Forums

Known Issue: Adena Scaling at Level 40+

Hime

Just think about: FULL PARTY, playing constant everyday EVERYDAY no rest for 12-15h. Add VIP4, add exp rune 50% , add exp scrolls, add exp stew, add exp clan buffs, add halloween buff, you get at least 200% exp. Then add the bonus exp from full pt 9 players, add that you get some full weapons drop and eventualy lvl up faster because you kill faster.  Imagine going almost full buff after 50+. Reaching lvl 50+ in that was is EASY but just a matter of time.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, so you only look at the feedback? That means you didnt test the server before realising it so you would know these issues, which leads to belief that you dropped this server without testing it for a quick cash crab. Or you left it out so people would buy vip and thats your plan from early on.

22 minutes ago, Bastor said:

I'm still curious to find out - did anyone even playtest these rates?

It feels as though a few people playing a beta would have been more than enough to flag all of this. Or some QA squad to play through the game....

I am sure the rates are intentional. Maybe not by NCWest (and they lack funding for that "QA squad" anyway), but by Korea.

3 hours ago, MaxNemo said:

for 1 month...and also with queues... incredible O.o

No, not really. That's how MMOs work. It's supposed to be hard and slow in the beginning, then with new patches the early stages get easier and faster to help new players to catch up, or nobody would join after release.

We were supposed to get 1.5, but we got 1.0 rates and some 2.0+ content. The content that is supposed to be there to boost new players is only there until 60 (35-50 daily 45-60 daily, 40-46 daily, 45-51 daily).

I don't neccessarily think it's bad that we have these newbie boosts, because when those dry up on 50+, especially 60, reality will hit people who complain it's too fast like a truck. We also have several patches already in the pipeline that won't be cleared as fast as 1.0 and 1.5 content, so I don't mind skipping on the low level content that most of us played through several times in the past decade or so. 

That said, pairing these changes with 1.0 rates is what makes the experience really shitty, because you are not progressing even remotely at the same rate gear and level wise.

1 hour ago, nbx said:

No, not really. That's how MMOs work. It's supposed to be hard and slow in the beginning, then with new patches the early stages get easier and faster to help new players to catch up, or nobody would join after release.

in Classics there are no patches and will not

7 hours ago, Juji said:

Spoil will be included in the adjustments as well. 

@Juji indeed thanks!

naturally this l2 classic will be a dynamic process for both players and you producers/developers. 

But please don't screw up... I`d pretty much prefer to pay you for cosmetics soulshots and some Decent xp boost,

rather than quit because of adena market. I would try to make it easyer for players to buy coins rather than go buy adena from bot owners. 

Keep up the good job !

10 hours ago, aYotech said:

if you sum 1+1, you get the answer to your own question

Actually no, you dont. With a normal and trustworthy company it would be the normal course of action. With NCwest you cant never be sure. Maybe they will fix it for this week, maybe they will fix it in 2 or 3 weeks saying like last time "we are working on it" "we are making final test" to squeeze more money.

So no, if you sum 1+1 you dont get the answer cause this is an unpredictable company where the concern about their community is at the end of their agenda

10 hours ago, Lawman said:

Thank you!  Please make it a meaningful adjustment, and please include adena and spoils in the VIP boost.  

Also thank you very much for this post.  This is exactly the type of communication I've been pleading for.  I'm just puzzled why you had to research the rates.  I would think you already knew them.

sorry but why would include it in VIP boost? just fix the bleep spoils and adenas. why are you asking for VIp to have more spoil? isnt it enough the 100% drop increase? stop asking asking asking... you want it even easier for VIPS? bad mentality my friend

15 hours ago, Hime said:

Hello all,

In the past couple of weeks we’ve received lots of your feedback on the rate that Adena is acquired at level 40+. After researching, we concluded the Adena scaling at these levels should indeed be higher.  

As we continue to make adjustments, a free teleport event will start as of today and continue until November 14. During this event period, you can speak to any Gatekeeper NPC and teleport to your desired location without spending Adena.

Once we confirm the improved Adena scaling changes, we will provide additional details in another announcement later this week.

Thank you!

Now fix the spoiling scaling. I'm starting to see and agree with other spoilers.

2 minutes ago, Bousette said:

Spoiling Kratos its supossed to give 70% chance to give 1-7 Silver Nuggets (l2 Classic Wiki)... I Spoiled for 3 hours and got 5...

Is this a Joke?.

If only there was some sort of official response saying that they were looking into fixing this.  

2 hours ago, VincentColpa said:

sorry but why would include it in VIP boost? just fix the bleep spoils and adenas. why are you asking for VIp to have more spoil? isnt it enough the 100% drop increase? stop asking asking asking... you want it even easier for VIPS? bad mentality my friend

Yes, I want it easier for VIP.  That's kind of the whole point of VIP.  They have to make it valuable enough to persuade people to keep shelling out $16 a month after the queue problem is solved.  Seriously, I'm not asking for VIPs to get better than 1x.  I would be delighted if they gave VIP4 1x and the freebies some fraction (say 70% or so) of that.  Once we get past 40, when there is no free gear and no free teleports (after 11/14) to compensate for, I don't really see why drops/spoils/adena (for paying customers) shouldn't match the way it was in the old days.  If I were you and thought as you did I wouldn't worry, though.  I'm betting they do a "fix" like the last time that still leaves us (particularly as to spoils) way below 1x.  Thanks for writing.

Archived