pk system is horrible

Tiny

2 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

On the real live servers you did not drop an item if you were PKed. That's why people would use THs and such to mob train people to try to get drops..

You have all kinds of options to deal with outsiders hitting your mob. PVP and PVE based options..

Your opinion sucks and I already covered why. NCsoft agrees.

Well said.

Just now, Jiwan said:

the fact that you found another way doesn't mean the every1 can.I don't have problems adapting as you say, im just trying to show you that there are many examples that the opposite side can exploit the system just like the part of your post that you say i ingnored

Except everyone can....You just have to not be lazy and go looking. Or you could just use one of the resources available via google to find other spawn locations. I did the scavenger quest and the mobs are all over the place. The exploit you're pointing out isn't an exploit it's you being lazy and refusing to move.

I already showed you how your change would destroy the game. There is already a variation of this occurring on some of the russian servers where areas are locked down because CPs are using high level reds to extort money out of people.

16 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

On the real live servers you did not drop an item if you were PKed. That's why people would use THs and such to mob train people to try to get drops..

You have all kinds of options to deal with outsiders hitting your mob. PVP and PVE based options..

Your opinion sucks and I already covered why. NCsoft agrees.

Yea, you did drop items if you were a pker on the original L2 servers. Why do you think people ran around with 50+ maps in their inventory? Now they have it to where you need to have 4+ pk to drop an item, while a non-pker wont drop anything on death.

13 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Except everyone can....You just have to not be lazy and go looking. Or you could just use one of the resources available via google to find other spawn locations. I did the scavenger quest and the mobs are all over the place. The exploit you're pointing out isn't an exploit it's you being lazy and refusing to move.

I already showed you how your change would destroy the game. There is already a variation of this occurring on some of the russian servers where areas are locked down because CPs are using high level reds to extort money out of people.

He's right, CPs will have a 70+ pker standing around extorting money from those who wish to hunt.

2 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Yea, you did drop items if you were a pker on the original L2 servers. Why do you think people ran around with 50+ maps in their inventory? Now they have it to where you need to have 4+ pk to drop an item, while a non-pker wont drop anything on death.

They ran around with 50 maps because people would mob train others to get them to die or trying a new area could cause a death? I was PKed a ton in the prelude through chronicle era and I never dropped an item. I did drop items to mobs... I mean seriously that would of made PKing profitable and it would of been one hell of a problem.

Are you seriously trying to claim that people would drop gear when PVPing because that would of made siege and PVP in general a completely different game then what we had.

1 minute ago, Tool_of_Society said:

They ran around with 50 maps because people would mob train others to get them to die or trying a new area could cause a death? I was PKed a ton in the prelude through chronicle era and I never dropped an item. I did drop items to mobs...

Are you seriously trying to claim that people would drop gear when PVPing because that would of made siege and PVP in general a completely different game then what we had.

I think we're getting crossed, I said if you were a pker, you dropped stuff. Not if you were pk'd. I remember getting pk'd a ton on prelude.... man that sucked.

5 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

I think we're getting crossed, I said if you were a pker, you dropped stuff. Not if you were pk'd. I remember getting pk'd a ton on prelude.... man that sucked.

The person I was responding to said in the old days if you were pked you could/would drop items and I was correcting them. Maybe they played on a illegal server like those that claimed you couldn't setup shops on roads in a different thread...

EDIT : Here's the quote I was responding to.

PK player is another kind of player, i remember in old chronicles when u pk another player there was a possibility that player you killed drop an item

So yeah we got kind of crossed up :P

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

The person I was responding to said in the old days if you were pked you would drop items and I was correcting them. Maybe they played on a illegal server like those that claimed you couldn't setup shops on roads in a different thread...

Maybe, but, no, if you were pk'd, you would never drop anything. I can't even begin to count the number of times some jackass  sorc 10+ lvls higher pk'd my lowbie party of 3 friends back in prelude and c1. We were lvl 24 lol. Of course our clan leader who was low 40s was too much of a carebear to come help us. I'm getting mad thinking about it lol and it was 13-14 years ago.

