This is not Classic Lineage - Here's why

Yuffers

Topic : This Is Not Classic Lineage - Here's Why

blah blah blah.... bs

Just go to the home page of Lineage 2 and open your eyes dude..

"Create Your Classic Hero Begin your return to the original classic by creating your character from a selection of 31 classes and 5 races each with varying skills and abilities."

Do you even know what they mean by Classic ?? This is a Classic server where it holds the original classic characters & Classes. xD

15 hours ago, Yuffers said:

It's still possible to give us a better version of the game and still make money. I truly believe that if the game was more true to what used to be they could make a lot more money because people will want to stay. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. It's going to end up just like the Live version of the game with 1 or 2 servers and nothing but air-headed people with bottomless pockets, not real people

no they can not. i bet there are like 5 ppl working on this game only + cummunity managers. even their trailers (up to god) were still recorded using their game client + manual flycams moved by hand. i guess they have a tight scheudule. :(

14 hours ago, Yuffers said:

Wow it really didn't take long for the Trolls to come out did it?? Ok So I didn't know recipe duplicates weren't needed.. And yeah I did play mostly illegal servers, mainly C5. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out how broken this version is. Have you looked at other posts in the forums??? I'm sure you have seeing that you are spending 30 minutes typing a rant about hot dumb I am. Did you notice that (more than 55% ;)) of the posts are expressing a negative reaction to this version of the game?? Grats on the lvl 30 buffer!! Mine both just hit 35... I don't dare utter these words often nor lightly, but get a life and quit trolling the forums. If you reply to every point someone makes about how broken this game is on the forums you'll die of starvation alone in your basement. I have every reason to be upset and just because I'm not a f** walking Wikipedia on "lineage 2 classic" Doesn't mean this game isn't poo-poo-ca-ca @Medeoan

Speaking to the amount of complaining in the forums: most of the threads are repeats of topics that have already been discussed (hot topics right now being spoil rates and adena rates at 40+). Although these are two big problems, NCsoft said they are looking into it and will hopefully give us a fix/change in the near future. Aside from that, the other main thing i see is people asking for a refund or complaining about dc'ing. Stuff that is more account specific and doesnt even belong on the forums and needs to be put into a support ticket. Please dont misunderstand, the game is far from perfect, but it is playable and its a game I love. A few of my buddies and I have been basically swimming in nostalgia the past couple weeks. I am currently constantly crunching numbers on how much adena I can make selling d shots (LittleNacho in dion woot woot) if i get d crystals at this or that price. The same thing i was doing when i started playing L2 back in the day. Although I will admit i started at the end of C2. That's what I find fun. The challenge. NC is trying to tweak things here and there to make sure it is hard for us as players, but not impossible. I'm ok wiht it and im along for the ride. Honestly, if you really love the game (speaking to everyone here, not just OP), why would you constantly berate NC soft instead of letting them do their research and provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

To add to the points you made in your original post...
-I like the free teleport. It is kind of like an indirect way to say sorry for the adena/drop rates at launch

-Raiding early game is completely diff than late game. I haven't seen any big name clans forming on my server, but I could be wrong. But, I don't see any clans that are large enough to do low level raids by themselves. There is no sensible loot distribution from a raid boss if you are not in an organized clan. You just may get lucky on a full drop if your in the main party and thats it. Combine that with burning through shots to kill the boss but not getting gold from drops ... turns out raiding is a very inefficient way to level in terms of adena.

-PVP will evolve much better once we have some more clans around that can war each other

-Buffs....  well yeah this is the first I have heard of people not bothering to buff. I definitely notice a difference when I am buffed at this level BUT I'm guessing people just dont remember what its like to only have a few buffs. Sorry you only have Might 2 and a haste 1 pot for now. I promise it is making a difference and I promise it will get better. But if you really think its more efficient to kill with out buffs than to take 30s to buff... I would like to see that math.

16 hours ago, Yuffers said:

I feel as if it's a COMPLETE custom drop

Take a moment and think that all of us are playing on an OFFICIAL server that we don't know the rates.All these years on random illegal servers I've never seen anything like this the first thing I notice are the rates of xp drop spoil etc.
Here even when they buff them they just give you some random percentages never revealing the real rates like its some kind of top secret.

14 hours ago, Yuffers said:

Wow it really didn't take long for the Trolls to come out did it?? Ok So I didn't know recipe duplicates weren't needed.. And yeah I did play mostly illegal servers, mainly C5. But you don't have to be a genius to figure out how broken this version is. Have you looked at other posts in the forums??? I'm sure you have seeing that you are spending 30 minutes typing a rant about hot dumb I am. Did you notice that (more than 55% ;)) of the posts are expressing a negative reaction to this version of the game?? Grats on the lvl 30 buffer!! Mine both just hit 35... I don't dare utter these words often nor lightly, but get a life and quit trolling the forums. If you reply to every point someone makes about how broken this game is on the forums you'll die of starvation alone in your basement. I have every reason to be upset and just because I'm not a f** walking Wikipedia on "lineage 2 classic" Doesn't mean this game isn't poo-poo-ca-ca @Medeoan

The only people who post on the forums are people complaining about the server.. and theres so many MORE people who are happy with the server yet dont say anything on forums , me being one. I love the server. Theres always 6500 people on at any given time, towns are full of shops, and this server reminds me of how the game was back in early 2005 when i was a kid, but this is even better because everyone is at the same level range. Leveling zones are PACKED and pvp is everywhere, I love whats going on and I play casually (currently lvl 31).

They announced last night they know theres an issue with adena droprate 40+ as well as an issue with the spoil rate, and they stated they are fixing it (Juji said it himself on the forums). 

I just dont get the people who constantly complain on the forums, you take time out of your day to complain about the servers, yet continue to play here. 

and Bots have ALWAYS been a problem in every game, Lineage 2 is no exception.

5 hours ago, pierviert said:

@up

Rates are basics of the server. Before u join any server, you always check rates. Something smells fishy here. I do not understand how many people can play here not knowing basic thing like rates.

Perhaps it would help if you told us what rates you are talking about.  I've never played an illegal server but my understanding is their rates are usually expressed as some multiple of the official rates (5x exp, 10x drops, 10x spoils, 5x adena, whatever).  This is the official server so, by definition, its "rates" are always 1x. It would certainly be nice if they published the individual rates for each mob in a wiki similar to EU's Classic wiki, but they haven't done that, so no one knows the rates for individual mobs.  What other rates would you want to check? 

I feel as if it's a COMPLETE custom drop rate geared towards getting people to purchase VIP status to get increased rates of which simple math and statistics is showing that rates are basically unaffected by your status as a VIP. Hmmmmm.... It's almost like you are paying for nothing...

Yea.  This is correct, the VIP status has little effect.  It needs to be ~200% bonus, affect adena as well as spoils to be near normal rates.

People follow incentive, most will not pay for VIP4, which means the server will die without change, one way or another.

Archived