Forums

Summoners and Beast Shots

Aghast

Hey guys,

I've given it a fair amount of time without complaining about it but at this point im a bit confused, here's why :

As a lvl 40 PS

-my Soulless uses 2 beast shots per hit

-my Soulless takes between 3-5 shots to kill a lower lvl mob ( green )

-the cost of a kill is 219a-365a

-summoning shots is cheaper than store, true, but its still 36.6a each

-this means every time my summon hits it spends 73 or so adena

-the mob drops anywhere between 150-300 adena

How is this supposed to work ? am I missing something ?

If so please help me out, I'm loving my PS thus far, but the math just doesn't work ( unless I play without shots )

Its actually simple - go without shots.

And i did actually play a summoner up to ~52 (iirc) at skelth (EU), where there was no beast shots at the start to begin with it. Even if there was - i wouldnt be able to use them all the time anyway.

Nuking with spells past 40 until they arent efficient, later on switching to melee weapons and just hitting mobs with ur summon.

Had no reason to complain since i could grind pretty much non stop without any box (although slow, but still without any stops).

1 hour ago, tyntas said:

Its actually simple - go without shots.

And i did actually play a summoner up to ~52 (iirc) at skelth (EU), where there was no beast shots at the start to begin with it. Even if there was - i wouldnt be able to use them all the time anyway.

Nuking with spells past 40 until they arent efficient, later on switching to melee weapons and just hitting mobs with ur summon.

Had no reason to complain since i could grind pretty much non stop without any box (although slow, but still without any stops).

This.

You're not supposed to even have shots on the summons at this point, just ignore them and play as they don't exist, you'll be doing a fine damage anyways.

Nope!

You are not supposed to even play the game at this point, let alone wanting to have shots for your summon.

They say the same about melee fighters too. "Soulshots are a luxury. Don't use them all the time." I see they say the same about summons too.

I say ignore them and .. take your own decision about this server, as things will not change.

Summons were stronger in classic version when there were no shots people. 

Now they are balanced assuming you are using them.... So nerfed.

Also, yes summons are supposed to be good at pve. They were designed from day 1 to be best solo class ingame…. Now they just ok and a pain to play - especially at higher level.

Truthfully, NCwest didn't balance this version and summoners kinda get screwed. It has nothing to do with summons not being gear dependent. That's just a reality. Sorry but true OP.

22 minutes ago, Aghast said:

Thats sad, and I dont suppose theres a lvl point where I can reach break even? 

So, from my understanding:

NCwest was given server rate files that korea classic used but is using client from NCwest live (their normal NA L2 servers). The ticker: VIP in korea gave you +400% exp and drop or something like that. Plus here, mobs are stronger than they were in Korea classic because they using different client...

So now in NA classic, a lot of people playing this version either assume that NCwest is in process of adjusting rates to compensate

or

keeping rates of higher level content low, so they can manipulate how fast people level.

another theory is that once population start dying (which it already is, that's why they keep giving us afk events imo :(), they will add more exp bonus / drop bonus stuff to store. In NCwest live, they have enough exp/drop bonus items in store for you to easily spend hundreds every month on each box. Same with Aion (their other mmo).

With that said, to answer your question, no one knows quite yet. That's why people have been so vocal on forums. Trying to get NCwest to balance rates.

well i was planning to play summoner, because i play solo and i thought it can be more cheaper than play mage with spiritshots, but when i saw price of beast shots, with my es i will stuck as mage like till lvl 50, just go with 1 class transfer dmg spell and summon for recharge -_-

Archived