Teleport cost problems!

Jorep

21 hours ago, Lawman said:

The comments here are correct. Back in the day I hated spending money so I ran everywhere. But somewhere in here the point of the game is getting lost. It is a GAME. The point of a game is to have fun. Is running from Gludio to Giran fun?  It wasn’t and isn’t for me. None of the comments above mentions fun. If you hardcore guys have fun running instead of teleporting, hunting without soul shots, etc. then more power to you. I wonder, though, if there are enough people who feel that way to keep a server going long term. Are you hardcore folks really opposed to anything that would make the game more fun for more people just because it would also make it easier?

yes for me is fun.

if i want party matching tools to find party and enter dungeon at once without go out of town i would have played wow. In wow you dont have to go out of town at all so yes i am having fun here that i need to walk to go somewhere

10 hours ago, VincentColpa said:

teleports always have been payed... its luxury and its not fun to run. if you are poor you have to play the not fun side :P l2 at his best, this is one thing that have not been removed and I would like to have it from level 1....

it changes for example the market COMPLETELY if teleports are payed from level 1 and experienced players know why

and when you moved from TI to Gludin it was a huge accomplish... oh I remember those days...

lol, I remember the first time I got off of TI.  I took the boat, because I couldn't afford the teleport.  The boat capsized (due to a bug in the game I suppose) and I darn near drowned.  And I remember being awestruck when I got to Gludin.  It was supposed to be a minor village but to me it was awesome.  The only other town that gave me that reaction (a bit later on) was Aden.  

Yes, it changes the game, taking one element of challenge out of it.  But, as you yourself say, it adds an element that is not fun.  That's especially true now, given the low adena rates at 40+, just when they start charging for teleports.  

I also remember the level 40 promotion quests took three times as long because of all the running they required.  As far as I was concerned, that was purely wasted time.  Back then I worked for a living and didn't have the time to play I do now that I'm retired.  Obviously, it didn't take all the fun out of the game for me.  I'm still playing 15 years later, addicted.  But, at least until they straighten out the adena for 40+ I'd like to see teleports cheaper or free.  "If you are poor you have to play the not fun side" actually is a pretty good argument, better than it sounds, unless the "not fun" parts become so great that most people will conclude they aren't worth the fun parts and quit.  It seems the hardcores are fine with that.  Lord knows I've see enough posts by hardcores saying, in effect, "if you don't like it, leave."  But I don't think that is healthy for the game. long term.  Just my opinion. 

7 hours ago, existenz said:

yes for me is fun.

if i want party matching tools to find party and enter dungeon at once without go out of town i would have played wow. In wow you dont have to go out of town at all so yes i am having fun here that i need to walk to go somewhere

I respect that.  I don't quite understand how it is relevant, since in Classic you must spend tons of time outside of town whether or not the teleports are free.  But, hey, if you enjoy running, have fun.

The mule is the best approach,  Everyone else is right I played Prelude to C4. We ran everywhere.  I remember waiting for the boat in TI all the time.  No way I was spending Adena on a port, when you can do Guild admin, sell in shout while you run.  Maximize your time.  

I'm 41+ and been running since I hit 41.  I'll be damned If I give those GK's any of my hard earned Adena (Unless its needed for Guild PvP).

D, 

Archived