The reasons why I stop playing Lineage II

RebelRF

6 hours ago, Karnz said:

But Classic Club does have an auction house where you can buy weapons and armor with real world money, CoL, paid for with real world money and can be converted in to adena in game.

But they don't have a huge problem with botting and the game is fairly balanced in terms of leveling and adena acquired.

Indeed but then again, all these things are acquire-able through RMT anyway, so it's hard to count it as a P2W above what's available everywhere... What RMT can't sell you is exp, which is why selling all these XP boosts a pure P2W on this extremelly level-dependent chronicle.

On 10/27/2018 at 12:25 PM, vasidi2 said:

I can point another reason why my friends will leave and probably me eventually when I can't find good reason to continue my VIP status. It is insane to wait 4+ hours in queue to be able to play and it is insane that for almost 1 month Ncsoft did nothing to resolve this problem,  to fix their bugs (account in use when you are not obviously in the game and system error on cancel button etc.) VIP status should NOT EVER be a privilege to play the game in the first place! You should have 1 queue for all players regarding if they pay or not. 

Instead of reducing boxing to maximum 2 per PC or second box only if you are VIP,  now we have 3 accounts *N PCs in 1 house. AFK shops in each town - huge lag! AFK fishing and the biggest Ncfail - the new event - log boxes for AFK buff to get reward..

Any comments Juji?

@Juji @Hime

So.. as I promised:

No VIP account, queue was 920 ppl around 12:30 PM (don't have photo)

Next check on 845:  https://imgur.com/a/OsnYSe1

On 500: https://imgur.com/a/yAxqmMG  - the time is 8:34 PM already.

And the END : https://imgur.com/a/UrdtHBY - 11:44 PM - bed time. - more than 11 hours! This is not only weekend problem - it's EVERY DAY BRO.

Same time - VIP account queue 500 ppl - less than 1 hour.

What the hell NCSoft? Pay to Play? Such a good project and such a big FAIL from your side. Being VIP should NOT be privilege for logging in the game ever! 

And I really don't understand why you're opening servers for NA time knowing that big percentage of your customers are from Europe and Americans prefers even European time servers because people actually do speak English there.. 

The truth is that no matter how many servers you've open you will never resolve the problem with the population and the big and slow queues unless you actually start fixing queue bugs like this one: https://imgur.com/a/vA7VjfW when you cancel the queue and then try to log again . And also who was the "super smart" guy from your company who decided to make unlimited the time on the screen for character choosing and pin entering?

AFK event when you have such huge problems for logging was pretty bad decision.. Triple boxing - the worst ever! Make it single box and second box only if you pay. Because even if you open 10 more servers - they will be pretty much fast full of bots and adena sellers...

I hope you will read this and take at least a small part of this into consideration @Juji

I would have liked to have a "real" classic version with subscription, as before, where everyone was on the same footing, without cash shop or other and could only rely on their players skills

I along with a whole lot of other people multiboxed in the subscription era. I paid for four copies of the game and was quad boxing during the sub era. Boxing was extremely common in retail as far back as 2004.

Lineage 2 was a real hardcore game where everything depended on your player skills and the time you spent playing,

Not really. The high level "skilled" players used scripts for days. Almost all used bots and a lot of them used RMT. PVP scripters were a common complaint back in the day (auto pot/target/map hax/etc).

The problem comes more from the fact that people are hitting up level 40 in 2 weeks, which would have been unthinkable in the good old days.

No it wasn't unthinkable. I made it into the 30s with no clue what I was doing during the few weeks of closed beta I played and I wasn't even being hardcore or using a bot. It cannot be understated how many "legit" players secretly botted in the dark corners of the game. I do concede that more people know how to level efficiently these days when compared to the old days. That has nothing to do with the game and everything to do with more of the playerbase knowing what to do.

Having said that the drop rates are still lower than I experienced in the early days and the bot situation is ridiculous still.

EDIT :

It is insane to wait 4+ hours in queue to be able to play and it is insane that for almost 1 month Ncsoft did nothing to resolve this problem,  t

You're insane for not taking the hint and moving servers. The newer servers have little to no queue even for non vip.

Instead of reducing boxing to maximum 2 per PC or second box only if you are VIP,

You're displaying a shocking lack of knowledge about computers and software...

Look man the servers have to be paid for somehow and if you're too cheap to pay 5 bucks for 5 months of vip access then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's kind of funny you're ranting about boxers when I'm paying money for each box and you refuse to pay money for one.

14 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

EDIT :

Look man the servers have to be paid for somehow and if you're too cheap to pay 5 bucks for 5 months of vip access then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It's kind of funny you're ranting about boxers when I'm paying money for each box and you refuse to pay money for one.

Look, it's not about paying 5$. I already have my 2 accounts VIP from week 1 - my friends - don't! The way you think is sooooo wrong! The FACT that the game is advertised to be Free to Play and at the moment is the opposite is wrong on soo many levels! My problem is that this way NCsoft BLACKMAILS people to PAY in order to LOG. If you think this is normal - than you are brainwashed.

