The reasons why I stop playing Lineage II

RebelRF

This post is not to criticize or insult anyone, but I just wanted to share my experience and the reasons that push me today to stop playing L2. I speak as a player who has played for several years in this game from its birth in open beta.

I do not leave because of ....

1- Bots: They have always been part of L2 and although very little has been done to fix it, I learned to live with and I can deal with it.

2- Multiboxing: Again, an inerrant facet to L2, which is much more present now with the F2P, but still I can deal with it ....

3- Drops / Adenas .... Frankly, I experienced worse when the game was born ... We did not do easy 150k a day with a quest to pick up top NG in 2 days. The problem comes more from the fact that people are hitting up level 40 in 2 weeks, which would have been unthinkable in the good old days.

I leave because ...

- Lineage 2 was a real hardcore game where everything depended on your player skills and the time you spent playing, nothing to do with today's classic pseudo version that comes much closer to the P2W of GoD that results of the supposed F2P version that comes with an insidious cash shop. In my memories of L2 classic, everyone received the same experience per mob, had the same chance to drop, etc .... Now everything depends on how much you pay (VIP, Packs, cash shop, etc ...). It is precisely for this major reason that I stopped playing L2 in the past. I was hoping naively that it would be different with a classic version, but we can all be wrong as they say ... And please do not tell me that someone who receives nearly double XP per mob, not counting the drops, damages, and other bonuses are not like P2W. Can you please keep yourself a little discomfort?

-I am still trying to understand what fishing is doing in a classic version of L2, apart from encouraging bots, multibox and AFK. Probably my memory plays tricks on me, but I do not remember that we rewarded the players for being AFK, I thought it was the opposite ....

I would have liked to have a "real" classic version with subscription, as before, where everyone was on the same footing, without cash shop or other and could only rely on their players skills. While I realize that the generation of players nowadays is perhaps not as hardcore as in time and that this business model would not have fit to all, but we should have at least been able to offer us the choice, this possibility; that of having a server with sub. as in the golden age of Lineage II. I think we had the right to expect no less!

In short, I wish you all to enjoy your experience in this "new revisited version" of L2 and enjoy it, because for me, it is now impossible!

Pretty much summed up the reality of the situation. I feel bad for all of you innocent well meaning people who came to this game thinking it was in some form going to be fair. Yeah, no. NC might be the most trash company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I don't say this lightly but as you can see for yourself they don't care about anybody but whales. I am personally so jaded that at this point I wasn't even a little surprised with any of the issues people have had. I wasn't even surprised when they randomly banned my necro for literally no reason.  I found it amusing that people thought the que was bugged and that wasn't a lottery by design. No rational person should play this game or give money to this company. They literally don't deserve it. And if you think the pay to win ends here you have no idea what you're in for, just wait until the pay events. I know people that spent thousands of dollars on the other servers. I'm not exaggerating. NC is going to milk you people for every dime. Make no mistake, this server wasn't built for players it was built to milk players. I applaud you though, you have figured it out sooner than most.

6 hours ago, RebelRF said:

This post is not to criticize or insult anyone, but I just wanted to share my experience and the reasons that push me today to stop playing L2. I speak as a player who has played for several years in this game from its birth in open beta.

I do not leave because of ....

1- Bots: They have always been part of L2 and although very little has been done to fix it, I learned to live with and I can deal with it.

2- Multiboxing: Again, an inerrant facet to L2, which is much more present now with the F2P, but still I can deal with it ....

3- Drops / Adenas .... Frankly, I experienced worse when the game was born ... We did not do easy 150k a day with a quest to pick up top NG in 2 days. The problem comes more from the fact that people are hitting up level 40 in 2 weeks, which would have been unthinkable in the good old days.

I leave because ...

