Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Monday, October 29, 2018

Hime

11 minutes ago, Antifa said:

So fellmere grounds, then Orc Barracks? Thanks, gonna try it =)

My personal route was : Spiders,Fellmere,Dion hills (x2 hp moster eyes 250-300 adena each) and then i moved into OB.Im pretty sure there are MORE locations that are worthy for farming.Im clueless for classic l2 all i knew was some illegal servers and crap.First thing i did the first days was running in EVERY map lvl15-20 to TEST the adena/exp/drops/spoil.And for me i concluded the path above for farming.I dont know yet my next farming spot after OB but im gonna discover it when the time is right.You should awake the instinct of exploration deep inside you and explore the game :) The l2 world is so HUGE its funny/sad that people stick into a bugged quest in one area lol

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Antifa said:

I'm sorry, but you're wrong. The system you mentioned is called FREEMIUM. 

Free to play, it's just free.

I shall repeat what I said above.

Free to play" meaning free trial, free to play competitively forever, or whatever, is a semantical argument about words and also unimportant is your or my opinions on it.

But yes that is known as freemium in software, and it works.  Our version is garbage and does not work.

14 hours ago, Lawman said:

Thanks for responding.  That's an interesting rationale, but it's not clear what was promised.  For example, they promised 1.5, which, it's reasonable to assume, would include 1x drop/spoil/adena rates from 1.5.  Anyone who is arguing for adjustment of the rates could make the same claim you make with equal validity.

The drop rates are fine. People just do not want to wait and they are just trying to rush like I stated.

When you rush you shoot yourself in the foot in this game and there should be consequences for doing so hence slow advancement.

I am already in Full D grade at level 27. This game isn't rocket science it simply just takes time to acquire things hence hardcore.

Back in the day it would take days, weeks and months to acquire upgrades to gear. This version I feel they are simply handing out items.

1 hour ago, LightRider said:

The drop rates are fine. People just do not want to wait and they are just trying to rush like I stated.

When you rush you shoot yourself in the foot in this game and there should be consequences for doing so hence slow advancement.

I am already in Full D grade at level 27. This game isn't rocket science it simply just takes time to acquire things hence hardcore.

Back in the day it would take days, weeks and months to acquire upgrades to gear. This version I feel they are simply handing out items.

True, they are simply handing out items at the lower levels, but that stops abruptly after D grade.  You might think the drop rates are fine (I disagree, as does NCWest, at least for 40+ rates, which you can't comment on, being only 27).  But that is beside the point of this particular discussion.  You talked about promises, and NCWest promised 1.5.  Whether or not you or I think the rates are fine, it is indisputable that they are not 1.5 rates.  People can rightly argue that NCWest should deliver what they promised by giving us 1.5 rates without being told to leave if they don't like it and without being accused of trying to rush.  

Just now, Lawman said:

True, they are simply handing out items at the lower levels, but that stops abruptly after D grade.  You might think the drop rates are fine (I disagree, as does NCWest, at least for 40+ rates, which you can't comment on, being only 27).  But that is beside the point of this particular discussion.  You talked about promises, and NCWest promised 1.5.  Whether or not you or I think the rates are fine, it is indisputable that they are not 1.5 rates.  People can rightly argue that NCWest should deliver what they promised by giving us 1.5 rates without being told to leave if they don't like it and without being accused of trying to rush.  

I think what people do not take into consideration is that there are literally thousands of players playing this game. If they were to out of the box give us amazing rates then the market would be extremely flooded with items and adena. You have to take into consideration of all the other players that make up an economy and not just ones self.

This game is about players coming together and helping each other and not a solo warrior adventure and that is what people are looking for when asking for rates to be constantly increased.

Also we do not know what the true rates are supposed to be as players constantly quote a site that is made specifically for the EU version of the game. So until there is a site that is generated specifically stating to be for NA Classic you can not truly argue that the rates are not close to 1.5.

As for NcSoft stating that the rates are off we do not know how far off they are but if I at 27 can get full D grade then why with someone level 40 cannot prepare themselves to buy or farm mats to craft C grade?

People easily have 10 levels to prepare themselves for level 40 and equip themselves with C grade.

8 minutes ago, LightRider said:

I think what people do not take into consideration is that there are literally thousands of players playing this game. If they were to out of the box give us amazing rates then the market would be extremely flooded with items and adena. You have to take into consideration of all the other players that make up an economy and not just ones self.

This game is about players coming together and helping each other and not a solo warrior adventure and that is what people are looking for when asking for rates to be constantly increased.

Also we do not know what the true rates are supposed to be as players constantly quote a site that is made specifically for the EU version of the game. So until there is a site that is generated specifically stating to be for NA Classic you can not truly argue that the rates are not close to 1.5.

As for NcSoft stating that the rates are off we do not know how far off they are but if I at 27 can get full D grade then why with someone level 40 cannot prepare themselves to buy or farm mats to craft C grade?

People easily have 10 levels to prepare themselves for level 40 and equip themselves with C grade.

There is nothing "amazing" about the same rates we had in 1.5 years ago.  And, if you've been reading this forum at all, you know the rates for C grade are awful compared to the rates for D grade, given the higher price of C grade gear.  BTW, there were literally thousands of people playing the game back in the day, and the market was not flooded.  Finally, I can argue the rates aren't close to 1.5.  The Prima Guide, for all of its faults was at least 90-95% accurate (probably better than that) when it came to drop/spoil/adena rates.  The current rates aren't close to those shown in that guide.  They aren't close to what EU has and EU is supposedly based on the old rates.  They aren't close to what people like myself who played in the old days remember them.  Respectfully, anyone who reads these forums and has the slightest doubt that the rates aren't even close to 1.5, especially after level 40, is kidding themselves.

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived