Jump to content
Forums

Why they let Top d weapon from halloween event tradeable?


Recommended Posts

due to the economy right now, and the drop rate 40+, this is the worst case scenario to destroy the economy so fast. the players who can afford to have 10+ more clients in the same times, get better rng to get random d-weapon box while normal people who only open 3 clients barely get one. 

so what's the point to make it only tradable thing while other rewards is not tradable. really disappointed of this one, in 2 weeks you will see a wealthy player from selling these without grinding as usual.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite aspects of L2 was the spoil/craft/economic system.

With the three boxes, Ive already attained 2x top D weapons and event still is only 1/3 of the way through. 

I kinda feel conflicted, not knowing if Im happy about it lol. I dont feel as though I rightfully earned it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smashthatbass said:

My favorite aspects of L2 was the spoil/craft/economic system.

With the three boxes, Ive already attained 2x top D weapons and event still is only 1/3 of the way through. 

I kinda feel conflicted, not knowing if Im happy about it lol. I dont feel as though I rightfully earned it at all.

If you are not happy with it you can toss it to the trash can icon on your inventory or mail it to one of my characters, they are accepting payment :D 

For the record... before they "fix" the "we dont realize adena was wrong on c-grade areas"  they toss some top d weapons to boost their sells on D-shots. .... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

the more weapons there are the better for you, more adena for the people less for shops

This of course isn't entirely true, if you are pumping market with weapons from event, you are of course lowering their price for little while, but you also pump more currency into market as weapons (or crystals) are worth something, too much currency from nowhere isn't good for economy, people who got money from this  event will be eventually able and willing to pay higher prices for non-shop items like materials and so, which will increase their price and that will be bad for people who did not make money from this event. Also please mind, that as it of course lowers price of top D weapons from event , it also lowers prices of items which people already bought from shops for hardly earned money from grinding.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Miki said:

This of course isn't entirely true, if you are pumping market with weapons from event, you are of course lowering their price for little while, but you also pump more currency into market as weapons (or crystals) are worth something, too much currency from nowhere isn't good for economy, people who got money from this  event will be eventually able and willing to pay higher prices for non-shop items like materials and so, which will increase their price and that will be bad for people who did not make money from this event. Also please mind, that as it of course lowers price of top D weapons from event , it also lowers prices of items which people already bought from shops for hardly earned money from grinding.

The boxes are not giving currency so there is no currency being pumped into the market from the event...

I love how you assume everyone else is going to be a moron and overpay because ummm reasons...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

The boxes are not giving currency so there is no currency being pumped into the market from the event...

I love how you assume everyone else is going to be a moron and overpay because ummm reasons...

Please read up again , I did not say anything about event giving out adena, but weapons are worth something doesn't matter if adena or crystals so you are indeed pumping adena into world, and I did not generalize everyone being moron, still there is a lot of people, who don't care about going fast up even for high costs.

I personally think, that people should not be awarded for creating more accounts (getting char to level 20 takes 2-3 hours ?) and doing nothing (sitting afk in towns) .

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Miki said:

Please read up again , I did not say anything about event giving out adena, but weapons are worth something doesn't matter if adena or crystals so you are indeed pumping adena into world, and I did not generalize everyone being moron, still there is a lot of people, who don't care about going fast up even for high costs.

I personally think, that people should not be awarded for creating more accounts (getting char to level 20 takes 2-3 hours ?) and doing nothing (sitting afk in towns) .

Yet you keep saying that the event is "pumping adena into the world" which it isn't. The event isn't giving away adena so stop trying to claim it's pumping adena into the world....

You cannot even grasp basic economic concepts...

 

Quote

Im happy with my TOP-D but this is going to be so irelevant in 2 weeks or so...

Yup. Short term though it's helping out people by depressing prices a little for top d grade weapons. That's a good thing for the non hardcore players who don't have a CP. Long term it doesn't matter because inevitably there will be a glut of D grade weapons on the market as people push into C and higher.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 chars whole party, best reward was 1 EWD. So getting 2 weapons with 3 chars, you're pretty lucky man.. Btw you're right, PRETTY bad they added top D weapons in not even 1 month alive server, it's like the moon armors and even worse which should exist in later game for newcomers and not in start cause other D armors are useless and destroy the economy. So far bad choices from NCSoft and stupid bugs like the adena at 40+ areas. Let's see..

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

Yet you keep saying that the event is "pumping adena into the world" which it isn't. The event isn't giving away adena so stop trying to claim it's pumping adena into the world....

You cannot even grasp basic economic concepts...

 

Yup. Short term though it's helping out people by depressing prices a little for top d grade weapons. That's a good thing for the non hardcore players who don't have a CP. Long term it doesn't matter because inevitably there will be a glut of D grade weapons on the market as people push into C and higher.

Okay you're technically wrong on the first part. While it would be stupid to do so anyone could sell the top D wep to a shop and it would generate adena. I really can't imagine someone doing that but again, technically it could happen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sinkest said:

Okay you're technically wrong on the first part. While it would be stupid to do so anyone could sell the top D wep to a shop and it would generate adena. I really can't imagine someone doing that but again, technically it could happen. 

Okay I'll give you that technicality as it just didn't occur to me that someone would be that colossally stupid to do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The even Is pumping adena into the world, indirectly ofc. This happens because instead of burning 1.5kk adena from weapon shop in giran, you get a weapon that you can sell to people. So this is like +1.5kk pump so to speak. But I dont think there is an issue with this honestly, and I dont think just because someone saved 1.5kk will overpay and bring prices up. If they overpay the money will go to soemone else that might not overpay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

Okay I'll give you that technicality as it just didn't occur to me that someone would be that colossally stupid to do so.

I don't know man. I've met some extremely stupid people on L2 over the last decade lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

What are you going to argue that an IP based limit is a smart idea? Because the only way you can think that is if you're ... woefully uninformed...

Nah I was focused on the "You only play because I pay" statement. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wealthy said:

The even Is pumping adena into the world, indirectly ofc. This happens because instead of burning 1.5kk adena from weapon shop in giran, you get a weapon that you can sell to people. So this is like +1.5kk pump so to speak. But I dont think there is an issue with this honestly, and I dont think just because someone saved 1.5kk will overpay and bring prices up. If they overpay the money will go to soemone else that might not overpay.

Well there could be quite the argument there as in your scenario it's not pumping adena in so much as removing a possible adena sink in one case. Removing a sink isn't the same as pumping money into the economy as claimed by the person I was responding to. Now you could argue that the net effect is the same and that would be the road for the long argument to begin lol.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sinkest said:

Nah I was focused on the "You only play because I pay" statement. 

 THen you were ignoring why I called him woefully uninformed.

 

Someone has to pay if you want the servers to keep running. Being a freeloader and complaining about those that choose to pay is just silly. Especially when he/she has the choice to change servers and never have to worry about a queue again.

EDIT : The name was a realization of reality when I was in highschool and basically just stuck around since then in old games like L2. One could say I was inspired by the meaning behind the band name "Tool" for that.

Edited by Tool_of_Society
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tool_of_Society said:

 THen you were ignoring why I called him woefully uninformed.

 

Someone has to pay if you want the servers to keep running. Being a freeloader and complaining about those that choose to pay is just silly. Especially when he/she has the choice to change servers and never have to worry about a queue again.

Where exactly did he say he hasn't put any money into the game? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...