Classic Server Maintenance: Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Hime

someone can clarify this? its normal that adena has no 100% drop chance? i always knew that the only thing with 100z% drop after killing a mob is adena.

but ive founds some mobs that sometimes doesnt drop anything at all.

i made a support ticket about it, and they told me its intended. @Juji

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LAOPE said:

someone can clarify this? its normal that adena has no 100% drop chance? i always knew that the only thing with 100z% drop after killing a mob is adena.

It's 70% adena drop.

@LAOPEHey mate, the adena drop was never 100% chance - I believe it's around 70% per mob for it to actually drop the adena.

The adena count is the problem they are working on. Some monsters with x4/x5 (5 times the HP) of normal monsters are still dropping the same adena as x1 monsters.

As a whole it feels like the loot db table is a bit of a mess.

You see what it usually contains is the following:

Monster ID - a foreign key pointing towards a specific mob in the database

Item ID - a foreign key pointing towards a specific item in the database

Drop chance - a number value which shows what the chances are for something to drop

Spoil chance - a number value which shows what the chances are for something to spoil out of a mob

Item Count Max/Item Count Min - the maximum and minimum amount of items to be dropped by a monster

It's a many-to-many table so if we're looking at a specific monster with some ID - let's say the Spider is id-ed in the db with the PK 1 (it's the first monster in the monsters table) then it would have the following items:

Iwt3hsS.png

Let's say in the items table the item with id 1 is adena, item with id 2 is thread and item with id 3 is some recipe

This table means that Adena has a 70% chance (0.70) to drop at random between 50 and 130

Thread has a 30% chance to drop between 1 or 2

The rec. can't be dropped but it can be spoiled at a rate of 50%

So what the adena boost maintenance a few weeks ago did was flat out boost amount of adena by some percentage and rates by other.

I feel as though that was not done in accordance to the monster HP values - so if a mob was giving out 50 to 130 it would now be giving 100 to 230 (with a flat 100% increase) at the same rate.

The issue comes that a level 40 mob with x5 hp is 5 times slower to kill than a level 40 mob with x1 hp - and the adena they drop is scaled the same and has the same numbers.

For some reason the initial adena drop was weird as hell so scaling those numbers would do nothing to remedy this issue.

They need to be re-inserted. I mean during the first week orc barracks mobs were dropping 30 adena which was insane. But just boosting the numbers isn't a real solution.

16 hours ago, Hime said:
Other updates and reminders:
  • We are working on the Adena scaling issue after level 40+. You can read the known issue here.

How about DROPS, regular good old DROPS.... farming spellbooks is rediculas, sit there for DAYS and not get even 1 book... shouldnt be like this.

• L2 Team
5 hours ago, LAOPE said:

i made a support ticket about it, and they told me its intended. @Juji

Adena has a 70% chance to drop.

4 hours ago, RedditPolice said:

Gludio 30% exp event for 2 weeks is not working please fix ASAP so we don't loose too much on the event.

Thanks...

@Juji @Hime

5 hours ago, Alcione said:
  • Gludio Server Boosts of XP/SP/Drop Increase +30% will be available for two weeks. Read the details here.

SORRI BUT IN GLUDIO SERVER I'M GETING THE SAME AMMOUNT OF XP/SP THAN BEFORE MAINTENANCE....IF U CAN FIX PLZ, THANKS!!!

The +30% boost is applied for XP/SP/Drops, but you will not see it as a (Bonus) in your system message. The boost settings were deployed during Monday's unscheduled maintenance, but started earlier before the maintenance began today.

On 31/10/2018 at 4:03 PM, Juji said:

Adena has a 70% chance to drop.

The +30% boost is applied for XP/SP/Drops, but you will not see it as a (Bonus) in your system message. The boost settings were deployed during Monday's unscheduled maintenance, but started earlier before the maintenance began today.

Is the bonus still working? I've said in another tread, but I experienced a drop in everything yesterday (exp, sp, adena)

• Hime unpinned this topic

Archived