Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Monday, October 29, 2018

Hime

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hime said:
  • The respawn time for monsters in all starter zones has returned back to normal to help improve server performance.

Really guys?, ruined the only way to do adena so that we do not play 24/7, with this time of respawn it is impossible to make this quest, when it appears 1 bug there are 5 players waiting to kill it.....

https://imgur.com/tKgQ0Zh

After the maintenance, I'm experiencing serious problems with disconnections, delays, and lag. I'm pretty sure that it isn't my internet connection because I have 46,40mbps download speed/ 4,46mbps upload speed and 17ms ping. So It's definitely not my problem!! A lot of my friends are experiencing the same issues and multiple disconnections. Fix this please! @Juji @Hime

1 hour ago, LightRider said:

Been here since 2007 so I have no plans to do so. I am trying to show my displeasure as a playing customer with stating the facts.

While you are just trying to be an irritant.

Have a good day scrub.

Exactly, but that is exactly what the "hardcores" have been saying to others who are "trying to show [their] displeasure as a paying customer with stating facts."  What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander as the saying goes.

For example, you began one of your posts, "If you dont like it then just quit."  BTW, I agree with you on the merits.  Paying customers should receive preference over non-paying players.  But don't call someone an irritant and a scrub just for doing what you yourself have done.

33 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Exactly, but that is exactly what the "hardcores" have been saying to others who are "trying to show [their] displeasure as a paying customer with stating facts."  What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander as the saying goes.

For example, you began one of your posts, "If you dont like it then just quit."  BTW, I agree with you on the merits.  Paying customers should receive preference over non-paying players.  But don't call someone an irritant and a scrub just for doing what you yourself have done.

I will for sure still tell people to quit if they do not like something but only when it is obvious that they are crying about stuff that has been acknowledged that was not previously promised by NcSoft and they have already said they were focused on providing a solution then I will tell someone to quit if they do not like it.

In this case they have coddled the players who have chosen to rush to end game which is something you do not do in Korean mmo like this.

People do not like to problem solve they just want things done without needing to think. They promised a hardcore experience and that is what I am holding them to. So for someone to say "if you don't like it then quit" for something that they have promised is an irritant.

Everyone should hold NcSoft to a high standard.

3 hours ago, Hime said:
  • The respawn time for monsters in all starter zones has returned back to normal to help improve server performance.
  •  

please, keep spiders like they were before, it's pretty impossible to do that quest now and it's our only way to farm some adena.

3 hours ago, LightRider said:

I will for sure still tell people to quit if they do not like something but only when it is obvious that they are crying about stuff that has been acknowledged that was not previously promised by NcSoft and they have already said they were focused on providing a solution then I will tell someone to quit if they do not like it.

In this case they have coddled the players who have chosen to rush to end game which is something you do not do in Korean mmo like this.

People do not like to problem solve they just want things done without needing to think. They promised a hardcore experience and that is what I am holding them to. So for someone to say "if you don't like it then quit" for something that they have promised is an irritant.

Everyone should hold NcSoft to a high standard.

Thanks for responding.  That's an interesting rationale, but it's not clear what was promised.  For example, they promised 1.5, which, it's reasonable to assume, would include 1x drop/spoil/adena rates from 1.5.  Anyone who is arguing for adjustment of the rates could make the same claim you make with equal validity.

8 hours ago, Hime said:
The respawn time for monsters in all starter zones has returned back to normal to help improve server performance.

And now we have more toons than spiders, good job creating a bottleneck for newcomers, are you trying to make them quit on purpose?

If so, excellent work.

12 hours ago, Muj said:

After the maintenance, I'm experiencing serious problems with disconnections, delays, and lag. 

Just had all my characters disconnected too and this was the first time it happened. I was not afk in any of them.

Now I will only log on late afternoon if lucky on my non VIP account...

18 hours ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

Free to play is meant to be as its read, FREE to play, not a trial. Go learn some basics first.

"Free to play" meaning free trial, free to play competitively forever, or whatever, is a semantical argument about words and also unimportant is your or my opinions on it.

