This is not Classic Lineage - Here's why

Yuffers

Am I the only one, or does it seem like this is a completely custom version of lineage that is light-years away from what it is meant to be? I could put a comprehensive list of differences together, but off the top of my head, a few key things is more than enough to see why this is not classic lineage.

- For starters, I want to point out that I started playing L2 11 years ago, and I most recently played Lineage 2 Revolution for the greater part of a year and the business model of the new classic version is strikingly similar to Revolution. I came here to quit L2R, not have more of the same dumbed down version of what Lineage used to be with a freemium aspect.

- PVP and PK is completely broken. One of the best parts of Lineage was killing a chaotic player and practically having to change your underwear when you see that shiny weapon or piece of armor sitting on the ground and picking it up. I'm sure a lot of you would agree that this alone one one of the biggest factors when it came to pvp. And because you cannot severely punish people who Pk, along with the fact that PK removal scrolls are available for next to nothing completely ruins the excitement and weight of doing any form of PVP. You die here and "shrug, ohh well lol..

- I don't need to get into a lot of detail about the drop/spoil rates as I'm sure everyone at this point is well aware of how broken it is. I feel as if it's a COMPLETE custom drop rate geared towards getting people to purchase VIP status to get increased rates of which simple math and statistics is showing that rates are basically unaffected by your status as a VIP. Hmmmmm.... It's almost like you are paying for nothing... Why is it that illegal servers have better files from older versions of the game than the actual owners of the game do?? The answer is simple, "Give us your money and screw you, we do not value you as a customer". NCsoft could have a better team of developers if they hired a bunch of private dev's living in basements that work on illegal servers FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME! We were all fooled into believing that this would be a "classic" experience

- RECIPES!! And this one really bothers me.. Recipes are useless now.. You used to require a recipe as part of crafting an item. Not just to learn how to craft it, you need one also as part of the materials for making the item. Now it's one-and-done, learn the recipe then sell all your duplicates to the grocery store (or post them wayyy overpriced in a player shop for them not to sell is the theme so far D=) Yes, because the rates for spoiling and getting recipes as drops is broken, but the ones you can manage to get are useless after the first drop and this does a lot of damage to the economy and weight of crafting.

- Teleportation is free until lvl 40, need I say more

- Buffs are broken. They must have done some funky custom stuff to all the buffs in the game because 55% is more like 5% and that is so uncool. I have spoken with a lot of players who say they don't even buff anymore because the time and mana used on them cuts into profit. In fact, why even have buffers right?? Why not just sell WW buff potions and be done with buffs, ohh and we can call it Goddess of Destruction... This is pathetic!

- Why is it that when I look at my map every raid boss is alive? Lineage was a game where raids were ALWAYS top priority. What do you do end game - raid, what do you gear for- raids (and siege) What do you WANT to do - RAID!!! I want a full drop and I want to earn it, and I want that feeling of satisfaction you get from doing something difficult and being rewarded for succeeding. I will admit that I haven't participated in any raids on the classic servers yet but the fact the nobody is killing them says a lot. My gut feeling is that the drop rates for items from them is so low that it's not worth doing, and the difficulty of the bosses themselves has been raised making it nearly impossible to do in a reasonable manor. Nobody is going to use 2k shots in an alliance party of 18 to get a few armor enchants and MAYBE get one full drop to split among 17 other people. I believe this is why none of the RB's are getting farmed. Even on illegal servers I played on in the past you would have to watch spawn timers and fight a group of players for nearly every RB. I don't believe for one second that everyone is content with farming the same mobs with broken drop rates 24/7 and not doing raids. 

I could go on and get into details but this short list of things pretty much ruins every aspect of the game. This is not classic, and if NC doesn't get their crap together and start thinking about things like customer satisfaction then they are going to miss out on a freaking GOLDMINE! A little bit of care goes a long way. I was really excited when I heard about classic, and I made the mistake so many of us made and bought into it. I would compare this experience to being at a restaurant and ordering a steak, and when the food arrives it's a mc'donalds McChicken sandwich on a paper plate. It's like those scams online where you think you are ordering a CD, but you get a picture of a CD. It's like ordering a recliner, and receiving a doll house miniature. I might stick around until the 14th of November for what was mentioned in today's emergency maintenance about fixing adena drop rates, but there are so many things broken I really don't see it being fixable. Look at Oldschool Runescape NCSoft!!! They are making a huge profit going on like 5 years strong now by simply providing a safe environment for people to enjoy a polished product they know and love. You guys messed up bigtime, and I guess this is nothing new to the company but for the love of all things sacred DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. It's not too late to stop be a malicious-backstabbing-heartless-cold-calculated machine. I have the worst case of blueballs from getting my hopes up for this game I might have to go somewhere like Skelth to itch this scratch.

