sigel skills, but did not test it correctly. 

14 hours ago, Murkan said:

Bad translated crap

I am really surprise on how you bash the class. You mention Feoh,  Wynn,  have hard time against those... What kind of.gear you wear and your enemies in oly? If you pretend to have a chance with crappy jewels against Feoh's well that aint gonna happend. Will be nice to understand your lvl, gear to be so Furious at the class, maybe you want to much for what you have.  Besides on other tank topic you was saying was imposible to have 50k pdef or more and i show you screens with that. 

How much pvp resistance you have? Pvp damage? Are lvl 103 at least or more?  Feoh is a hard class to battle, but there are also easy ones like tyr and othel.

About 3 sec debuff count you can spam silence with normal gear....

Really want to know lvl, gear and setup. Oly demands pvp gear..

22 hours ago, Irlumir said:

I am really surprise on how you bash the class. You mention Feoh,  Wynn,  have hard time against those... What kind of.gear you wear and your enemies in oly? If you pretend to have a chance with crappy jewels against Feoh's well that aint gonna happend. Will be nice to understand your lvl, gear to be so Furious at the class, maybe you want to much for what you have.  Besides on other tank topic you was saying was imposible to have 50k pdef or more and i show you screens with that. 

How much pvp resistance you have? Pvp damage? Are lvl 103 at least or more?  Feoh is a hard class to battle, but there are also easy ones like tyr and othel.

About 3 sec debuff count you can spam silence with normal gear....

Really want to know lvl, gear and setup. Oly demands pvp gear..

Wasting your time buddy. Wrong class for him, he just seems to be unable to accept it.

If someone ever wants to find out the true state of a class during an update, just check top PvP parties. Not neccesarily because they are the best players, but they do try to make the most of their investment since they actually spend a lot. We've moved from the 2 tank party setup to 1 tank party setup (and maybe 2 Isses), but it's still a must to have a tank in any serious PvP group. We are also needed for regular instances, aka Altar, AF, Gludio, Tavern, AoE Farm and the new content. That pretty much speaks for itself

On 12/2/2018 at 12:19 PM, Keoz said:

Wasting your time buddy. Wrong class for him, he just seems to be unable to accept it.

If someone ever wants to find out the true state of a class during an update, just check top PvP parties. Not neccesarily because they are the best players, but they do try to make the most of their investment since they actually spend a lot. We've moved from the 2 tank party setup to 1 tank party setup (and maybe 2 Isses), but it's still a must to have a tank in any serious PvP group. We are also needed for regular instances, aka Altar, AF, Gludio, Tavern, AoE Farm and the new content. That pretty much speaks for itself

Yea, for sure you are right, Waste of time speaking to him. I even have more fun now in oly than before, and i do not have great gear.....

Most probably he is semi noob and use to have some fun in oly with the old UD that give him some winnings due reflect.

For sure now, without lvl and gear you will be doom in oly, but any class will. Now i found a lot more fun by using techniques on defence and attack to try maximieze damage difference.

What i found now is tyr seems weaker than before agains tanks. Maybe is because now i change to evas and they really dont do damage at all in pvp, also othels.
Even when outgear me are an easier match than other classes. Also now found a really nice tech to beat healers on damage. It involves the use of two hand stance btw XD, you can even win some that outgear you. 
Feohs are hard, op class of the moment. 

Only played Eva's Templar in this new update so can only comment on that:

• Othellot Cubic:
    • Infinite MP. You don't run out. Period.
    • 9% hp every 10s, if you have 100k hp, that's 9k.... That's like 5 panic heals.
  • Hawk Cubic:
    • Run speed - You can outrun most people, great for positioning before your aoe skills, e.g. hate, stuns, aegis
    • Shield def - works both defensively, and offensively (2hand stance)
  • 5 skills that pull/push, it interrupts skills
  • 101 aura gives 100 defensive attribute, which can give up to ~10% damage reduction.