In practice, the business model is about converting free customers into paying customers, and retaining those paying customers in order to grow revenue and profit

So long as free players keep converting at a higher rate than paying customers quit, NC is successful.  Marketing language should be adjusted if needed.  Under the current situation, very little incentive exists to pay for VIP4 for a vast majority of players.  This model will fail.

18 hours ago, Miki said:

That actually makes a lot of sense, would be lovely to have VIP servers.

This is called a subscription model, and we would have Skelth rates.

Current rates (unadjusted, the ones from launch) are the intended rates that Japan and Taiwan currently have.  But their VIP boosts those rates to Skelth levels (350% adena/spoil/drop rate for VIP7).  The +350% essentially makes free-to-play rates = to Skelth Pay-to-Play rates.

The effect of this is that if you want to be a competitive player on those servers, you pay the "subscription" fee of VIP7.  You can play for free, but you pay for that free play with a huge handicap.  This is the model we should have taken but did not for some reason.  This makes those servers financially viable without pay-to-win L2store items.  This is good.

Low rates were completely intentional as there are only two data sets (free, and pay), though I don't think they thought it out very well or they would have changed VIP and let it be known well before launch that the game was going to be very difficult without VIP (though not impossible).

Our current version does not provide enough incentive to pay for VIP4, which means that revenue will fall short and pay-to-win items WILL hit the shop.  If you care about the server at all, actively ask NC to improve VIP.  Even if you will not pay it, you will fall even further behind if they add pay-to-win items you cannot afford, not to mention the game will be ruined.

2 hours ago, FatHips said:

In practice, the business model is about converting free customers into paying customers, and retaining those paying customers in order to grow revenue and profit.

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The system you mentioned is called FREEMIUM. 

Free to play, it's just free.

6 hours ago, Jural said:

Where are the spiders? The adena quest is now a lost time quest.

Can you share with us how you are making money, specially between 20~30?

A freemium model is where you can use free forever, but with limited access to what the service has to offer. Think about GitHub, where you can host only open source projects for free, but if you need it private, you need to pay.

It's the same here: if you want a normal exp rate, and log in, you need to pay, or else you can stay on the free tier.

Yes, that's called a FREEMIUM business model and it works on the entire software ecosystem.

12 minutes ago, Antifa said:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The system you mentioned is called FREEMIUM. 

Free to play, it's just free.

Can you share with us how you are making money, specially between 20~30?

As a dwarf spoiler with a top d weap +3 full top d elven jewels and moon armor +3, i farm everyday solo in OB (mobs drop 250-500 adena there and tons tons of materials like coals,charchoal,animal bone).I think in 2 hours i made around 90k today without any lucky drops.Yesterday in 4 hours i had 4 D grade drops (leggings,main white tunic, boots and shield) Crystallised, sold crys and made around 200k.Have in mind i dont buy ANYTHING from shop like many buy shots and crap.I buy shots from players 9 adena each.I dont have any boxes,basically i farm without buffs or heal and yes i /sit every 15 mobs.I remember i started solo farming in fellmere grounds getting 100 adena per mob and slowly climbed through.And i was with my novice back then lol.I dont think its hard to farm adena right now except 40+ where mobs are bugged and they are currently fixing it.

19 hours ago, roa800 said:

Dont fix spoil - adena ....  Ivory tower https://l2wiki.com/classic/Reinforced_Stone_Golem 

280 to 657 adena   and 1 to 9 varnish for spoil 

i spoil all golems 1 varnish and 204 adena .....  plz FIX

This is real , mobs drop/spoil quantity and chance is lower than normal rates , and its the official Lineage II Server...

It is worrying that the official game creators' servers have not leveled in a test beta all the new content of this classic version before we all went to play it.
Also that server security is not reliable to avoid the use of third-party bot programs, 
when a lot of people are investing money and time playing here.

These services are not meeting the needs of the players, it does not meet the standards in which things should be in NCsoft to allow us a proper gaming experience for all.
I hope this is solved soon

Archived