drop rate l2wiki

acerberos

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lawman said:

Maybe NCWEST could provide a sniffer and build us a database from that. I would be happy to use it. Unless, of course, they don’t want us to know the rates.  Nah, that couldn’t be it. 

This is a genius idea. But, they wont do that. They will not put in the money required for a web app dev to design that and the sniffer to do it. 

On 31/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Arinulis said:

No, back in our day we used the sniffer provided by l2wh, to help them build a drop database. Obviously, if you were here back then you would have known that, but, apparently in your day, l2wh was no longer around.

A little late reply but I was around for L2WH, in fact the creator of it had an alt in our clan on Gustin because we were a smaller server and he was able to do what he needed to without issues.  My clanmates also helped, I didn't personally use the sniffer because of personal choice.  This was in 2006, but it's nice to talk about things and make assumptions, and sound like a jerk, right?

Fact still remains we don't have something to reflect our current version of our classic server and it would be nice to.

10 hours ago, Arinulis said:

That's not why they were detailed. L2wh released a sniffer that was ran beside the l2.exe and sniffed drops from mobs, which is why their drops db was somewhat off.

I was around for that - ran the sniffer for a while, but databases were updated after server files started floating around with 100% concrete information. 

But yes, it would be nice to at least have a drop table. Running a sniffer now would definitely be against TOS and eventually get users banned via the 'protection' software.

You know what's funny?A lot of us probably played on a few..sketchy illegal servers and when an official server opens you think oh well at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.But even in the worst server I've ever played the first thing I saw when I logged on their site were the xp spoil adena rates.
We are playing on the OFFICIAL server and we don't know the RATES! Think about it for a second.
No we don't even need a wiki we just need to know what the rates are and just compare it to the existing wiki.

9 hours ago, iNVI said:

You know what's funny?A lot of us probably played on a few..sketchy illegal servers and when an official server opens you think oh well at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.But even in the worst server I've ever played the first thing I saw when I logged on their site were the xp spoil adena rates.
We are playing on the OFFICIAL server and we don't know the RATES! Think about it for a second.
No we don't even need a wiki we just need to know what the rates are and just compare it to the existing wiki.

There is no "rates" because it's not an illegal server. The numbers here were designed by the developers of the game and not hacked by the "admins".

Is it so hard to understand?

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

There is no "rates" because it's not an illegal server. The numbers here were designed by the developers of the game and not hacked by the "admins".

What you don't understand is that devs themselves put different rates in all their official classic servers...

On 10/31/2018 at 1:18 PM, Arinulis said:

L2wiki is the official wiki for the EU servers, not NA official. They don't have to fix anything. NA needs to give us our own drop database.

what a joke... the only way they add a DB is through subscription!!! AHAH

want to know what mob spoils the item you need? subscribe now for 100$ a month to access our correct rates DB!!!!!!

this NCSoft........

This classic server are worst, than some private classic.

The drop rate still bad(mobs 30 give more adena than 40++) bugs in halloween potions for a week, spoil...........

And this continue bad for a weeks.

I play here ,try enjoy the game with friends , but this is a bad work and all know this.

Drobs are fine but Spoil rate is 4/10 mobs chance ,only bots are giving mats at the market right now .Useless to play a solo spoiler .

The problem is at the spoil rate which is 30-40% per mob ,drobs are ok.

Just play a mage or archer ,you are making more adena .

On 10/31/2018 at 11:32 PM, Sakumi said:

Not having drop rates is OK, but at least knowing what each mob drops and spoils would go a long way. Labeling drops "Common/Uncommon/Rare" would be an OK way not to share the actual percentages. 

for that use L2wiki... drops are correct in there... just the rates are lower m8

On 10/31/2018 at 11:24 PM, Juji said:

Building a wiki database site from scratch is massive undertaking when we still have issues to resolve for both Live and Classic Servers. We have not shared our drop table directly in the past and it is not something HQ has done before either with their powerwiki.

Don't you guys own a type of excel file with the drop info? only like a downloadable file where we could follow some info from the monsters... just drop it to an excel and put it available on a topic in this forum, we would be so happy 9_9

6 minutes ago, VincentColpa said:

Don't you guys own a type of excel file with the drop info? only like a downloadable file where we could follow some info from the monsters... just drop it to an excel and put it available on a topic in this forum, we would be so happy 9_9

No such thing has ever existed.

1 hour ago, VincentColpa said:

surely they could obtain one if they wanted... just get the info from the DB and put it in a file... don't say it never "existed", they never shared that kind of info, which is totally different

There is no DB for that, @Juji clearly stated it. Even the KR powerwiki only has a monster to item and item to monster relation list.

