Bot Reporting

Moongem

47 minutes ago, existenz said:

apparently this will end up so bad in the coming months that it will be stupid decision to continue support the game

lal, you don't support any game really. They will survive with or without you.

If you're not satisfied with the service provided, either take a break until things get a bit better or at least don't push yourself.

Hello,

I would not like to waste your time so i ll express my one and only thought about (freakin) botting.

Why, the hell, you dont restart classic server's for just a ''refreshing''? I mean, you only drop down servers for maintenance every week or 10 days.

You could , really easily and takes no time, to drop the classic servers down 2 or 3 times per day, with 2 pre-minute warning, to force the bot to disconnect, since you cant do nothing yet at this moment for bots according to your community, to us.( More free space for queue issue e.t.c. , and you temporary kill bots and help the active community) 

I dont think that the active players of  your classic servers will have any problem to relog after a simple restart.

Thanks in advance, someday.

wrong... completely wrong

1. Servers can't be restarted everyday. What about shops? what about people that goes to work and leave shops selling/buying stuff?

2. Good bots have auto connect. You have doubts? Go to Ant Nest before server restarts and check it when it goes online again.

3. There are already 123443290438290*10000 posts about BOTS, GMs know already about this "issue" that lasts for 14 years. If they want to do something about it they can, there are multiple suggestions around forums that could easily solve the BOTS issue but definitely spamming server restarts won't help it for sure and would make players angry

I like to play the game live on multiple characters at a time. I am being constantly harassed by ignorant jerks that just hit the report button on me without so much as a word to confirm anything.

@Juji
I want the bot report system updated 

If you report a bot that is a bot, you receive a reward a week later after confirmation and banning of the bot. IE 1 hour worth of exp/sp/adena(or a buff that would provide 2x rates for 1 hour that stacks with everything) from the location the report occurred to simulate what you would have been able to acquire had the bot not been in your hunting location.

If you report a bot that is not a bot, you receive a death penalty/xp loss, PK Karma, or account suspension depending on if the player was abusing the system or just ignorant. The reported player would receive a gift for their troubles. A player found to be intentionally attempting to receive gifts would be grounds for account removal, or deletion of their main weapon/boss jewels

This system would encourage players to actively seek out and communicate, confirming that a bot is in fact a bot before reporting.

NCsoft needs to be more active in level 1-20 areas. There are some bots are only active for 1 day to reach level 10 or 20 before being placed into a queue for the IRL trade spammers. 

I am one player's opinion for a possible solution, please discuss improvements to this system in ways that NCsoft can implement.

• Moderators

Greetings everyone,

We appreciate all your feedback and have taken the liberty to merge threads on this topic to make it easier for us to collect said feedback and forward it to the appropriate team members.

As a quick reminder, please use the submit ticket option to report suspicious behavior in game, instead of posting links with names on the forum, as that violates our Code of Conduct. By submitting a ticket, you give the Support team the chance to collect the information they need to investigate this issue accordingly.

Thank you!

this issue is botherin' me so much too. i do work and when i come back from work 2-3h of play time all i see bots around.. i paid lvl 4 vip twice to have dualbox buffer just for bots to ks or take whole area undercontrol without effort? im not saying u have to do this and that.. whatever u do will effect bad other ppls who are playing but at least u can have active gms one or two who can check the farming areas tho' u can find and ban bots.. at the weekend i wanted to play with my friends and we went to exp in forgotten temple... gues what? all rooms were taken by bots.. that made already 4 of my friend quit the server.. and im barely stayin' untill my vip expires most probably i will quit too.. nc soft doesnt even see loosing people who actually supports and pay for server to be alive tho' keep ignoring bots.. maybe bots can pay ur salaries later on

29 minutes ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everyone,

We appreciate all your feedback and have taken the liberty to merge threads on this topic to make it easier for us to collect said feedback and forward it to the appropriate team members.

As a quick reminder, please use the submit ticket option to report suspicious behavior in game, instead of posting links with names on the forum, as that violates our Code of Conduct. By submitting a ticket, you give the Support team the chance to collect the information they need to investigate this issue accordingly.

Thank you!

"submit a ticket and wait"

This would be fine for players that are using cheat programs while they are actively playing. Such players are completely uneffected by your CAPTCHA checks and can take weeks or months to confirm the 3rd party use. 

Support tickets are far too slow for the majority of afk bots we have to deal with right now. The bot report system will be able to deal with automated players on mass and within minutes if they are taken seriously. Penalties for wrong use and rewards for cleaning the server encourage players to help keep the game free of overly invasive bots.

Not all classic servers are filled with bots, just the ones run by NCSoft(NCWest) themselves.

Illegal servers mostly do not have this issue.  Mainly because it's apparent that one dev in his spare time can make permanent solutions when an entire multi-million dollar company can't.

1 hour ago, VincentColpa said:

wrong... completely wrong

1. Servers can't be restarted everyday. What about shops? what about people that goes to work and leave shops selling/buying stuff?

2. Good bots have auto connect. You have doubts? Go to Ant Nest before server restarts and check it when it goes online again.

3. There are already 123443290438290*10000 posts about BOTS, GMs know already about this "issue" that lasts for 14 years. If they want to do something about it they can, there are multiple suggestions around forums that could easily solve the BOTS issue but definitely spamming server restarts won't help it for sure and would make players angry

1. agree

2. add captcha after character screen or in launcher or both. do something so they cant auto login again. 

3. agree

1 hour ago, Gauge said:

Illegal servers mostly do not have this issue.  Mainly because it's apparent that one dev in his spare time can make permanent solutions when an entire multi-million dollar company can't.

