Necro x sorc x warlock for HE?? - total newbie

KarlosZX

Hi :)

First, sorry for my bad english

So, Me and my girlfriend have started to play L2 classic (she is newbie in playing PC games, never played RPG before). I have played L2 few years (10) ago, and "classic" is reason, why i come back. 

I have started HE (i love bows :) ) and my GF started human wizard. We also started 2 support/box - PP and BD

We are lvl 18 now, but i want to ask you, which class should my GF pick. 

We are going to play only on weekend, so big clan, mass pvp etc isnt much important for us. Most of the time, we will farm on our own/ or sometimes rondom party.

my opinion - Warlock is good for "tank" pet and less dependent on gear, and PP and BD are good for p.attack. Sorc will do more dmg, but will be permanent out of mana. Necro has "pet" and good dmg skills, but also mana expensive skills or adena expensive skills

otherwise, she enjoy playing L2 really much. Learn quickly :)

thank you for your advices.

With the classes you've picked I think only Warlock synergies somewhat OK with an archer. And the supports are nice for a "fighter" party. She would go in melee with the summon and you will provide ranged dps. Both Sors and Necro will struggle with this setup.

I would personally stay away from Warlock until/unless they fix the price of Beast SS.  Without Beast SS, the Kats don't hit very hard, and from my experience so far, are unable to hold aggro at all.  You would start with Kat attacking, then as soon as your archer fired a shot, the aggro would switch to the archer, and the Kat would just be chasing then hitting it lightly or not at all if you are kiting.    Sorc would probably be the best, as both of you could hit hard from a distance. 

She likes the wizard.... so sorc should be ok.... but as Tyreese mentioned,... full fighter should be better (PP+BD).... i think i will try to persuade her for fighter - DA. I have played this char in the past...DA was awsome. BUT think, it wil be harder to play, (panther, stun, agression, fear, etc) 

Thx for advices :) 

Playing an archer and a melee will be very inconvenient for the melee class. Especially with the BD+PP buffs, the mobs will be running after the archer, and the melee will be running after the mobs.

Aggro and stun may help a little, but it's still not for a novice.

If you want your GF to play a melee class (especially a tank), maybe you could switch to a dagger instead.

I would try to persuade her to change to SWS, if you think about it... she may like the char looks :P but actually, SWS can wear a bow and it is very convenient to have a SWS alongside a BD and PP, so she will be more ok to play with something that... 1 can keep up with you, you can be the MA and she just assist, also SWS is good tank and songs on top of all that, feels like the best choice, making a Sorc or Necro without Empo and Recharge is a nono, I'm playing Human Wizz for later Necro but I wouldn't even think about playing without Shillen Elder, its even hard for me just to go PP and SE I'm used to play with PP, SE, EE and BD, but anyways, a Caster without SE is no good, if you wanna go that way you should change the dual box config, go PP and SE and forget about the BD unless she changes to SWS.

Now if you change the dual box setup and change the BD to SE then... a Sorc or Necro with PP and SE may be faster killer than a HE, so you, in that case, will be at a bad place, while if she goes for Warlock well... Warlock is not an easy or for what it matters a cheap class, but at least you can play all the time without the need of recharge wich is good and you dont have to change the dual box setup. But I really really would try to make her change to SWS... or you could change to use the BD with dual Sabers and a good Bow and make a SE support... in that case she can be Sorc or Necro and have everything she could need, recharge, acu, empo and dances, everything, and you still can use a bow but ofc is not the same.

Thats are just my recommendations.

BTW what is your mother tongue? mine is Spanish if you need something you can pm me in-game "Hexploder

Best regards!

There is a reason why people don't mix archers, mages and meeles in parties. Well, not people who know what they're doing. Party and buff synergy is one of the most important things in L2. If you want to enjoy playing together, then you should both play mages, archers or meeles.

If you go with archer and mage with the pp and bd box, the mage will be constantly out of mana and she will have a shitty experience.

If you change the bd to se or ee, then you will be in a really bad spot with the archer later on, as archers are the single most buff and gear dependant classes in the game, so a hawkeye with only pp buffs without top gear will be really weak. Maybe bd and se could work if you can get haste from fishing (not sure if it's a thing or not, didn't really bother with fishing buffs).

If you go with he and meele, and warlock kind of counts as meele in this case, at least for higher level grinding, then the meele will just keep running after the mobs that chase you and it won't really be a good experience for her.

L2 is very party composition dependent, so you won't find much success if you don't pick synergystic characters. Not in the long run anyway.

Ok. So she will start new char (18 lvl is not so much to start.new one) - I know, that melee might be bad idea. But what about that DA?? Agression, hamstring, horror, shield stun? And panther will do some nice dmg too (pp+bd) - mobs won't run away that often.

Of course - if it will be DA, it could.be hard for her to do all that things right.

Or, both archers. But  I think, we will kill each other, when some nice bow will drop :-D

8 minutes ago, KarlosZX said:

Ok. So she will start new char (18 lvl is not so much to start.new one) - I know, that melee might be bad idea. But what about that DA?? Agression, hamstring, horror, shield stun? And panther will do some nice dmg too (pp+bd) - mobs won't run away that often.

Of course - if it will be DA, it could.be hard for her to do all that things right.

Or, both archers. But  I think, we will kill each other, when some nice bow will drop :-D

The problem is, that if you are properly equipped and you have bd+pp buffs as an archer, you will kill mobs faster than she can get to them, unless you're trying to punch way higher than you should be.

DA is awesome if she plans on farming Oly and pvping a lot. Tanks are also needed for raids and mass pvp, but unless she plans on taking part in these activities, I don't see the point in playing a tank at all, especially not in duo. Maybe if you were playing a Tyrant or a Destro, but definitely not with a ranged character.

Maybe an SK would be somewhat better, but she would be basically a Hex bot with that too.

One thing similar to the SK route would be if se played the BD as an active character. She would fill the same role as the SK does, so basically a Hex bot, on top of the dances, but you could box an SWS instead of the bd, and the Hunter song would help a lot.

With all that said, if I were to play in duo and 2 box supports with an archer, I'd definitely pick another archer as my character.

2 hours ago, KarlosZX said:

Ok guys... final question. Does making 3rd support/box - SWS - worth it, if both will be archer?? IS PP + BD enough?? 

SWS will be an amazing add but... As I said before it may be best if she makes SWS and uses a Bow, this is for various reasons, 1 you will have less chars in party, so more exp, so less stress, a person that didnt played L2 before hand and play Classic.... x1 rates... will get very very burn out at lvl 28+ and more if you play with 5 in party and cant manage to AOE, now SWS is a very wanted profesion, and a very versitile one, if you have in mind that at lvl 49 you will have Hunter's Song and already at lvl 40 the BD will have Dance of Fire both with bows will have a pretty powerfull combo, and if you go in party and you need a tank she can uses a shield and a sword and pull enemies with Song of Wind. On top of all that, SWS will be always needed in any party so she can go play with any party if she plays alone and if you play alone you can use her songs in the other PC (supposing you live together ofc xP). And on top of all that, yeah a Prophet have heal but.... maybe the SWS heal tend to be better later on. The only bad thing about this idea is that she have to really learn to do some of this stuff like pulling enemies and stuff like that but anyways, everything can be learned. Also have in mind that from lvl 20 to 40 she will be Elven Knight, wich mean she is the best tank out there on those lvls, and if she likes it she could go TK the best tank in the game currently if im not mistaken, and it is still worth it for you as she will be a perfect crowd control for a HE and you will be able to go farm mobs with x2 hps and stuff like that.

Archived