1 hour ago, f00dmonsta said:

Only played Eva's Templar in this new update so can only comment on that:

• Othellot Cubic:
    • Infinite MP. You don't run out. Period.
    • 9% hp every 15s, if you have 100k hp, that's 9k.... That's like 5 panic heals.
  • Hawk Cubic:
    • Run speed - You can outrun most people, great for positioning before your aoe skills, e.g. hate, stuns, aegis
    • Shield def - works both defensively, and offensively (2hand stance)
  • 5 skills that pull/push, it interrupts skills
  • 101 aura gives 100 defensive attribute, which can give up to ~10% damage reduction.

Just an observation,  Othellot Cubic heals every 10 sec not 15 sec. 
And evas has 150 more elemental defence and 5% less cooldown than other tanks. 
Cheers

35 minutes ago, Irlumir said:

Cheers

Thanks for the 10s catch :) I think ET has 5% more attribute defense not 150, and yea -5% cooldowns.

9 hours ago, Irlumir said:

Cheers

I hate those OP Evas. I want my Knight Cubic back!

10 hours ago, f00dmonsta said:

Thanks for the 10s catch :) I think ET has 5% more attribute defense not 150, and yea -5% cooldowns.

It has 150 element defence more -->   50 more from passive, 100 more from Aura = 150 more than other tanks . Description on passive is bugged says 5% but is 50.

1 hour ago, Keoz said:

I hate those OP Evas. I want my Knight Cubic back!

Just need to change class dude XD. 

Hi guys. Ive played tank every since open beta. I have 1 of every tank 101 or above. And im gonna be 100% honest with u. The ET is the best overall tank in the game now hands down. Second i would say is the ST, third Pally, the HK. Reasons r simple. TK is the best defensivly, st best offensively now, pally while the debuff resistance is a good thing, its so many debuffs comming at u in pvp, u dont even notice it, and HK well they kinda dismantled it. To me the HK is the funnest to play cause of the cat, but it doesnt measure up to the other 3. Oh and i occasionally grace the forums and i noticed that people say tanks r weaker now and blah blah blah. Well i say this. Tanks r way stronger, but for the people that take the time to PLAY THEIR TANK. They changed a lot of skills that use to make u basically invinsible for x amount of time. Now its only 1 skill that make u unkillable for a short period of time. But the flip side to that is raise shield and focus shield can be up all the time. Which in turn doubles p def and mdef. If u running around with 90 -120k pdef and 40-50k mdef all the time and die, theres something wrong with U lol. Another thing, frenzy time is shortened. And even though it doesnt give u pdef, it doubles mdef. And shield defence. See in my case only nukers hit me hard. And the fact that i can constantly keep mdef pretty much at 40k + u can survive anything in game. Pve shoukdnt even be discussed. Once u hit 102 u shouldnt hardly take any damage from pve if your tank is built right. Pvp wise the TK shines cause of elemental defence. While people may think its not too important, get hit by a dragon weapon with low element. It will change your mind quick. The more elemental defence the better chance of survival. Pally is cool also but in pvp the loss of element means u taking harder hits. Pdef does hardly anything. U can survive a archer or dagger but a nuker 2 shots u. AND THERES A LOT OF NUKERS OUT THERE NOW. ST......The lightening and other debiffs r great. And if your party is set right, could be awesome. But survieability becomes a issue. HK.....the new aura gives the party some pdef and mdef....a lil patk and matk......and thats it. They say the cat has been enhanced but i dont notice it, seems nerfed to me. He doesnt stun anymore nor the other debuff he had. Cant remember what it was called. Only thing it has left is the crit wound debuff. Fun to play but.....

Anyway im done rambling. I love the new tanks. Makes me play harder and notice new things my tank can do. Some people will disagree with me, and thats fine. But people who really love ghe tank class i believe would agree. Have a great one.

