Classic Unscheduled Server Maintenance: Monday, October 29, 2018

Hime

3 minutes ago, FatHips said:

my VIP 4 accounts sat in a queue of 600 on the weekend for about an hour.  This is unacceptable while free accounts are in the game.  Competely unacceptable

Quit please. Stop crying about your VIP giving you a boost to log in. Everyone should be able to log in. Not only VIP nerds.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, W4rbax said:

90% of people speaking here have not played classic. This server is WAY MORE easy than a real classic one, so shut up and go hardcore instead of complaining.

Would really like to see any of you doing real class transfer quests, then all the complaints would be gone

Please, enlight me on what a REAL CLASSIC is. Please. 

Totally agree with Fathips , there is people that pay money to play and get level and stuff as fast possible because we dont have the time to be on for 12 hr , i love the game but if im paying is because to make it easy for me  since i dont play for that long amount of hr and being in queue for 45 min to 1 hr is so ridicules and have no sense  , I remember in C1 there where more people than now and we never had this stupid problem . 

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

These are okay stop-gap measures and I approve of anything you can do without depending on the developers.  But, oh my, would it be nice to have a bit more communication from you and @Juji!  Please at least acknowledge our concerns and discuss solutions you are considering, or have decided to implement as soon as the development team can get them done. The lack of response is truly distressing and, I believe, causes much of the angst you see here on the forums.  The same subjects are raised again and again because, thanks to the lack of response, it feels like no one is listening.  You've actually made some good attempts to address some of the problems, but never with discussion ahead of time.  You say something general and meaningless like "more information will be available later" then don't say anything else until you introduce the changes.  Would it bother you that much to talk with us, give us a feeling we are being listened to, and some concrete hint of what is being consider or done?  Thanks for reading. 

Well said.  It is hard to be patient without communication.

1 minute ago, Necroed said:

Maybe you intended for the Halloween buff to work differently, but the description on the item actually lead us to believe that it was proper, it was working a certain way for a week now. so what? It didnt slow down mine or anyone elses spending did it? Why not just address this during server maintenance? Why take it down "emergency" to do something that only hurts your player base? Poor decision imo.

Actually the item description is quite clear, that you dont know how to interpret isnt the ncwest problem. The item says those buffs (including the +30% exp) only last 20 minutes. Then the item descriptions continues saying the item will only be avaliable during the event, after which all the potions in your inventory/warehouse will be deleted.

Want me to post you a screenshot of the item description too?

The game was hardcore in Open Beta all the way to the destruction of l2 classes, that's where it died.

Just make the game as it was, and i'll play it until i die.

Lots of stuff you need to update now, backstab not landing in back, stuns not breaking on hit, root landing 90% of time with NG weapon on geared people with mental shield and many more things.

I hope you will jump up to a better more balanced state of the game. I have my hopes

/Micke from Sieghardt  :x

Just now, arpul said:

Quit please. Stop crying about your VIP giving you a boost to log in. Everyone should be able to log in. Not only VIP nerds.

And who will be paying for the server if VIPs quit for "everyone" to log in?

NCsoft is not a charity.

Game servers will be down for maintenance beginning Monday, October 29, 2018 at 2pm PDT / 5pm EDT / 2200 GMT+1 and ending at approximately 3 pm PDT / 6 pm EDT / 2300 GMT+1. Estimated downtime is 1 hours.

With this maintenance:

• The respawn time for monsters in all starter zones has returned back to normal to help improve server performance.
  • Fixed an issue where the Lingering Halloween buff items were not deleted correctly upon use.
  • A Free teleport event will start today until 11/14 as part of our efforts to fine-tune Adena issues after level 40. More information will be available later.

If you have any questions about the changes taking place during this maintenance, please feel free to post them on the forums. We also encourage you to follow @LineageIIOps for maintenance and server status updates.

You're taking the whole Grind experience of the players, making it so easy, "The easier it gets, the easier it gets if you lose interest", and easier the players abandon the game

not fer, people who will start today have worse because there is no such a quick revival of monsters and CI which they played since the beginning of May after 50 lvl. now it is harder for new ones and irrelevant for old ones. it should be so with spots up to 40 lvl moba are fast as you change something

2 minutes ago, SirJohnNathan said:

Totally agree with Fathips , there is people that pay money to play and get level and stuff as fast possible because we dont have the time to be on for 12 hr , i love the game but if im paying is because to make it easy for me  since i dont play for that long amount of hr and being in queue for 45 min to 1 hr is so ridicules and have no sense  

You may agree with me but those are not my reasons.  VIP bonuses should reset the server to proper (1x) rates, right now we are running around ~66-75% rates on most things.  This is bad.  Free play is meant to be a trial into paying, not sustainable forever at competitive levels.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

And who will be paying for the server if VIPs quit for "everyone" to log in?

