Forums

Known Issue: Adena Scaling at Level 40+

Hime

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lawman said:

Yes, I want it easier for VIP.  That's kind of the whole point of VIP.  They have to make it valuable enough to persuade people to keep shelling out $16 a month after the queue problem is solved.  Seriously, I'm not asking for VIPs to get better than 1x.  I would be delighted if they gave VIP4 1x and the freebies some fraction (say 70% or so) of that.  Once we get past 40, when there is no free gear and no free teleports (after 11/14) to compensate for, I don't really see why drops/spoils/adena (for paying customers) shouldn't match the way it was in the old days.  If I were you and thought as you did I wouldn't worry, though.  I'm betting they do a "fix" like the last time that still leaves us (particularly as to spoils) way below 1x.  Thanks for writing.

i have easy solution for you. google>illegal servers>join any server you like and dump your money do be ahead of everybody else. Enjoy;)

20 hours ago, laimoniuxx said:

so many crybabies in these servers as i can see :D

It should be hard core guys, if you want easy leveling or adena go to illegal servesrs...

obvious troll here but I'll bite

I think most people just want rates like the L2 we use to enjoy 10 years ago.  This is what was advertised to the NA audience, and NC is not delivering, yet.

57 minutes ago, lakirojunl said:

i have easy solution for you. google>illegal servers>join any server you like and dump your money do be ahead of everybody else. Enjoy;)

Also obvious troll, but I'll bite, too.  I've never played an illegal server and don't plan on it.  I have also said many times on this forum that I'd prefer a subscription based classic with no pay to win elements at all.  I'm retired and have lots of free time.  I'd much rather spend time than money.  But NCWest has not chosen the subscription-based model.  The closest to a subscription they have is VIP.  Thus the long term health of the game depends on them providing value for the VIP "subscription."  And, again, I'm not asking for the 5x, 10x, P2W items or whatever the illegal servers provide.  NCWest promised us 1.5.  I'm just asking for the VIP4 subscribers, at least, to get the rates we got in 1.5 years ago.

7 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Also obvious troll, but I'll bite, too.  I've never played an illegal server and don't plan on it.  I have also said many times on this forum that I'd prefer a subscription based classic with no pay to win elements at all.  I'm retired and have lots of free time.  I'd much rather spend time than money.  But NCWest has not chosen the subscription-based model.  The closest to a subscription they have is VIP.  Thus the long term health of the game depends on them providing value for the VIP "subscription."  And, again, I'm not asking for the 5x, 10x, P2W items or whatever the illegal servers provide.  NCWest promised us 1.5.  I'm just asking for the VIP4 subscribers, at least, to get the rates we got in 1.5 years ago.

lets say rates are x1. where you want it to be for VIP's at?

2 minutes ago, lakirojunl said:

lets say rates are x1. where you want it to be for VIP's at?

Odd question, given that, in the post you already quoted me on, I said VIP4 should get 1x and free players should get some fraction of that.  I suggested around 70%.  I don't think the rate for free players should be 1x and the rate for VIP higher, because that makes the game too easy and does flood the market with adena and items.  If rates for free players were 1x, then VIP4 probably should be about 1.4x, but, I emphasize, that is a bad idea.

No official renouncement about spoils. The foundation of the economy >.< 

I understand Juji did reply saying spoils are included in the adjustment but that's pretty vague and we've been waiting almost a month for an answer regarding what their intentions are.

And what are they gonna do for mats that are supposed to spoil / drop in stacks of 1-10? Like animal bone. They gonna leave it at 1 per spoil? Is it bugged, it seems like it is. Though maybe its intentional. We dont know because they still havnt said anything....  As it stands, these rates are worse than Korea. 