On 30/1/2018 at 2:54 PM, Astarot said:

Well as you can see Evas is the King on this patchnote. Keeps its forme knights cubics functions with som adds, have strong elemental defence (150 more than other tanks) and give party members 100 elem def wich is a pure 10% damage reduction for party both pve and pvp, that are not many debuff around that reduce it.  Have the best set of pull skills. The "offensive" tanks add 10% patk % matk to whole party as fix and that can not be boosted by any means. All tanks have little damage to not consider to go on a solo hunt, but are a must for all aoe party that know what they are doing and thouse are the most rewarding way of farming. All can deliver some decent damage while on frenzy + two hand stance, when HK have the win on the pve damage. You can overstack and expend really a lot to make your tank deliver some nice damage on pve but that damage will be crap if you measure it on a real dd with that kind of gear. 

What is your gear? Setup must be to be a damage sponge so you can hold very nice aoe party on AF, GOS, ELVEN, GC (lower areas) where the real xp is. 
So in resume:

- Evas Templar 1st to fullfill the rol of Tank

- Second or third may be ST due to his mass para skill wich is really nice. But if not bloody armor and use dark or other for pve best stay on defensive tanks (mainly to handle better XP on elven). The other candidate is Paladin for obviuos reasons. Better surv.

- Last one is HK. Mainly because it needs a lot more gear to deliver the role as the others tank. BUT this tank with end game gear offers some nice features, The high reflect can be of some effect on open pvp, the damage capability can boost your killing on raids and if you want to waste time and go on solo with tank this is your best choice...... but honestly is the worst at gear v/s return, so unless you have really nice gear ( +10 bloody and all the exclusives) i will just skip this one.

Most ppl that hate the update are HK btw :D        i think the only moron evas that do not like the patch is that nab @Murkan  wich think that tank can not reach some average 50k pdef on raise shield and keep it all time when farming with cov or pw you are on 80k pdef with normal bless+8set , raise shield really boost % pdef equiped boost and buffs. Stacked or good geared reach 100k pdef like @Norbit says. 

Lol i have always said Katrise is the kindest tank out there. It's a shame you are on the wrong side of the server :P

Just joking.

Imho for a retuning player ET is the way to go. For an experienced player i don't think it's possible to reroll to ET.

Just stick with what you have.

Hey katri you have to admitt than not everyone of us does pvp on a daily basis vs truffle or pep.

4 hours ago, Quitted said:

Lol i have always said Katrise is the kindest tank out there. It's a shame you are on the wrong side of the server :P

Just joking.

Imho for a retuning player ET is the way to go. For an experienced player i don't think it's possible to reroll to ET.

Just stick with what you have.

Hey katri you have to admitt than not everyone of us does pvp on a daily basis vs truffle or pep.

Im an experienced player and switch class with chaos ess (from dark elf tank) to evas, for testing, and keep evas. Lvl 104 here.. (no fish crap involved on my lvling, only farming for hours and hours of aoe on af, elven, etc..........and the usuall daily crap....
so no, and as i said  if you dont have awesome gear switch to evas so you can perform the best way posible on both pve an pvp, Imo will be the biggest boost for short amount of adena..

thouse passive of 15% more pdef get a nice boost with raise shield and the 150 ele more really makes the difference.
Now if you are uber stacked will not mather... i guess.....
Besides the pulls of evas are very helpfull both pve //  pvp

I'm not used to buy from rmters not to buy accounts so i gave up almost 8 months ago due to another ncwest scam.

I've logged in just to see the new skills. ST 104 here.

I said that only because i think it's really difficult to change your 14 years long play stile, well almost impossible.

If you managed to do that (from ST to ET) give some hints to the nubs. They will appreciate it for sure and i will too if i will evercome back but i don't think it's gonna happen.