- Lineage 2 was a real hardcore game where everything depended on your player skills and the time you spent playing, nothing to do with today's classic pseudo version that comes much closer to the P2W of GoD that results of the supposed F2P version that comes with an insidious cash shop. In my memories of L2 classic, everyone received the same experience per mob, had the same chance to drop, etc .... Now everything depends on how much you pay (VIP, Packs, cash shop, etc ...). It is precisely for this major reason that I stopped playing L2 in the past. I was hoping naively that it would be different with a classic version, but we can all be wrong as they say ... And please do not tell me that someone who receives nearly double XP per mob, not counting the drops, damages, and other bonuses are not like P2W. Can you please keep yourself a little discomfort?

-I am still trying to understand what fishing is doing in a classic version of L2, apart from encouraging bots, multibox and AFK. Probably my memory plays tricks on me, but I do not remember that we rewarded the players for being AFK, I thought it was the opposite ....

I would have liked to have a "real" classic version with subscription, as before, where everyone was on the same footing, without cash shop or other and could only rely on their players skills. While I realize that the generation of players nowadays is perhaps not as hardcore as in time and that this business model would not have fit to all, but we should have at least been able to offer us the choice, this possibility; that of having a server with sub. as in the golden age of Lineage II. I think we had the right to expect no less!

In short, I wish you all to enjoy your experience in this "new revisited version" of L2 and enjoy it, because for me, it is now impossible!

one more soon ... 

Im sorry you feel that way about the game and how it was back in the day :/.But i still believe they did good and opened a classic server,for people like us whom were young back in the day and could only afford a illegal server pride,thats a first classic experience for me and for the first time in 10 years i enjoy l2 so much.

I can point another reason why my friends will leave and probably me eventually when I can't find good reason to continue my VIP status. It is insane to wait 4+ hours in queue to be able to play and it is insane that for almost 1 month Ncsoft did nothing to resolve this problem,  to fix their bugs (account in use when you are not obviously in the game and system error on cancel button etc.) VIP status should NOT EVER be a privilege to play the game in the first place! You should have 1 queue for all players regarding if they pay or not. 

Instead of reducing boxing to maximum 2 per PC or second box only if you are VIP,  now we have 3 accounts *N PCs in 1 house. AFK shops in each town - huge lag! AFK fishing and the biggest Ncfail - the new event - log boxes for AFK buff to get reward..

Any comments Juji?

@Juji @Hime

On 10/27/2018 at 2:22 AM, rangomal said:

Im sorry you feel that way about the game and how it was back in the day :/.But i still believe they did good and opened a classic server,for people like us whom were young back in the day and could only afford a illegal server pride,thats a first classic experience for me and for the first time in 10 years i enjoy l2 so much.

There're already free illegal classic servers with better rates and security against bots than here. Where admins really care about community because they bring them money. European classic f2p servers. 
when they ban bots they really do but not lie like this gaming company

4 minutes ago, vasidi2 said:

I can point another reason why my friends will leave and probably me eventually when I can't find good reason to continue my VIP status. It is insane to wait 4+ hours in queue to be able to play and it is insane that for almost 1 month Ncsoft did nothing to resolve this problem,  to fix their bugs (account in use when you are not obviously in the game and system error on cancel button etc.) VIP status should NOT EVER be a privilege to play the game in the first place! You should have 1 queue for all players regarding if they pay or not. 

Instead of reducing boxing to maximum 2 per PC or second box only if you are VIP,  now we have 3 accounts *N PCs in 1 house. AFK shops in each town - huge lag! AFK fishing and the biggest Ncfail - the new event - log boxes for AFK buff to get reward..

Any comments Juji?

@Juji @Hime

4h with VIP? cool story bro, you should really leave server then :D

1 minute ago, Grievozs said:

4h with VIP? cool story bro, you should really leave server then :D

I have 3 theories for Trolls like you.

1. You are RMT 

2. You are stuped kid who does not have personal life and increase his parents electricity bills. 

3. Simple Troll.

Goodbye.

