thanks again for you unproffsionalism

Donowanka

Went for Halloween buff got it. Farm a bit and friends call me to play some Counterstrike ok i left my l2 open played CS finished went to my l2 window and guess what? i got DC

now ok you can say my internet went down or something.. hm.. funny think that i didn't got any dossconect from TS

hYh2rJk.png

And as you can see on 2nd screen my internet is online without any disconnect since 4Days etc

lWuQd8z.png

I got DC in L2 ok no problem they problem is  I lost halloween buff, can not take again and i will not get my reward today... WTF

I dont know if that happened yesteday, but server restarted so maybe it was because of that...

and what does TS have to do? you didnt get disconnect in TS? For example maybe TS has a timeout of 2 minutes and L2 has a timeout of 1 minute or maybe even less since I believe you are not connecting from NA that timeout could be even lower

everytime I get disconnects in L2 is duo to server restarts. the only time I got disconnected it was because my router power cable was almost disconnected and that caused my internet to go down and disconnect me from L2... beside that, the connection is okay although I play with some lag ( maybe 100-200ms ) but in terms of stability servers are awesome ;)

Cheers

I mean i dint get disconected by my side

Yes i know it was restart i log in after i made some EXP etc got buff Hallowen for 4H and went to play CS i back in l2 window and 2 of them disconnected;/ and it only means i lost my 4h buff and today's gift hallowen ( and now i need candy since hallowen buff item start to dissapear)

My internet is working 4days without problem... last time i didn't get gift cuz i was DEAD and where it is wrotten that dead characters can not recive halloween gift? lol

i was online but nw im 170 in Queue... thx NCsoft.. ( it is clearly not my fault) My internet connection and all other apps didn't stop working even for 1s but your server yes.. and now i spend again fakin few hours of playing "Queue simulator 2k18" eh.... why i even spend here 1 cent....

23 minutes ago, VincentColpa said:

everytime I get disconnects in L2 is duo to server restarts. the only time I got disconnected it was because my router power cable was almost disconnected and that caused my internet to go down and disconnect me from L2... beside that, the connection is okay although I play with some lag ( maybe 100-200ms ) but in terms of stability servers are awesome ;)

Cheers

All these things prove nothing at all, NCw is infamous for kicking people randomly. In LIVE, where boxing was the way to play, you would constantly have 3 out of your 12 characters disconnect over a 20 min period: one char afk shop, one char afk near an instance (for CW scouting) and one in the middle of your own (you + 6 box chars) open field PvE fullparty. Why the others would stay online from the end to maintenance to the end of another WILL ALWAYS REMAIN a mystery.

It's none of that.

If you were a little less careless you'd have learned in your lifetime about how windows pages ram. In simple words, windows will prioritize the active window, only. Meaning it will allocate ram to CS, and since it's CS, it will allocate a lot of ram to CS :). Now depending on how many other applications you have open, and how many other applications you have recently opened and closed (most of their stuff will remain cached in ram), windows will decide by itself if it wants to move some of the current open applications from RAM to HDD (the page file).

In your case, windows saw those monstruous l2.bin things eating 800-1.5GB RAM and decided to move a bunch of that stuff to HDD. Now the lineage client suddenly has half of his guts in RAM and the other half somewhere on the disk. So it panicks whenever it tries to use or call a function that has been moved from ram, and does the only thing it knows when this occurs: "The client will be closed." :)

The blame is on Microsoft, Valve and the Korean NC. All 3 for shitty coding practices :)

I just remembered CS is pretty HDD hungry so another possible explanation is that the l2 client tried to load some data from the HDD but it couldn't get it in time since it was already being hammered by CS (loading maps or whatever), so it panicked and dcd-ed.

4 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

I just remembered CS is pretty HDD hungry so another possible explanation is that the l2 client tried to load some data from the HDD but it couldn't get it in time since it was already being hammered by CS (loading maps or whatever), so it panicked and dcd-ed.

Did you not read my reply I get disconnected daily while I go afk in shops for 30mins or something. And when I come back to computer and try to move I get dced. 

14 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

It's none of that.

If you were a little less careless you'd have learned in your lifetime about how windows pages ram. In simple words, windows will prioritize the active window, only. Meaning it will allocate ram to CS, and since it's CS, it will allocate a lot of ram to CS :). Now depending on how many other applications you have open, and how many other applications you have recently opened and closed (most of their stuff will remain cached in ram), windows will decide by itself if it wants to move some of the current open applications from RAM to HDD (the page file).

In your case, windows saw those monstruous l2.bin things eating 800-1.5GB RAM and decided to move a bunch of that stuff to HDD. Now the lineage client suddenly has half of his guts in RAM and the other half somewhere on the disk. So it panicks whenever it tries to use or call a function that has been moved from ram, and does the only thing it knows when this occurs: "The client will be closed." :)

The blame is on Microsoft, Valve and the Korean NC. All 3 for shitty coding practices :)

Your explanation is entirely worthless. It is 2018, nobody uses HDDs anymore. Moreover, explain the several char disconnections over larger periods of time (like 10-50mins for anything from 2 to 7 chars, while others continue being online) - as the disconnection only opens up a dialog* so the resource usage remains unchanged (*and that not always, especially if you aren't actively chatting/clicking in the disconnected window).

Worse yet, when your driver char is disconnected (active window in your terms), while all others keep staying online. That is enough to counter your 100% bs explanation.

Reality is, if you have a 5.4k RPM HDD with OS and L2 on it (e.g. cheap old laptop), then yes, even teleporting is a game of luck as to whether or not you'll get kicked (the RAM amount or how many clients you have open doesn't really matter).

