Known Issue: Adena Scaling at Level 40+

Hime

• L2 Team

Hello all,

In the past couple of weeks we’ve received lots of your feedback on the rate that Adena is acquired at level 40+. After researching, we concluded the Adena scaling at these levels should indeed be higher.  

As we continue to make adjustments, a free teleport event will start as of today and continue until November 14. During this event period, you can speak to any Gatekeeper NPC and teleport to your desired location without spending Adena.

Once we confirm the improved Adena scaling changes, we will provide additional details in another announcement later this week.

Thank you!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

In the past couple of weeks we’ve received lots of your feedback on the rate that Adena is acquired at level 40+. After researching, we concluded the Adena scaling at these levels should indeed be higher.  

As we continue to make adjustments, a free teleport event will start as of today and continue until November 14. During this event period, you can speak to any Gatekeeper NPC and teleport to your desired location without spending Adena.

Once we confirm the improved Adena scaling changes, we will provide additional details in another announcement later this week.

Thank you!

If you include that free gk while you make the adjustments, does it means you wont be increasing the adena rates for this week maintenance?

2 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

Thank you!

Plz fix spell book drops I've gotten 5 full drops to 0 spell book drops in the last 50 + hours of grinding for spellbooks

13 minutes ago, sharkman said:

Plz fix spell book drops I've gotten 5 full drops to 0 spell book drops in the last 50 + hours of grinding for spellbooks

There's nothing to fix, spellbooks are meant to have this low chance of dropping.

spend few more weeks and you might find the right book. Welcome to classic.

Thank you so much for this. In the meantime, while adena is being addressed I will level an alt and make adena that way. Good to see that something is being done about this, otherwise I would have quit in the coming days. Thank you for paying attention and listening to your audience.

So i did test some areas and here are the results (i am Vip 2 so add +20% chance):

500 Nos with party at aligator island, spoiled 6-7 sage rags fragments (l2wiki chance 7.706% — 9.428%) (I got one in 5 days with my buffer in party). 0 Scythe Edges (1.895% — 2.317%).

100 excuro at cruma tower with party spoiled 0 Recipe: karmian gloves (l2wiki chance 40.37% — 44.55%).

40-50 Undin Rowin at forgotten temple spoiled 0 recipe: Elven Mithril Gloves (l2wiki chance 23.11% — 28.47%).

15 Death fires at forgotten temple spoiled 0 dwarven trident edges (l2 wiki chance 32.30% — 39.20% * This mob spawns rarely at random locations, you may be lucky if find one per 1h if lots of people farming in FT).

900-1000 mobs in total in Forgotten temple (red area) rooms spoiled maybe 70% of them = 4 mace of judgment heads (patin archers) + 10-11 orichalcum and nothing from others. 0 drop, 0 spoils. I spent 3 days in that place.

40-50 Lord of the Plains in plains of the lizardmen got 0 brigantine Tempers (l2wiki chance 8.788% — 10.752%) But maybe that was just bad luck.

95% of mobs give only 1 material on spoil like Noble Ant Captain that gives 1 thread every time (l2wiki says: 1-13 thread).

Some mobs give 1-3 but its rare.

Top d / C grade recipes and parts drop/spoil chance is very low. The only items that you can spoil recs/parts for are the ones you can buy at shop.

With one exception

Most important !!!!

I killed 800+ breka orc warriors (!!!!!!!), made trains of 6-8 and mass spoiled them. I got 0 recipe: Winged Spear (l2wiki chance 0,5-1%).

I spent at least 6 hours there, you must run from one mob to the other and distance is big

What about this????? Adena increase is nothing alone. Price of mats will go up, price at weapon/armor parts same thing. C grade items need lots of materials and they are rare. I saw server (Aden) running out of varnish 3 days ago.... Only one overpriced shop at dion. And all mobs drop 1-1 mats at spoils

6 minutes ago, Juji said:

Spoil will be included in the adjustments as well. 

Thank you!  Please make it a meaningful adjustment, and please include adena and spoils in the VIP boost.  

Also thank you very much for this post.  This is exactly the type of communication I've been pleading for.  I'm just puzzled why you had to research the rates.  I would think you already knew them.

Archived