The other thing is that there are at least 5 different ways an item can be dropped from a NPC (excluding spoil), and each of these different ways have their own preconditions on whether an item is selected from them.

E.g. remember event items? Those can drop from all NPCs, including town guards, instanced zone mobs and friendly NPCs.

There's also fortune pockets, another special type of drop, but they are not obtained from all NPCs like event items are.

So even if their proprietary TSV is converted to a CSV with unnecessary columns removed, it would also need a several A4 page document detailing on what items to exclude and how to calculate drop rates for the rest of them. Not to mention someone needs to rewrite the NPC and Item names according to their localized names, then do something about name duplicates, etc. Making the data readable is a time wasting activity, so you can forget it.

2 hours ago, marcysiek said:

Ofcourse they can do everything if they wanted to.. its 100% their game, dont tell me they "can't" do something

It seems like there are localized versions of the game in Europe and North America, both beloging to completely different companies which have purchased a license to the game, which belongs to Korea. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of this situation.

Even here on the forums you can tell that the CMs implicitly state that everything needs to go through the process of being communicated to the parent company, which decides whatever they feel is best for the game, which means that even if NCWest wants something, it may not get it in the end.

3 minutes ago, ragingducks said:

It seems like there are localized versions of the game in Europe and North America, both beloging to completely different companies which have purchased a license to the game, which belongs to Korea. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding of this situation.

Innova is a licensee. NC West is a subsidiary.

2 hours ago, Devoid said:

There is no DB for that, @Juji clearly stated it. Even the KR powerwiki only has a monster to item and item to monster relation list.

The other thing is that there are at least 5 different ways an item can be dropped from a NPC (excluding spoil), and each of these different ways have their own preconditions on whether an item is selected from them.

E.g. remember event items? Those can drop from all NPCs, including town guards, instanced zone mobs and friendly NPCs.

There's also fortune pockets, another special type of drop, but they are not obtained from all NPCs like event items are.

So even if their proprietary TSV is converted to a CSV with unnecessary columns removed, it would also need a several A4 page document detailing on what items to exclude and how to calculate drop rates for the rest of them. Not to mention someone needs to rewrite the NPC and Item names according to their localized names, then do something about name duplicates, etc. Making the data readable is a time wasting activity, so you can forget it.

Respectfully, you've needlessly complicated things.  I'm not interested in event items, at least for this table.  Classic doesn't have fortune pockets, so that is not an issue.  You don't need to explain how the rates are calculated (though that would be nice).  And I'm interested only in base rates, without modification from VIP, scrolls or whatever.  Just calculate and print the rates (and save them to a file). 

I programmed computers back when they filled whole special air conditioned rooms.  I could have written a program to extract such information in 2 hours tops from any system on our computers, if I knew the necessary formulas.  I can't imagine that such things have become harder over the years.

You are right that the calculations can be complex, but anyone who knows them (and the folks on the development team better know them!) can replicate them and produce a flat file and printed report in very little time. The ability to obtain such information is not in doubt.  NCWest's willingness to share such information is another matter completely.

P.S.  I feel sorry for @Juji and @Hime.  I'm guessing their bosses limit the amount of information they can share with us.  @Juji, in particular, was always my favorite CM, because he talked with us and readily shared information.  Now he is either too busy with his expanded duties or limited by his bosses, because he doesn't communicate nearly as much as he used to.

7 hours ago, Krissa said:

Oh come now, surely you know what s/he means.  What percentage of the time does a particular type of mob drop/spoil a particular item, and in what quantity, when killed by a solo player of the same level with no boosts?  

5 minutes ago, Lawman said:

Oh come now, surely you know what s/he means.  What percentage of the time does a particular type of mob drop/spoil a particular item, and in what quantity, when killed by a solo player of the same level with no boosts?  

NCsoft has never published such information.

It is possible that Innova was only allowed to publish this information for their servers because it was different from NCsoft's.

1 minute ago, Krissa said:

NCsoft has never published such information.

It is possible that Innova was only allowed to publish this information for their servers because it was different from NCsoft's.

Given the complete mess they've made of the rates in this particular setting, perhaps they should start!  Honest question, because I don't know the answer, where did the Prima Guide get its information if not from NCSoft?

1 minute ago, Lawman said:

Given the complete mess they've made of the rates in this particular setting, perhaps they should start!  Honest question, because I don't know the answer, where did the Prima Guide get its information if not from NCSoft?

Some people say that Prima got exclusive rights to publish this information and NCsoft is simply not legally allowed to do it on their own.

Anyway, Prima Guide information about drops/spoil was inaccurate.

Archived