I was thinking the same way about PK's, this is just SO PVE for classic, but the wrong thing here is that people ain't dropping items if they die from mobs. I mean if someone KSing you, you can find ways to kill him by mobs and lose items so he won't KS you again, now people can trashtalk/KS/being annoying and you have to risk to PK them 

2 minutes ago, SOiL said:

I was thinking the same way about PK's, this is just SO PVE for classic, but the wrong thing here is that people ain't dropping items if they die from mobs. I mean if someone KSing you, you can find ways to kill him by mobs and lose items so he won't KS you again, now people can trashtalk/KS/being annoying and you have to risk to PK them 

Had someone ks me the other day, shot him with an arrow, told him not to ks me again. He decided to instead wait for me to be attacked by a mob, attacked me, I finished the mob and two shot him with the archer. Fun times.

1 minute ago, Arinulis said:

Had someone ks me the other day, shot him with an arrow, told him not to ks me again. He decided to instead wait for me to be attacked by a mob, attacked me, I finished the mob and two shot him with the archer. Fun times.

Well I had a same story but with bananas and he also died twice, was fun yeah, but he can KS you again and you won't be able to PK him again, that's the point. 

7 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Holy cow it's a miracle someone actually found a way to respond without PKing and then running to the forums to demand they ability to PK in safety.....

11 minutes ago, SOiL said:

You know you can just ignore them right? Words only have what meaning you attach to them. OH NO SOME RANDOM DUDE I DON"T KNOW IS SAYING MEAN THINGS OH NO HOW WILL I SURVIVE!!!?

The KS thing can be dealt with but that depends heavily on the situation at hand.

1 hour ago, Jiwan said:

and what do you smart sir do when some1 agros 10 mobs ,comes next to you and relogs so all these mobs agro you?

You stop attacking your mobs so the train mobs don't aggro you.  This is basic L2 knowledge and if you keep attacking your mobs while a train is going by then you deserve to die.

11 minutes ago, SOiL said:

Well I had a same story but with bananas and he also died twice, was fun yeah, but he can KS you again and you won't be able to PK him again, that's the point. 

Let him continue to ks, hit him with a warning shot, maybe you'll get lucky, he'll flag and you'll destroy him.

Just now, Arinulis said:

Let him continue to ks, hit him with a warning shot, maybe you'll get lucky, he'll flag and you'll destroy him.

Most people just say, PK me if you want. Since we're melee party, mages can easily KS. But whatever, I hope in higher lvls people will have more IQ than in 45s atm

22 minutes ago, SOiL said:

Most people just say, PK me if you want. Since we're melee party, mages can easily KS. But whatever, I hope in higher lvls people will have more IQ than in 45s atm

Roll you a pk toon, that's my plan. To have a permared pk toon lol.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:17 PM, Tiny said:

the current pk system is horrible and only instigates ksing and griefing with no repercussions. @Himeor @Juji is there a way to add pk scrolls to the NC store. I would buy s 100 right now. I am sure hundreds of people would also. a great opportunity for ncsoft to make additional money.???

Yea...this really isn't the hardcore game I had expected, tbh, the system is carebear as hell...Karma is insane and the war system is a joke as guilds just don't accept...

I pked 2 people in this game.  1 was a mage stealing my mobs i flagged and he laughed at me and demanded I kill him so I did.  The other resulted from fighting over a grind spot with a ranger and his friend.  He knows who he is!  Thats my two instances in a month.  Both were around level 20.  Ive killed probably 2 other people in this game since then in pvp.  I basically refuse to flag anymore because its not worth spending 330k to remove pk points, the karma and xp I couldnt care less about but spending 330k so my 1.5mil weapon I dont lose isn't worth fighting.

I came to L2 Classic because I was told this game was all about pvp.  I don't care about what things were, or what they should be.  This game has no pvp at its current state.  

2 hours ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Killing someone who isn't fighting back was never PVP.. Everything you have described has existed in the game since beta.

I see PVP at least once a day when I'm out grinding. Real pvp where people flag and fight it out.

Oh i get it, you are one of those guys that is just going to defend a shit system...makes sense.  No one cares what pvp is, it's about controlling areas being able to play the game and fighting for spots.  When someone can come in and resist stuns and not fight and just overtake mobs because of their class...you want to be able to kill them.  Call it what you wish...

Archived