Have fun irlu

lol 14 years of playing a game and its almost impossible to change your playing style on one class? In any competitive online game you need to know the ins and outs of every class so you know their strengths and what weaknesses you can exploit this game has changed a lot of times and it's just laughable that anyone who played any game for 14 years is this incompetent that they can't adapt to the new playing style I mean I'm not trying to ridicule you or anything but I just find it laughable at best considering that tanks is probably one of the most if not the most class that had so many changes in a good and in a bad way in all this years from being a support to becoming a dd to becoming a support again then becoming a support/crowd control lol regardless any "experienced" player will be able to play any class if they wished to it's all about investing the time to learn the class and putting the work to be better 

I don't think you will ever understand what i'm trying to say aizen.

It's like cars. I own two of them same speed 240 km/h, dunno how much it is in rpms, but there are differences.

You have to know what the limits are unless you want to crash one of the cars trying to make a bend in the road at top speed like you did with the other car at the very same speed.

If you try to make a bend like you did with the other car you will simply crash in front of a three.

Ofc you have to know where those limits are for each car, or for each toon, and you can know where those limits are only if you play only that class.

Katrise is just the exception to this rule that's why he's got the respect.

Ask temperance if he has ever tried to do a ST 104 then switch it back to iss.

1 hour ago, Quitted said:

I don't think you will ever understand what i'm trying to say aizen.

It's like cars. I own two of them same speed 240 km/h, dunno how much it is in rpms, but there are differences.

You have to know what the limits are unless you want to crash one of the cars trying to make a bend in the road at top speed like you did with the other car at the very same speed.

If you try to make a bend like you did with the other car you will simply crash in front of a three.

Ofc you have to know where those limits are for each car, or for each toon, and you can know where those limits are only if you play only that class.

Katrise is just the exception to this rule that's why he's got the respect.

Ask temperance if he has ever tried to do a ST 104 then switch it back to iss.

lol comparing playing a tank class to driving cars just simply shows how much little you know about the game :P Playing tank is not complicated and anyone who tries to over complicate playing a tank will never maximize the potential of that class. Though I do agree katrise is a good tank :)Temperance dual class is a tank TK and she's good at it so does that answer your question?( btw why are you asking about temperance lmao are you a huge fan of hers? looool) Not everyone who plays this game for 14 years is as incompetent as you are lol :D

It's no complicated at all to make a bend in the road with a car. Unless you are a 14yo kiddo without the driver licence.

It becomes complicated when you try to do that bend at 90 to 120 km/h aka if you know how to pvp ending up with just a bunch of hps left so the healers can save your ass. I mean ok i reroll to ET to do what? to fuc k up at least my cp fist 100 pvps so the great kiddo Aizen can prove something?

Nice idea, indeed.

This topic was about "I intend to create a knight and invest in it but I know nothing about them, absolutely nothing, could you help me by telling the primary differences between them in salvation? For example, advantages, disadvantages are PvE as PvP (In bulk or soil)"

Everyone agreed on ET so what should be your point?

As for the rest everyone know who katrise is

Everyone know who temperance is.

Everyone knows who you really are and changing servers didn't helped you, trust me.

9 hours ago, Quitted said:

It's no complicated at all to make a bend in the road with a car. Unless you are a 14yo kiddo without the driver licence.

It becomes complicated when you try to do that bend at 90 to 120 km/h aka if you know how to pvp ending up with just a bunch of hps left so the healers can save your ass. I mean ok i reroll to ET to do what? to fuc k up at least my cp fist 100 pvps so the great kiddo Aizen can prove something?

Nice idea, indeed.

This topic was about "I intend to create a knight and invest in it but I know nothing about them, absolutely nothing, could you help me by telling the primary differences between them in salvation? For example, advantages, disadvantages are PvE as PvP (In bulk or soil)"

Everyone agreed on ET so what should be your point?

As for the rest everyone know who katrise is

Everyone know who temperance is.

Everyone knows who you really are and changing servers didn't helped you, trust me.

lol I'm still laughing how you're trying so hard to compare a car to playing tank it really doesn't work son it really doesn't what's even worst is that your comparison is so bad you had to compliment your own idea you remind me of that tank from max who wrote stupid things here on forums lol O.o

Archived