Oh yes i remember the old days i was paying subscr. for 3 acc back then. But i also remember that the game was pay to win as it is now the difference is you had to buy adena or gear with real money from other players or sites. Now you can buy thinks from l2store and sell them for adena or w/e.So stop use that,( the game is ptw now) cuz always was.The only think i wish them to fix is the spoil rate its really lame if the dont then spoil class is useless and better delete it. Btw the game was DEAD before free to play so its not the right solution to the problem.

1 minute ago, Oldgamer said:

Oh yes i remember the old days i was paying subscr. for 3 acc back then. But i also remember that the game was pay to win as it is now the difference is you had to buy adena or gear with real money from other players or sites. Now you can buy thinks from l2store and sell them for adena or w/e.So stop use that,( the game is ptw now) cuz always was.The only think i wish them to fix is the spoil rate its really lame if the dont then spoil class is useless and better delete it. Btw the game was DEAD before free to play so its not the right solution to the problem.

RMT is +- ok because you need to put an effort to get what you want to sell, it keeps live population, it keeps competition, it's not an easy thing to RMT when you need to upgrade gear too. What's not ok is cheating (Bots) that gives a struggle for live players, that gives you less mobs, less experience, less communication around and shit tone of RMT. You can't kill them because once you do, you're screwed for -4% each count of pk. 

What's more not ok is to lie to people about your actions. Bot report button, bot report tickets are bleepin useless as they don't ban, they tell you they did but once you PM bot after they told you that sweet lie, you realise where the bleep you're playing and putting those money.

48 minutes ago, geba89 said:

Who cares?

Maybe you stopped playing because game is to hard for you?

Hard? dont make me laugh. this version is far from hard. in some hours you will be lvl 20 thats far from hard.

I would have liked the REAL c1 without l2 store. but thats hard to find

They just milking dying cow, what u ppl dont undestand here. It is obvs that they wont listen to the minority on the forum, cuz majority of players are ppl that dont even check forum. 

To be honest people. Respect urself. They simply lie to ur face, spit on u and tell u its raining. 

2 hours ago, vasidi2 said:

I have 3 theories for Trolls like you.

1. You are RMT 

2. You are stuped kid who does not have personal life and increase his parents electricity bills. 

3. Simple Troll.

Goodbye.

He is calling you out as a lier. Really he beat me to it. There is no 4 hour que for VIP. ?

4 hours ago, kupuldog said:

There're already free private classic servers with better rates and security against bots than here. Where admins really care about community because they bring them money. European classic f2p servers. 
when they ban bots they really do but not lie like this gaming company

It boggles my mind really, how come Classic Club can survive on zero P2W for 3 years already while NCwest already starts buffing the L2store a month after release? It's ridiculous, on chronicle where levels are everything they make people pay where it hurts the most, the XP runes, VIP and XP scrolls... Just sell armors/weapons instead, it would be much less P2W.

1 hour ago, Scion said:

if this game is to hard for you and you think its p2w , leave and go play league of legends , every privateserver is more p2w then this LOL

Well, Classic Club isn't - you won't find any XP/SP runes/scrolls/vip's in pay store there. And levels are the most important thing on this chronicle so it makes the P2W twice as hurtful here.

35 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

He is calling you out as a lier. Really he beat me to it. There is no 4 hour que for VIP. ?

Guys seriously - learn to READ! I'm VIP 1  on my main account and I have no problems to log (max 40 ppl in queue that count down fast) and my friends are NOT VIP. My husband is not VIP and cannot log in normal play time. At the moment I'm making some screens that I will post later - 3.5 hours ago with my NO VIP second account the queue was 920 ppl. Now is 679. Probably my account will not log until midnight. This game is PAY to PLAY.

3 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

Well, Classic Club isn't - you won't find any XP/SP runes/scrolls/vip's in pay store there. And levels are the most important thing on this chronicle so it makes the P2W twice as hurtful here.

But Classic Club does have an auction house where you can buy weapons and armor with real world money, CoL, paid for with real world money and can be converted in to adena in game.

But they don't have a huge problem with botting and the game is fairly balanced in terms of leveling and adena acquired.

Archived