NCsoft is not a charity.

VIP gives other advantages. It shouldn't allow players to log in "faster" on the first place.

11 minutes ago, Darkpsy said:

limit the maximum Box to dual box, and stop being greedy about the dolla, you can make the same amount of money (or more) if you keep it fair, this 8h queue is unacceptable....

me and the wife have 7 accounts are vip 4 and 3 are over 15k ncoins spent, if you want faster login get your account to vip 4, quit being a cheap arse. if you cant afford vip then deal with it. in this version people who pay should get the benefit of logging in faster, even skelth has 10 euro a month sub, and thats with no perks.

5 minutes ago, FatHips said:

my VIP 4 accounts sat in a queue of 600 on the weekend for about an hour.  This is unacceptable while free accounts are in the game.  Competely unacceptable

Don't VIPs have their own separate queue? It's only gotten to that point because NCSoft forced everyone's hand into getting VIP because of the atrocious 12 hour queue times that plagued us a couple weeks ago. Now that there are thousands of VIP accounts now, yeah there's going to be a bit of a wait for all the VIPs, I'd much rather sit in a 600 VIP queue than the 1200 f2p queue, pick your poison.

2 minutes ago, FatHips said:

You may agree with me but those are not my reasons.  VIP bonuses should reset the server to proper (1x) rates, right now we are running around ~66-75% rates on most things.  This is bad.  Free play is meant to be a trial into paying, not sustainable forever at competitive levels.

Free to play is meant to be as its read, FREE to play, not a trial. Go learn some basics first.

4 minutes ago, Micke said:

The game was hardcore in Open Beta all the way to the destruction of l2 classes, that's where it died.

Just make the game as it was, and i'll play it until i die.

Lots of stuff you need to update now, backstab not landing in back, stuns not breaking on hit, root landing 90% of time with NG weapon on geared people with mental shield and many more things.

I hope you will jump up to a better more balanced state of the game. I have my hopes

/Micke from Sieghardt  :x

agree! goddess of destruction is like the fire nation. 

5 minutes ago, SirJohnNathan said:

Totally agree with Fathips , there is people that pay money to play and get level and stuff as fast possible because we dont have the time to be on for 12 hr , i love the game but if im paying is because to make it easy for me  since i dont play for that long amount of hr and being in queue for 45 min to 1 hr is so ridicules and have no sense  , I remember in C1 there where more people than now and we never had this stupid problem . 

you know, now that you mention it, that is so true.  We never had a queue before, even with more people.  Oh wait, I was on Erica server...nvm.

Just now, GrumpyMuppet said:

Free to play is meant to be as its read, FREE to play, not a trial. Go learn some basics first.

IF you cant afford $1 to be even VIP 1, you should spend less time playing games, and more time making money, learning a trade, something.

SIMPLE , if is true that you guys are free playing game , make 2 servers one with people that dont have VIP and another one with the people that pay the VIP  , that way US the VIP player can play with no freaking problems and for sure we wont have that much issue with adena sellers and bots  and all that trash we are having 

1 minute ago, GrumpyMuppet said:

"Free to play" means nothing, actually. There is nothing in your agreement with NCsoft that entitles you to any free time on their servers.

6 minutes ago, xHaseo said:

Please, enlight me on what a REAL CLASSIC is. Please. 

No mega "event" buffs, LOWER adena rate, LOWER item rate, way harder and not buffed quests,.... NO NOVICE SS etc etc

Don't misunderstand me, i'm pretty happy with this server, just funny too see people complaining about this being "too hard"

SIMPLE , if is true that you guys are free playing game , make 2 servers one with people that dont have VIP and another one with the people that pay the VIP  , that way US the VIP player can play with no freaking problems and for sure we wont have that much issue with adena sellers and bots  and all that trash we are having

That actually makes a lot of sense, would be lovely to have VIP servers.

Archived