9 minutes ago, vasidi2 said:

Look, it's not about paying 5$. I already have my 2 accounts VIP from week 1 - my friends - don't! The way you think is sooooo wrong! The FACT that the game is advertised to be Free to Play and at the moment is the opposite is wrong on soo many levels! My problem is that this way NCsoft BLACKMAILS people to PAY in order to LOG. If you think this is normal - than you are brainwashed.

Yes and it is free to play. If you want vip q then you have to pay for it. If your "friends' cannot afford $5 maybe you can spot them.

Or

You could just join one of the newer servers that don't have a Q. Your friends would like it better there as they won't be nearly as far behind in comparison to the older servers.

Personally I think paying for a service that I enjoy is normal but hey it takes all kinds I guess..

17 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Shocking lack of knowledge? :D I'm a software developer smart ass. Please refresh my memory and tell me how fast the new servers became Heavy. And why the hell i will move to -5 server when is far from my time zone +1? And please do tell me genius  if all people pay and decide to become VIP - what you think will happen with the VIP queue? Today was 800 ppl in VIP queue. How long you think it will take to be impossible to log with VIP? No don't say anything - you just think as a regular consumer..

Just now, vasidi2 said:

Shocking lack of knowledge? :D I'm a software developer smart ass. Please refresh my memory and tell me how fast the new servers became Heavy. And why the hell i will move to -5 server when is far from my time zone +1? And please do tell me genius  if all people pay and decide to become VIP - what you think will happen with the VIP queue? Today was 800 ppl in VIP queue. How long you think it will take to be impossible to log with VIP? No don't say anything - you just think as a regular consumer..

Then you should know that IP and mac related stuff is easy to spoof and the client limit is also easy to bypass. You should also know that boxes capable of playing lineage 2 are extremely cheap. I built 2 out of spare parts leftover from upgrades on my main computer. I did opt to buy two q6600 CPUs off ebay for $10 each shipped because the e7200 and e4400 (also ebay $10 cpu) were not enough for my multiboxing ways.

Well an intelligent person would move to avoid the Q and all the rage you're exhibiting as a result. As I stated earlier your friends would prefer the newer servers as the population isn't nearly as far along. That gives you and your friends the chance to setup you're own CPs and such.

I'm playing on a weird ass time zone because when I started the server I wanted had a queue already and I was smart enough to move to a newer server to avoid said queue. Although now my server has a queue but it's not a big deal I only very rarely see it as my play time starts during offpeak hours for the server.

Your VIP comment will never happen.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, kupuldog said:

I'm wondering why did they lied to me that they banned bots when they actually did nothing :S

Well, they lie every day. It took them 3 weeks until they finally said that we will have different rates then EU/RU and that NA is now part of the Asia family when it comes to rates, along with Taiwan, Korea and Japan.

4 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Then you should know that IP and mac related stuff is easy to spoof and the client limit is also easy to bypass. You should also know that boxes capable of playing lineage 2 are extremely cheap. I built 2 out of spare parts leftover from upgrades on my main computer. I did opt to buy two q6600 CPUs off ebay for $10 each shipped because the e7200 and e4400 (also ebay $10 cpu) were not enough for my multiboxing ways.

Well an intelligent person would move to avoid the Q and all the rage you're exhibiting as a result. As I stated earlier your friends would prefer the newer servers as the population isn't nearly as far along. That gives you and your friends the chance to setup you're own CPs and such.

I'm playing on a weird ass time zone because when I started the server I wanted had a queue already and I was smart enough to move to a newer server to avoid said queue. Although now my server has a queue but it's not a big deal I only very rarely see it as my play time starts during offpeak hours for the server.

Your VIP comment will never happen.

Be careful, you are discussing illegal actions in the forum :)  

So you describe one very Dark Future of Classic Lineage 2 - servers full of boxes, afk shops, RMT and no real players because they will be tired to wait NCSoft to do anything at all...

You are 

On 10/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, RebelRF said:

This post is not to criticize or insult anyone, but I just wanted to share my experience and the reasons that push me today to stop playing L2. I speak as a player who has played for several years in this game from its birth in open beta.

I do not leave because of ....

1- Bots: They have always been part of L2 and although very little has been done to fix it, I learned to live with and I can deal with it.

2- Multiboxing: Again, an inerrant facet to L2, which is much more present now with the F2P, but still I can deal with it ....

3- Drops / Adenas .... Frankly, I experienced worse when the game was born ... We did not do easy 150k a day with a quest to pick up top NG in 2 days. The problem comes more from the fact that people are hitting up level 40 in 2 weeks, which would have been unthinkable in the good old days.

I leave because ...

