Forums

Why they let Top d weapon from halloween event tradeable?

kwisnure

11 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Well there could be quite the argument there as in your scenario it's not pumping adena in so much as removing a possible adena sink in one case. Removing a sink isn't the same as pumping money into the economy as claimed by the person I was responding to. Now you could argue that the net effect is the same and that would be the road for the long argument to begin lol.

Since the weapons provided can be sold to shop for More than 1kk, the event IS pumping adena (or value if you prefer that word) into a limited part of the playerbase, that otherwise (naturally) wouldnt have it.

2 minutes ago, Ericcb said:

Since the weapons provided can be sold to shop for More than 1kk, the event IS pumping adena (or value if you prefer that word) into a limited part of the playerbase, that otherwise (naturally) wouldnt have it.

So are item drops which drop a vastly higher rate than what the boxes are adding to the economy. Even using your standard there is no way that tiny amount added would be considered "pumping adena into the economy" as originally claimed. You could call it a tiny trickle if you want.  This is all assuming the few people who get a D weapon would be so dumb as to immediately sell it to the NPC. Since the vast majority are not that dumb then it's even tinier of an addition.

lol, in few feeks when people move from D to C and their weapons will have no chance to be sold, what do you thing they will do, keep all D grade stuff, when they desperately need C grade ? Of course they will sell it cheap and dwarves will burn it into crystals. Most od D stuff will end crystalized. You must be greatly rich if you can keep all stuff forever. 

1 minute ago, Ericcb said:

Since the weapons provided will be overenchanted, which means cheaper crystals, which means cheaper shots, which means more adena spent on soul/spirit ore, the event may as well be removing adena from the circulation.

2 minutes ago, Miki said:

lol, in few feeks when people move from D to C and their weapons will have no chance to be sold, what do you thing they will do, keep all D grade stuff, when they desperately need C grade ? Of course they will sell it cheap and dwarves will burn it into crystals. Most od D stuff will end crystalized. You must be greatly rich if you can keep all stuff forever. 

That has nothing to do with selling d grade to NPCs...

EDIT : As stated above a lot of them will become fodder for dat OE which everyone loves. I'd rather have an OE D grade than a normal non SA C grade. Shots are much cheaper and the damage can be the same.

EDIT : As stated above a lot of them will become fodder for dat OE which everyone loves. I'd rather have an OE D grade than a normal non SA C grade. Shots are much cheaper and the damage can be the same.

I totally agree with you on this, lets hope others will see it this way too :D. 

5 minutes ago, Miki said:

I totally agree with you on this, lets hope others will see it this way too :D. 

The drop rate for d grade from the box event is extremely tiny. I've been doing it every day with 9 accounts and have yet to see anything. The discord server has hundreds of people in it at any point and there's only been a couple screenshots posted there of someone getting a d grade weapon.

32 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Well there could be quite the argument there as in your scenario it's not pumping adena in so much as removing a possible adena sink in one case. Removing a sink isn't the same as pumping money into the economy as claimed by the person I was responding to. Now you could argue that the net effect is the same and that would be the road for the long argument to begin lol.

You are just triying to correct what I write with the same argument lol. You really live up to your name :P jk

First, I have VIP 3 in a single account .. it seems that the only thing that interests you is the pocket of others. The maximum allowed by IP, should be 2.

second. you are the ones that congest the login .. a single person that uses 10 accounts. pff .. ridiculous. regardless if you paid for them or not ..

10 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

So are item drops which drop a vastly higher rate than what the boxes are adding to the economy. Even using your standard there is no way that tiny amount added would be considered "pumping adena into the economy" as originally claimed. You could call it a tiny trickle if you want.  This is all assuming the few people who get a D weapon would be so dumb as to immediately sell it to the NPC. Since the vast majority are not that dumb then it's even tinier of an addition.

If you are displeased with the mob drop rates, thats another topic. The event is undeniably spawning ítems in the world for free (it doesnt even require you to be active). Im not saying that people will sell to npc, but even if they did, they would be getting that value just for logging in. And mate, if you were to check the cities and hunting grounds, you would see hundreds of top D weapons that came out of nowhere. Pumping = artificially introducing, which has definitely happened here

6 minutes ago, Volgdroom said:

First, I have VIP 3 in a single account .. it seems that the only thing that interests you is the pocket of others. The maximum allowed by IP, should be 2.

OKay you are woefully uninformed. First off I'd get around that in about 30 seconds. Second off you'd end up stopping A LOT of people from playing including familes.

Start here with your education on the subject. This will give you a good idea of why your suggestion is bad.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation

6 minutes ago, Ericcb said:

If you are displeased with the mob drop rates, thats another topic. The event is undeniably spawning ítems in the world for free (it doesnt even require you to be active). Im not saying that people will sell to npc, but even if they did, they would be getting that value just for logging in. And mate, if you were to check the cities and hunting grounds, you would see hundreds of top D weapons that came out of nowhere. Pumping = artificially introducing, which has definitely happened here

I'm not displeased I stated that the rate of D weapons being added by the boxes is extremely tiny compared to what drops from the world are adding. 

The closest definition for pumping would be = fill (something such as a tire or balloon) with liquid or gas using a pump. The economy is not being filled because a few people have managed to get D grade weapons from the boxes.

For some reason the forum is underlining everything I type now argh...

Having items that are tradeable from events makes playing this game worthwhile to me. I hated, with a passion, the events where the prizes were not tradeable. That, and the death of crafting, took the majority of the fun out of playing this game and were major reasons I stopped playing this game years ago. Then they started merging all the classes and it just became, well, boring and pointless. Yes, some may profit more than others, but in the long run who cares. Removing these parts of the games in an ill attempt to level the playing field, just doesn't work and comes at the expense of the best part of playing this game, IMHO.

So if they start doing events where we are back to non-tradeable event items, then I dont see me playing this anymore. Crafting and being able to buy and sell items, whether its a drop or prize, is what makes Lineage 2 special to me. 

19 hours ago, kwisnure said:

due to the economy right now, and the drop rate 40+, this is the worst case scenario to destroy the economy so fast. the players who can afford to have 10+ more clients in the same times, get better rng to get random d-weapon box while normal people who only open 3 clients barely get one. 

so what's the point to make it only tradable thing while other rewards is not tradable. really disappointed of this one, in 2 weeks you will see a wealthy player from selling these without grinding as usual.  

Normal people use 1 box...

Archived