*edit

I don't know if the dev's are just stupid, or they are blinded by short-term greed, but to me it seems like they are choosing a short term profit over a long term money making powerhouse. Seems like a no-brainer to me

It's still possible to give us a better version of the game and still make money. I truly believe that if the game was more true to what used to be they could make a lot more money because people will want to stay. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. It's going to end up just like the Live version of the game with 1 or 2 servers and nothing but air-headed people with bottomless pockets, not real people

I'm not saying it couldn't be improved on, but they won't. While people are busy complaining about legit people multiboxing there are whole groups of bots with vip1 farming silver coins in low level areas to flood the market with mats and to craft items to be sold through their sites. 

I understand the anger of the people who came to play based on misinformation about rates from NC, but otherwise we're pretty much stuck with what they've presented us with 

5 minutes ago, Yuffers said:

Also, going back to what I said about ordering a steak... Forgive me if I thought "classic" meant classic... False advertisement if you ask me.

If I'm not mistaken, it was a version developed, named, and released elsewhere long before NCWest got ahold of it. I also originally thought it would be the first released version and was looking forward to it, but now I realize that it's just not feasible with the f2p + item store platform

I'm ok with the item store. For all I care they could sell every freakin item from every grade and every incentive imaginable. I'll earn that stuff they way it was made to be earned and be 100% ok with people buying it. I'm even ok with how they changed item drop on death, not with chaotic death, but mob death I'm cool with not loosing items. I'm even ok with the free teleportation until lvl 40 somewhat. I'm not trying to argue with you @BooBooKittyFK, sorry, I'm just passionate about Lineage and I'm angry like so many of us are. NCS had a chance to knock the ball out of the park and help revolutionize the way the entire world views MMORPG's but they totally struck out and it really, truly makes me sad. I guess the memories of playing Lineage will have to be just that, memories. I would have loved to make some new ones but that's the way the world works, we as humans make something beautiful and then destroy it in the never ending search for something better. This game has touched a lot of people and we will all remember this for the rest of our lives, the good (C5) The bad (GofD) and the ugly (Classic)

The spoil rates of NA L2C will be the death of it, wait and see. When people are spoiling 50% chance spoil rate and spoiling 200 mobs and nothing.. You just know it's broken.

A buff in the event could reuse as many times as you like and it was only reported a few hours ago and fixed already.

Yet spoils have been a mess for weeks and still nothing....

1 hour ago, Yuffers said:

Am I the only one, or does it seem like this is a completely custom version of lineage that is light-years away from what it is meant to be? I could put a comprehensive list of differences together, but off the top of my head, a few key things is more than enough to see why this is not classic lineage.

- Point 1: Played 11 years ago.

- Point 2: PVP and PK is completely broken

- Point 3: drop/spoil QQ

- Point 4: RECIPES!!

- Point 5: Teleportation is free until lvl 40, need I say more

- Point 6: Buffs are broken.

- Point 7: Why is it that when I look at my map every raid boss is alive? Lineage was a game where raids were ALWAYS top priority. What do you do end game - raid, what do you gear for- raids (and siege) What do you WANT to do - RAID!!!

I could go on and get into details but this short list of things pretty much ruins every aspect of the game. This is not classic, and if NC doesn't get their crap together and start thinking about things like customer satisfaction then they are going to miss out on a freaking GOLDMINE! A little bit of care goes a long way. I was really excited when I heard about classic, and I made the mistake so many of us made and bought into it. I would compare this experience to being at a restaurant and ordering a steak, and when the food arrives it's a mc'donalds McChicken sandwich on a paper plate. It's like those scams online where you think you are ordering a CD, but you get a picture of a CD. It's like ordering a recliner, and receiving a doll house miniature. I might stick around until the 14th of November for what was mentioned in today's emergency maintenance about fixing adena drop rates, but there are so many things broken I really don't see it being fixable. Look at Oldschool Runescape NCSoft!!! They are making a huge profit going on like 5 years strong now by simply providing a safe environment for people to enjoy a polished product they know and love. You guys messed up bigtime, and I guess this is nothing new to the company but for the love of all things sacred DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE. It's not too late to stop be a malicious-backstabbing-heartless-cold-calculated machine. I have the worst case of blueballs from getting my hopes up for this game I might have to go somewhere like Skelth to itch this scratch.

Had to shorten your points to basic summaries. Addressing your point.

1) I played beta through C4. Then I played on again off again until just recently. I have zero illegal server experience as I do not believe in them. Comparing them to Live/Classic is also a fundamental NO NO. Shame on you! You never even played during the vanilla times.

2) If you can't adjust to the current pvp climate, that is YOUR problem not the game's. The only thing broken about PK at is that the karma climb starts out really really high and is almost impossible to xp off. If you go over 4 PKs and die while red, you still drop gear. Saw a red pop loot today myself. Btw, this is how it  worked in vanilla Lineage II starting with C1 or so.