You mean those servers that are trash-tier (that nobody cares about). Any at least a little bit more prominent i. servers do have adena sellers, and, in turn, bots. Even those with high-tier anti-botting solutions like gamecoast

This is actually a fallacy.  Only a small minority of people need to purchase in game money for these game farms to consider it profitable.  They aren't just just running lineage 2.  Running instances of games and getting in game money through botting is virtually costless for them.  Losing a single sale is the least common denominator for their profits, not the amount of bots or in game currency.

Extrapolate that over many games.  Yes, from an economical perspective if NO ONE bought in game money, there would be less, but there would likely be at least a handful sitting there spamming for just the potential of the sale, because it costs them so little money that a single potential sale is worth the effort.  To eliminate it entirely through your means there would have to be literally no market for it, in ANY GAME, not just lineage 2.  These sellers aren't managing the market from a specific game, they manage it at a much more abstract level.  The return on investment when you consider electricity and the cost of in game money is better than cryptocurrency, consider that.

It's amazing how many economic claims are made based on "common sense" that are completely inaccurate.  I agree with you that your claim is "common sense", but not all common sense things are true.

2 hours ago, PhoenixMitra said:

Greetings everyone,

Thank you!

lineage 2 is 10 years+ game.. all players here are grownup working peoples. are u simply telling me after u paid ur subscribtion to play the game (vip lvl4).. u have daily 3h of play time but "c'mon dont play start sending tickets waste ur time after bots so we will see if we do something about it?.. you dont need chance to collect the information simply put one or two active ingame gms.. someone who check farming areas who can attent to the game

1 hour ago, canercakir said:

lineage 2 is 10 years+ game.. all players here are grownup working peoples. are u simply telling me after u paid ur subscribtion to play the game (vip lvl4).. u have daily 3h of play time but "c'mon dont play start sending tickets waste ur time after bots so we will see if we do something about it?.. you dont need chance to collect the information simply put one or two active ingame gms.. someone who check farming areas who can attent to the game

don't bother... they cant do anything because koreans dont care.

They can add mechanisms that actual players can fight back to the bot invasion but they will not do anything

and this debuff that they get from reporting is so stupid

Best example is that this gms like @Hime or @Juji not even respond to this botting problem.

it just shows that this company doesnt give a single f*** for his customers, every town i port in i need to bleep block 100000000000 spammers before i can even do anything else and this is everyday.

1 singe live gm in the game blocking the ip of those spammers, but hell no why we should spend money for a live gm.

My friend was waiting 8 hours yesterday to log in, but hey better dont ban this full bot groups in gordonflower garden, or if you port mdt there is infront of it botting a group.

Cruma bot swamp i call it, cause i swear there is maybe 2 people who playing and all others are on bots. But dont ban them, its still $$$$$$ for you, i wonder how long it takes until the cash shop is getting the first p2win items like those on the old l2 servers.

@Hime @Juji but hey keep doing your things, You know that people are pissed about bots and spammer and you have 0 respect for them, because you dont even try to do anything again it. I just remember old times on Teon and l8er on the old l2 servers.....they are flooded with bots and it was the same you did absolute NOTHING.

But hey lets put some more items in the cash shop, to get as much money you can.

On 10/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, Yadras said:

Can't they just IP ban and restrict vpn?

1st time suspected give 1 day suspend.

2nd time give 7 day suspend.

3rd time give 30 day suspend.

4th time permanent ban.

I really would like to stay longer and spend money on NC but I've just about had it because of the bots.

agree about IP BAN of VPNs

reasons? in DIABLO 2 vpns were used for botters, this made blizzard went crazy, and when they did a banwave, they banned legit people because legit people used too VPN

then blizzard didnt restricted VPN access, but adviced " if you use VPN to log in, you could be banned " and worked, legit people didnt use VPN anymore, and bots got ban

but after that, bots decode the legit cd keys, and returned, then many people lost their cd keys 16 digit lol

anyway, blizzard never stopped the botters, but diablo 2 is different, you can log in in a 8 players games, and never make contact with the botters

and lienage 2 is an open world, you are making contact wiht botters, want or not it

then VPN should be restricted, and as you say, a IP BAN RANGE, but problem here, is when the botters will generate again " legit IPs" botters knows how to change it fast, even with a ISP STATIC IP, they can bug the ISP, and generate a new IP, in less than 1 minute, basic networking tricks

if you want a solution to the botters, you will need programming a system in the loader, to check actions and delays, and with this loader will analyze the traffic of each IP, if matchs with a robotic loop, perfect times, will be automaticly banned

problem with this, will work only with people close to the server, for the low tracert, and will fail with the VPN people, or around far places in the world, for the big variety of MS, but could work at last for ban botters living close to the servers

another solution, is what people is doing, reporting, and letting the GMs check logs

On 10/30/2018 at 7:58 PM, Gauge said:

Not all classic servers are filled with bots, just the ones run by NCSoft(NCWest) themselves.

every server have this issues. problem is this server is RMT heaven with the f2p. its waste of money for ncsoft to develop new protection . it will get bypassed within days or even hours.
the only way is active GMs to "clean em" .   
also the biggest RMT is comming from the mage aoe parties . not the bots .  bots are just small fishes .

they sold some Eminence bows for 800 usd each!!!! selling samurai swords  too , C jewels, ava/zubei Hvy and so on ....  they even have 40kk adena in stock LOL or maybe u htink its the bots at 20 lvl zones or spider quest scripts? 

guess where they drop? DV drakes/maidens/keepers . 1 week ago there was only 1-2 parrties farming there...
  i dont understand why its so hard to ban the RMTs .  its either staff is lacking gameknowledge or they just dont care.

bots are ruining the 1st impressions of newbies and lowbies that cant play this game  while RMT is ruining the server.  think about it

Archived