Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Monday, October 29, 2018

Hime

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, justanothergamer said:

Bla bla bla. A lot of ppl already told how to fix it: ban bots and auto transfer ppl on other servers for load balancing. 

Auto transfer is the worst idea ever... There are friends that play together and playing with friends is what I enjoy... 

The so called classic experience never involved spell book drop rates at 0.01%. I recall playing this game a long time and back in the day it used to take maybe 4-6 hours max for a normal spell book. Especially with the amount of peopel needing the books.

The only item i recall taking forever was the gate chant amulet in dino isle.

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

It's an on going effort. See more info to come part.

@Hime If it's an on going effort, can it be added to the list of known issues? (with spoils as well) I asked last week if it could, which would show the community that you acknowledge something is wrong and are working on it. If you aren't listing it as a known issue, it looks like it's not being looked at. 

7 minutes ago, Hime said:
  • Fixed an issue where the Lingering Halloween buff items were not deleted correctly upon use.

Why was this an emergency? I heard about 1 hour before maintenance, was not a public info, some took advantage of this and now is fixed...naiz....

1 minute ago, ScrappyDoo said:

The so called classic experience never involved spell book drop rates at 0.01%. I recall playing this game a long time and back in the day it used to take maybe 4-6 hours max for a normal spell book. Especially with the amount of peopel needing the books.

This is not classic experience. THIS IS NEW CLASSIC CLIENT VERSION. UNDERSTAND THIS FINALLY!!!

Seems like NCSoft doesnt learned anything from legacy servers, always the same problems: Bots, adena sellers, random disconnect, login issues.

Guys, seriously?

Just give to the community what they want.

BAN BOTS

BAN ADENA SELLERS

FIX RANDOM DC

MAKE TRANSFER FREE

Over 12 years on the market with the same game, over and over again the same errors...

2 minutes ago, ScrappyDoo said:

4/6 hours to farm a spellbook? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA you are hilarious dude. they are rare drops, not impossible. lots of ppl selling them. save adena and buy them or go grind till you have a book drop and sell it.

3 minutes ago, ScrappyDoo said:

There was no dino isle or gate chant amulet back when the game was hardcore...

1 minute ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

4/6 hours to farm a spellbook? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA you are hilarious dude. they are rare drops, not impossible. lots of ppl selling them. save adena and buy them or go grind till you have a book drop and sell it.

Gotta love all the trolls in forums.......

I have been farming them for over a week, many hours a day and nothing.

NCTEAM THANK YOU!!!

The fact that during the daily special hunting we are going 41 and ask other people to kill us, just because of the teleport fees, 
you saved us in a way from abandoning this canser totally
So if as you say till the end of event the adena issues will be also fixed, 
We will keep buying vip (cause till now 0 drops the +50% drop rate multiplied by 0 = 0)

4 minutes ago, LightRider said:

@Hime This is supposed to be a hardcore experience... the game consistently coddles for people who choose to rush and not take their time to make adena.

This is supposed to be a hardcore experience. @Juji

honestly dude, don't play (always wanted to say that) if it's not hardcore enough for you.

@Hime lets see VIP rates boosted so that more people will support the server and your salary/benefits :-)  Start with VIP affecting adena/spoil rate rather than just drop rates, go with 50% and see how that goes.  If not enough people buy VIP then increase that 50% to 70% or 100% or whatever %.  Keep increasing it until enough people pay for the server upkeep.  There should be no need to exceed normal (Skelth) rates, right now we are far under them.  Do this to avoid adding items to the L2 store.  We do not want that!  

Only adjusting one of them also creates economic imbalance within the game.  Adjust adena/spoil/drop rates precisely the same, either universally or VIP.

From a business perspective, free play should always push players towards becoming paying customers, if free play is sustainable indefinitely people will not push themselves to become your paying customers and will be net liabilities to you.

We don't want you guys to have to boost the L2store with game breaking items.

1 minute ago, ScrappyDoo said:

Gotta love all the trolls in forums.......

I have been farming them for over a week, many hours a day and nothing.

never ocurred to you that maybe you had bad luck? its a bummer, sorry but it happens. A player i play with on discord the other day had to go farm some mobs for his transfer quest, the first mob he killed, and im not exagerating, dropped him the spellbook death whisper. He sold it at 2kk or 1.8kk, i dont remember well the exact number

Archived