Do DA's have any difficulty finding parties?

Kyl

I made a Human Knight, however I am seeing a lot of Human Knights on the server.

Wondering if DA's will have difficulty finding parties to level with later on?

I was thinking of maining an SwS instead, and wondering if that would be a better option? Or if DA's can find parties quite easily even though there are a lot of them?

I just want to play something that is easy to find groups and level with, I also will be leveling a PP. I don't care about being able to 1v1 everybody. Just don't want to struggle finding groups. Not sure though if active SwS are even desired or if people just box them.

Thanks!

On 2018. 10. 29. at 7:38 PM, Kyl said:

I made a Human Knight, however I am seeing a lot of Human Knights on the server.

Wondering if DA's will have difficulty finding parties to level with later on?

I was thinking of maining an SwS instead, and wondering if that would be a better option? Or if DA's can find parties quite easily even though there are a lot of them?

I just want to play something that is easy to find groups and level with, I also will be leveling a PP. I don't care about being able to 1v1 everybody. Just don't want to struggle finding groups. Not sure though if active SwS are even desired or if people just box them.

Thanks!

See, the problem is, that many people will go on about how strong DA is. Which is true, but they leave out the context.

Reality is, DAs, and tanks in general, are not needed in random parties. Bringing a tank in a party that kills mobs one by one doesn't make any sense whatsoever, and the role of a tank can be filled with various other characters that you will bring to aoe anyway (bd, sws, warlord, overlord or some combination of those, depending on the situation), so you are better off bringing another DD instead.

Tanks are needed for raids and they are really useful in organized mass pvp, but you don't have to worry about either of those as a solo player. The only reason you should pick DA without an organized CP/clan is to farm oly. If you don't plan on that, then yes, you'd be better off playing SWS as a solo player.

I think SWS will fit what you want better.  A DA will be much better solo in between groups and it's not like tanks will struggle to get groups, especially early while everyone is undergeared they're even more valuable.  But DA is considered a very strong 1v1 class, which makes it very popular.

I don't think boxed SWS will be that common early on, people box a pp/wc, sometimes a bd, but unless you're boxing 3-4 chars it usually doesn't make the cut.

Archived