6 hours ago, Lawman said:

Odd question, given that, in the post you already quoted me on, I said VIP4 should get 1x and free players should get some fraction of that.  I suggested around 70%.  I don't think the rate for free players should be 1x and the rate for VIP higher, because that makes the game too easy and does flood the market with adena and items.  If rates for free players were 1x, then VIP4 probably should be about 1.4x, but, I emphasize, that is a bad idea.

you make no sense. you basically asking for pay2win server. makes too easy for all free to play players so you asking to f2p ppl will get less stuff so you can progress more and faster then f2p...it is a bad idea to split people with their drop and adena. instead VIP should get scrolls for exp and some bonus soulshots i would say every week

PS VIP already have increased chance of dropping items. thats enough i would say

17 minutes ago, lakirojunl said:

you make no sense. you basically asking for pay2win server. makes too easy for all free to play players so you asking to f2p ppl will get less stuff so you can progress more and faster then f2p...it is a bad idea to split people with their drop and adena. instead VIP should get scrolls for exp and some bonus soulshots i would say every week

PS VIP already have increased chance of dropping items. thats enough i would say

Every F2P server ever, and most certainly every NCWest F2p server, becomes P2W.  That's why I wanted subscription based Classic, to avoid that.  But it didn't happen it and we are stuck with the model we have.  Would you spend $16 a month for exp and some bonus soul shots?  I might, if the deal was good enough and included the increase in drops.  But I doubt enough people would.  I'd rather VIP players get better chances in game, so they still have to play the game, than have P2W items in the L2Store outside the game.  Just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but it's a gross overstatement to say it makes no sense.  

1 hour ago, Lawman said:

Every F2P server ever, and most certainly every NCWest F2p server, becomes P2W.  That's why I wanted subscription based Classic, to avoid that.  But it didn't happen it and we are stuck with the model we have.  Would you spend $16 a month for exp and some bonus soul shots?  I might, if the deal was good enough and included the increase in drops.  But I doubt enough people would.  I'd rather VIP players get better chances in game, so they still have to play the game, than have P2W items in the L2Store outside the game.  Just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but it's a gross overstatement to say it makes no sense.  

i spent 15$ for 2 years when wow was a great game BUT because i knew its not gonna die and it wont be pay to win or some shit. HERE i dont know a thing about future of lineage 2. its only a month out. im not wiling to pay a damn dime at the moment. And making some people get ahead because they get VIP AT THE START of the server is a bad decision. makes imbalance. people who spent on vip's getting in partys and leveling non stop getting more drop and adena thus making them grow way faster and stronger, and here comes the ironical pay 2 win system. at the end. top clan with highest levels will be filled with VIP's only.

On 10/29/2018 at 4:52 PM, Hime said:

Hello all,

In the past couple of weeks we’ve received lots of your feedback on the rate that Adena is acquired at level 40+. After researching, we concluded the Adena scaling at these levels should indeed be higher.  

As we continue to make adjustments, a free teleport event will start as of today and continue until November 14. During this event period, you can speak to any Gatekeeper NPC and teleport to your desired location without spending Adena.

Once we confirm the improved Adena scaling changes, we will provide additional details in another announcement later this week.

Thank you!

you do realize if you do not  adjust the adena drop amount significantly people will buy adena to make up the difference to gear up, from the adena spammers, increasing the bot problem. At the same time it makes bots more profitable. Its a catch 22. Increase it so people can buy armor and shots weapons for c grade without out needing to farm adena 24/7  and less people will buy from bots.

21 minutes ago, Kill said:

you do realize if you do not  adjust the adena drop amount significantly people will buy adena to make up the difference to gear up, from the adena spammers, increasing the bot problem. At the same time it makes bots more profitable. Its a catch 22. Increase it so people can buy armor and shots weapons for c grade without out needing to farm adena 24/7  and less people will buy from bots.

If you just adjust the adena drop significantly, the cost of the crafted gear will rise accordingly, so you will sill been unable to buy anything.

In economy thats known as Helicopter Money, and is just a retarded solution.

What needs to be fixed is the spoil. If it works like its supposed to do, you won't need to farm 24/7 even with the actual rate. 

