How to make the game less P2W but keep the profits

Simple answer: switch the XP runes/buffs/vip's etc. for 'physical' items, for example 7-day/30-day weapons armor.

The reasons are simple:

1) On this chronicle, levels are everything, and being able to stack up double exp for dollars completely murders the principle of the game.

2) You can buy 'physical' items from RMT, but you can't buy exp. So in the end, if you switch to 'physical' L2store, you'reonly going to get money to your pockets instead of Russian's :) 

Also another possibility would be to have auction store like on l2classic.club - people can buy or sell some items for $ between each other, and can eventually withdraw the money they earn this way. The ammount of 'P2W' remains the same, just less money goes to RMT and people are more motivated to play because they know they can get some $ back for the time they've spent in the game if they decide to quit/take a break :) 

• Amraith changed the title to How to make the game less P2W but keep the profits

Small boosts are fine but I would say 50% drop is stupid. Without VIP I feel that some greasy hands have touched drop rates for f2p players. Shots to D-grade I guess are fine. Some useful consumables are fine too.
If people couldn't abuse mounts then they could add that. Like there are things they could add without making anyone a bit nervous. Still NcSoft is another company that doesn't understand that best way to get into someones pocket is to be nice instead they milk money for that golden hour until people abandon the ship. Like why is it so hard to understand that a happy player is a spending player.

6 hours ago, spoobg said:

Switching one Pay To Win(Soulshots, XP etc) with another Pay To Win(Items).

Well, logic!

Did you read my whole post? I already adressed that issue - you get to buy items from RMT resellers anyway, you can't buy XP, that's why the XP is pay to win.

6 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

You mean pay to progress faster.

I've played Classic for several years before coming here, you only think gear is more important than levels because everyone is low, but once people start hitting those 60+ you'll realize that it's only the levels that matter on this chronicle. For example, a level 75 necro with karmian and homu +0 will beat necro 70 with BW and homu+10 around 98 out of 100 times. I don't blame you for not knowing since you probably didn't have opportunity to experience it, but that's how this chronicle works.

And because of that, it's the purest form of pay to win. The 'just can play 10 hours instead of 5 hours so it's not P2W' logic doesn't work. This way you couldn't even call enchanted full items in store P2W because you can acquire those by simply farming for longer than others. Even the real world is basically a marxist dream because everyone is equeal already, there's no difference between inheriting 100 million dollars from your parents and working your butt off in 7/11 for 5 lifetimes because you can get it eventually, just the progress is faster on one side.

5 hours ago, Scion said:

this would make it p2w , atm its not  , lvl's are easy here , its all about the gear 

Adressed above - first few months PvE, yes.

Once people start PvPing - no. 

5 hours ago, tpwnz said:

jesus christ we can see who came from illegal servers

Yeah because we actually know how the game works after you finish hardcore farm in Abandoned Camp :D 

7 hours ago, Lightkeeper said:

Also another possibility would be to have auction store like on l2classic.club - people can buy or sell some items for $ between each other, and can eventually withdraw the money they earn this way. The ammount of 'P2W' remains the same, just less money goes to RMT and people are more motivated to play because they know they can get some $ back for the time they've spent in the game if they decide to quit/take a break :) 

L2classic is a definition of p2w!!!!!you clearly have no clue what you talking about.... why creating same server like l2club>????? and l2club last time i checked (month ago) was dead!!800 shops and 300 online...

Stupidest thing you could say...(i hope)

56 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

I've played Classic for several years before coming here, you only think gear is more important than levels because everyone is low, but once people start hitting those 60+ you'll realize that it's only the levels that matter on this chronicle. For example, a level 75 necro with karmian and homu +0 will beat necro 70 with BW and homu+10 around 98 out of 100 times. I don't blame you for not knowing since you probably didn't have opportunity to experience it, but that's how this chronicle works.

Apparently looks like you havent played on classic lol...levels are only makes your skills stronger....WOW you are getting +1 stat each level!!!!WOW level is everything!!!!lol hilarious!!!

10 hours ago, lakirojunl said:

L2classic is a definition of p2w!!!!!you clearly have no clue what you talking about.... why creating same server like l2club>????? and l2club last time i checked (month ago) was dead!!800 shops and 300 online...

Stupidest thing you could say...(i hope)

When did you check? Because I actually checked this week and it obviously had 1 - 2k on

10 hours ago, lakirojunl said:

Apparently looks like you havent played on classic lol...levels are only makes your skills stronger....WOW you are getting +1 stat each level!!!!WOW level is everything!!!!lol hilarious!!!

Well you've just shown that your knowledge of Classic chronicle is close to zero and thus your opinion on this matter is irrelevant - the reason why levels are infinitely more important than gear on this chronicle are not the stats, but the debuff landrates. But don't worry, you'll figure out once you start PvPing the hardcore spenders ;) 

Not gonna happen. It would tarnish their image substantially (even tho official is worse).

Best thing they could do imo, is offer 30 day exp runes, instead of 7 day.

Make them 1600 nccoin ($20).

You would end up with a large amount of players having them as opposed to a small amount that actually buy the current 7day runes 4+ times per month at 1700 nccoin each ($80+ per month).

Archived