3) This is old news and will have to be addressed 40+.

4) Recipes have ALWAYS been just for the crafter below B grade. It is only starting with B grade that you must supply an additional recipe to craft. Classic Lineage II is the same way. The Warsmith only need know the recipe for NG through C grade. Then starting with B grade at 52, not only will the Warsmith need the recipe in their book, but the person crafting will need a recipe copy as well. You sure you played live servers 11 years?

5) This isn't how vanilla was true. However, given that Classic Lineage =/= Vanilla Lineage II (as much as some people might wish and keep trying to equate it to), This is a nice QoL change.

6) Buffs being broken is news to me. I sure as hell notice a considerable increase in killing power with buffs. Perhaps that 55% of people you have been speaking with are just complete nubs to the game? Then again my boxed SE is 30 now and has quite a few buffs to give out.

7) Raid bosses back in the day rarely dropped full drops. Instead they used to drop large volumes of crafting mats. Particularly skilled teams who were all the sweet spot level wise and with either good enough gear or luck could get full drops but it was rare. Even then regular raid bosses typically only dropped 1 item and some adena. The loot pinata bosses are the epic raids like Ant Queen, the dragons, and Baium.

Also it bears pointing out many many people do NOT play this game to raid. We play for the variety of reasons to pvp. Raids have always been mostly a side show. Based on how much you love pvp, perhaps a Theme Park MMO is more to your pace? I suggest World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 14, or Elder Scrolls Online.

51 minutes ago, BooBooKittyFK said:

I'm not saying it couldn't be improved on, but they won't. While people are busy complaining about legit people multiboxing there are whole groups of bots with vip1 farming silver coins in low level areas to flood the market with mats and to craft items to be sold through their sites. 

I understand the anger of the people who came to play based on misinformation about rates from NC, but otherwise we're pretty much stuck with what they've presented us with 

VIP 3. VIP 1 and 2 cannot farm silver coins.

Wow it really didn't take long for the Trolls to come out did it?? Ok So I didn't know recipe duplicates weren't needed.. And yeah I did play mostly illegal servers, mainly C5. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out how broken this version is. Have you looked at other posts in the forums??? I'm sure you have seeing that you are spending 30 minutes typing a rant about hot dumb I am. Did you notice that (more than 55% ;)) of the posts are expressing a negative reaction to this version of the game?? Grats on the lvl 30 buffer!! Mine both just hit 35... I don't dare utter these words often nor lightly, but get a life and quit trolling the forums. If you reply to every point someone makes about how broken this game is on the forums you'll die of starvation alone in your basement. I have every reason to be upset and just because I'm not a f** walking Wikipedia on "lineage 2 classic" Doesn't mean this game isn't poo-poo-ca-ca @Medeoan

54 minutes ago, Medeoan said:

VIP 3. VIP 1 and 2 cannot farm silver coins.

Yeah, that's my bad. I forgot because I skipped levels 1 and 2. Even if they're VIP 3 or 4, the cost is a drop in the hat compared to what they rake in selling accounts, items, and currency for real money.

I'm not trying to argue with you @BooBooKittyFK, sorry, I'm just passionate about Lineage and I'm angry like so many of us are. 

I'm not either, I'm just a naturally bitchy person and it comes across especially clearly in text. I rarely bother to actually argue with people on the internet. they've usually got absolutely nothing to do with me or my life and I figure caring about it is energy I don't want to expend. I've got an Autoimmune disorder, I'm tired enough lol

Also, yes, this thread went rabid pretty quickly. The divide between Retail (or official as some people call it) players and illegal server players is getting pretty intense.  

I saw them in a player shop early on, sometime in the first few weeks @RoQ no lie

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Scroll:_PK

first, this wiki does not reflect our version of lineage2 classic and second did you read the link before you posted it? lol, it clearly says Cannot be sold in a public store. 

here, have the real thing

https://www.lineage2.com/news/lineage-ii-classic-launch-patch-notes

The PK counter can only be reduced through the ‘Brothers Bound in Chains’ Quest (Sin Eater)

Just now, pierviert said:

Main question here. What rates are on the server?

Welcome to NCWest's Lineage II Classic F2P unknown version heavily modded server. Thanks to this chaos and ongoing changes to server files it is impossible to answer your question and most likely will be impossible in the indefinite future.

Now, could I interest you in buying some NCoin? They aren't that expensive…

5 hours ago, pierviert said:

Rates are basics of the server. Before u join any server, you always check rates. Something smells fishy here. I do not understand how many people can play here not knowing basic thing like rates.

People actually wanted to play here so bad they were denying hard facts, e.g. consider this post and how easily it gathered likes:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/2772-news-lineage-ii-classic-server-launching-october-3/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-21812

And now even after they keep increasing rates, removing teleport costs and whatnot, the core things still shine through: that this cut-down cash-grab is the worst version of classic out of all regions.

Archived