2 minutes ago, Devoid said:

Your explanation is entirely worthless. It is 2018, nobody uses HDDs anymore. Moreover, explain the several char disconnections over larger periods of time (like 10-50mins for anything from 2 to 7 chars, while others continue being online) - as the disconnection only opens up a dialog* so the resource usage remains unchanged (*and that not always, especially if you aren't actively chatting/clicking in the disconnected window).

Worse yet, when your driver char is disconnected, while all others keep staying online. That is enough to counter your 100% bs explanation.

Thank you. I'm one of those ppl thst get dced often when I'm afk in shops for over 15 mins or so 

1 minute ago, Devoid said:

Worse yet, when your driver char is disconnected, while all others keep staying online. That is enough to counter your 100% bs explanation.

First learn how computers work buddy :))

Even your fancy boy SSD is still slower than RAM, and it still has a fixed bandwidth bus. Windows does a great job at smoothing your hardware's limitations. And it does that by caching a shitload of crap in RAM. Both CS and L2 are coded poorly. The first is a HDD/RAM hungry behemoth, the second panicks whenever something unexpected happens.

Besides, from experience, the most fancy PC parts, have also the most bug ridden drivers. There you go, one more reason for L2 to panic :) 

1 minute ago, Ceylon said:

First learn how computers work buddy :))

Even your fancy boy SSD is still slower than RAM, and it still has a fixed bandwidth bus. Windows does a great job at smoothing your hardware's limitations. And it does that by caching a shitload of crap in RAM. Both CS and L2 are coded poorly. The first is a HDD/RAM hungry behemoth, the second panicks whenever something unexpected happens.

Besides, from experience, the most fancy PC parts, have also the most bug ridden drivers. There you go, one more reason for L2 to panic :) 

So thats why we're all getting dced after 10-50 mins? I think not. 

8 minutes ago, Euthanaisa said:

Thank you. I'm one of those ppl thst get dced often when I'm afk in shops for over 15 mins or so 

I'm playing from Moldova for almost 2 years, first on live, now on classic. If I do I traceroute from my end, I see my connection jumping through 18-22 nodes.

I only get disconnected when my windows strarts to page. Other than that, I usually keep 2 boxes open anywhere between 10-30 hours ;)

23 minutes ago, Ceylon said:

I'm playing from Moldova for almost 2 years, first on live, now on classic. If I do I traceroute from my end, I see my connection jumping through 18-22 nodes.

I only get disconnected when my windows strarts to page. Other than that, I usually keep 2 boxes open anywhere between 10-30 hours ;)

I am playing the Texas servers for more than 7 years now and besides the standard few-hours-post-maintenance superlag-that-disappears-immediately-after-you-do-char-restart-and-only-affects-one-char I noticed a certain pattern.

I always run at least 2 boxes on LIVE to make adena from clueless people with 900% margin (buy for 1, sell for 10 kind of stuff). In a typical week, I never get disconnected. These normal environmental conditions can last for very long continuous periods, like 6 months or even more (login all boxes after maintenance, dc on maintenance start, seeing the system message(s) about X seconds until server down). However, even over those periods some people will still write threads (in the deleted forum) how they seem to get individual characters disconnected randomly in week A or week C. The replies usually are some people claiming the same is happening to them, others (including me) reporting that weeks A and C were fine for us.

Unfortunately, after a long streak of no issues there always comes a period of time where you get the short end of the stick. It hardly ever lasts for a month or more. In these cases, you can see, how overnight/overday your characters keep getting disconnected (sometimes up to the last one around or even after you wake up):
01:10 AM
01:36 AM
02:55 AM
03:07 AM
03:17 AM
03:45 AM
05:10 AM
05:12 AM
05:25 AM
[…]
(indicators of when individual TCP connections related to your characters die)

Writing a thread in the forums usually result in responses claiming that others are OK (especially those who were not okay on weeks A and/or C - when you were OK). In certain cases, these random DCs can plague you (or others except you) even daily - needing to rebox, say, a third to two thirds of your chars per day.

Then, after one of the maintenances, things go back to normal again, for another streak of months with no issues.

And finally, sorry, but in my case, paging has nothing to do with anything. Plus, it is 2018. If you still use your 8GB RAM computer from 2010-12, you should be aware that due to customer experience improvements and extra features being added to software, 8GB is only enough to open up several tabs in a web browser nowadays. I don't have a computer at hand that has less than 16 GB RAM (the oldest, dated 2013), nor a HDD in it.

i5 5200U, 8GB, 1TB HDD, GF GTX850M, 3 clients(windowed, for convenience) on medium settings running on wireless on average 48h straight(5-6 hours grind, rest shop and/or fishing), laptop restart approx every 2 days. No lags & no DC beside 1 time since the classic launched....

Let's also remember that this is the internet. Just because you can access Teamspeak and not L2 it means it's a routing problem, not their servers. Since you're going through a bunch of hops to get to those servers, the problem could be on one of those hops. I don't see how this has to do with NCSoft's professionalism.

2 hours ago, Euthanaisa said:

¿No leyó mi respuesta? Me desconecto todos los días mientras voy a las tiendas por 30 minutos o algo así. Y cuando vuelvo a la computadora y trato de moverme, me arrepiento. 

it happens to me exactly the same, I can not leave the character for more than 30 min in a city because it disconnects me.

• Amraith changed the title to thanks again for you unproffsionalism
2 hours ago, Euthanaisa said:

So thats why we're all getting dced after 10-50 mins? I think not. 

Some one offered a reasonable explanation with a clear understanding of how computers work? You say there is a chance it is NOT NCSoft's fault??
Nah, that cant be it..

• Hime locked this topic

Archived