They have to fix that the 40+ mobs drop the amount they are suppose to drop, not rise it significantly.

1 hour ago, LinaInverse said:

If you just adjust the adena drop significantly, the cost of the crafted gear will rise accordingly, so you will sill been unable to buy anything.

In economy thats known as Helicopter Money, and is just a retarded solution.

What needs to be fixed is the spoil. If it works like its supposed to do, you won't need to farm 24/7 even with the actual rate. 

They have to fix that the 40+ mobs drop the amount they are suppose to drop, not rise it significantly.

I was explaining that as an archer i could no longer afford to play. the adena was not enough to maintain shots and arrows and gear up unless i got ridiculously lucky on drops. other classes the adena amout doesnt affect them Ie tanks who dont need shots so they can save adena. mages can aoe saving the really expensive shots they make a decent return. Healers are choosing not to use shots unless emergency healing to make adena but all classes are not equal in the amout of adena they make vs consume. now if you says its the price of playing a DD I know this why i had to make other chars to farm adena to trying to maintain play and archer but now im way behind on my archer vs the server

All these constant changes are dragging this server down. Feels like we are already playing x10 not x1 here.

There were two major problems from the beginning, which are QUEUE time and PK cleaning. All the rest is fine and balanced, so leave it as it is and focus on the real problems.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, MaxNemo said:

for 1 month...and also with queues... incredible O.o

Not really when you have no-lifers, bots and of course account sharers they get to  60+ easy because they take turns playing 8 hour shifts.

6 hours ago, lakirojunl said:

i spent 15$ for 2 years when wow was a great game BUT because i knew its not gonna die and it wont be pay to win or some shit. HERE i dont know a thing about future of lineage 2. its only a month out. im not wiling to pay a damn dime at the moment. And making some people get ahead because they get VIP AT THE START of the server is a bad decision. makes imbalance. people who spent on vip's getting in partys and leveling non stop getting more drop and adena thus making them grow way faster and stronger, and here comes the ironical pay 2 win system. at the end. top clan with highest levels will be filled with VIP's only.

Welcome to Lineage 2, NCWest style.  As soon as they said it was F2P, instead of subscription based, like it should have been, P2W was inevitable.  OF COURSE, VIP players will get ahead.  Why would they spend money if it will not put them ahead?  It's inherent in the business model.  But it's the model we are stuck with.  You either pony up the money, play for free knowing you will end up far behind, or don't play.  Neither one of us likes it, but that's the reality.  You are expressing your displeasure by playing for free and trying to minimize VIPs advantage.  That's fine, but I think it will kill the game, because if VIP isn't worth the $16 people don't spend them money and the game dies.  I'm trying to make the system work as best it can by making the VIP worth $16 without P2W items being put in the L2Store.  The game is already P2W and will only get worse.  The only question is how fast.  We can both hate it together and have different approaches to dealing with it.  Thanks for writing and good luck. 

By the way, I think you'll find when the queue problem is over, that the game is fun even if you play for free and fall behind.  As long as you don't care about castle sieges and making hero, there is still a great fun game in Lineage 2 just in the playing.

1 hour ago, Apcy said:

All these constant changes are dragging this server down. Feels like we are already playing x10 not x1 here.

There were two major problems from the beginning, which are QUEUE time and PK cleaning. All the rest is fine and balanced, so leave it as it is and focus on the real problems.

Might feel like that to you, but the truth is we aren't even playing 1x.  Personally, I believe because of all the freebies the game is adequately balanced through level 40, but, as even NCWest now admits, is completely unbalanced after 40.  

4 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Not really when you have no-lifers, bots and of course account sharers they get to  60+ easy because they take turns playing 8 hour shifts.

my 8 hours needed to make money :o , 1 hour for lunch, 6-8 hours to sleep and 7-9 to be with family, and 1.5-2h to spending time with myself )))

Archived