- Lineage 2 was a real hardcore game where everything depended on your player skills and the time you spent playing, nothing to do with today's classic pseudo version that comes much closer to the P2W of GoD that results of the supposed F2P version that comes with an insidious cash shop. In my memories of L2 classic, everyone received the same experience per mob, had the same chance to drop, etc .... Now everything depends on how much you pay (VIP, Packs, cash shop, etc ...). It is precisely for this major reason that I stopped playing L2 in the past. I was hoping naively that it would be different with a classic version, but we can all be wrong as they say ... And please do not tell me that someone who receives nearly double XP per mob, not counting the drops, damages, and other bonuses are not like P2W. Can you please keep yourself a little discomfort?

-I am still trying to understand what fishing is doing in a classic version of L2, apart from encouraging bots, multibox and AFK. Probably my memory plays tricks on me, but I do not remember that we rewarded the players for being AFK, I thought it was the opposite ....

I would have liked to have a "real" classic version with subscription, as before, where everyone was on the same footing, without cash shop or other and could only rely on their players skills. While I realize that the generation of players nowadays is perhaps not as hardcore as in time and that this business model would not have fit to all, but we should have at least been able to offer us the choice, this possibility; that of having a server with sub. as in the golden age of Lineage II. I think we had the right to expect no less!

In short, I wish you all to enjoy your experience in this "new revisited version" of L2 and enjoy it, because for me, it is now impossible!

I agree with a lot of what you see saying here. There are plenty of illegal servers that offer the 1x experience for L2. I hoped this would simply be a re-release of the game, but it's not. 

It does seem that ncsofts trying to do too much but I'm loving the game. They have made a few changes to skills and classes to make itninteresting.

It's not exactly as the game was 14 years ago, but this is a different market.

The most frustrating aspects for me are the people playing. Since its "free to play" (technically) we are being subject to everyone with an internet connection. 

There is a reason illegal servers die quickly. I hope NC soft doesn't make this any easier because right now it is a stroll in the park with all the free gear and XP.

On 26/10/2018 at 11:10 PM, RebelRF said:

This post is not to criticize or insult anyone, but I just wanted to share my experience and the reasons that push me today to stop playing L2. I speak as a player who has played for several years in this game from its birth in open beta.

I do not leave because of ....

1- Bots: They have always been part of L2 and although very little has been done to fix it, I learned to live with and I can deal with it.

2- Multiboxing: Again, an inerrant facet to L2, which is much more present now with the F2P, but still I can deal with it ....

3- Drops / Adenas .... Frankly, I experienced worse when the game was born ... We did not do easy 150k a day with a quest to pick up top NG in 2 days. The problem comes more from the fact that people are hitting up level 40 in 2 weeks, which would have been unthinkable in the good old days.

I leave because ...

- Lineage 2 was a real hardcore game where everything depended on your player skills and the time you spent playing, nothing to do with today's classic pseudo version that comes much closer to the P2W of GoD that results of the supposed F2P version that comes with an insidious cash shop. In my memories of L2 classic, everyone received the same experience per mob, had the same chance to drop, etc .... Now everything depends on how much you pay (VIP, Packs, cash shop, etc ...). It is precisely for this major reason that I stopped playing L2 in the past. I was hoping naively that it would be different with a classic version, but we can all be wrong as they say ... And please do not tell me that someone who receives nearly double XP per mob, not counting the drops, damages, and other bonuses are not like P2W. Can you please keep yourself a little discomfort?

-I am still trying to understand what fishing is doing in a classic version of L2, apart from encouraging bots, multibox and AFK. Probably my memory plays tricks on me, but I do not remember that we rewarded the players for being AFK, I thought it was the opposite ....

I would have liked to have a "real" classic version with subscription, as before, where everyone was on the same footing, without cash shop or other and could only rely on their players skills. While I realize that the generation of players nowadays is perhaps not as hardcore as in time and that this business model would not have fit to all, but we should have at least been able to offer us the choice, this possibility; that of having a server with sub. as in the golden age of Lineage II. I think we had the right to expect no less!

In short, I wish you all to enjoy your experience in this "new revisited version" of L2 and enjoy it, because for me, it is now impossible!

Is the crude reality of all MMRPG this days, include L2 in the past and now too see the last products of NCSoft L2 Revolution and Classic.

I share your vision as the old hardcorde L2.

I do not disagree with payment as long as these are only appearances or attachments that do not grant advantages in the game such as exp sp drop spoil ecc, I also agree with the priority in the connection queues but not in the bonuses that enhance the farm vip, but the only way that the vip bonus is not lost is that all members of the party have the same value vip, because it levels down and that cancels the mixed partys of vips with no vips, for example if you have 1 or 2 vip4 and 7 not vip this level down and in the first case the vip4 is divided by 9 so the only way to keep your own vip is do party with people of your same level vip or keep you alone.

if at least the full vip 4 bonus was maintained for the whole party with the lasthit to all the mobs of the one who owns it that would level the bonus more

the worst I have with VIP 1 was 110 players queue. But my friend yesterday with VIP 1 had 700 players in queue lol. But I got to say that "VIP QUEUE" moves a lot faster than the normal one... ( maybe its my impression )

but I keep getting these messages: "You have been playing for 110hours, how about taking a break?" my answer? "Nah, Ill skip queue."

• Hime locked this topic

Archived