Jump to content
Heximus

I don't understand why people keep crying about this game

Recommended Posts

Heximus    2

The title says it all. I was a fan of this game in the old day. I played the old l2 about 15 years ago. In my memory it was a bit less harder but it was still very hard to get C stuff and D stuff. It is fun that way. So i did agree NCSoft has issue with lv 40+ adena (they admitted and they will fix) and they had issue before with spoil/adena before with all the mobs. They already fixed some and continue to fix others , i am happy with how it is. For ppl complaint about how hard it is to grind and to earn adenas, let me ask you this: Are you suppose to lv this fast? I only see the issue with you level too fast and your adena can't keep up with your level. You are not suppose to shortcut the process. If you do then you will suffer the consequences. I spend only 10 hours a week to play because i don't have time anymore as grown up adult. My level is only at 26 right now. However i got 700k and all D gears already from buying and reselling stuff. I didn't even have 50k when i was lv 20. Most of the time i just set up the store to sell and buy stuff. I don't have time to play much but when i do have time i have enough adena to buy shots for me and my summon so that i can lv pretty fast. It is really enjoyable at the current rate. The game is not all about leveling, you wont have enough adena if you just leveling unless you are lucky enough to get expensive drops. You have to spoil/sell-resale/craft/selling-buff/etc .. So find a solution instead of so negative on your post. So i hope everyone enjoy this game as much i do. It is a train back to the past sweet memory :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlademere    22

There is a generation of online players that were not around 15 years ago, because they were not breathing.

Those who are posting every 5 minutes with a new topic about how unfair the game is are the same reason the current MMO market is trash.

NCSoft will hopefully do as they've always done; ignore player feedback outside of KR.

If that's true, then the players who are complaining so damn much will go back to world of warcraft.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SumTingWong    108

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J0nSnow    34
21 minutes ago, Vlademere said:

There is a generation of online players that were not around 15 years ago, because they were not breathing.

Those who are posting every 5 minutes with a new topic about how unfair the game is are the same reason the current MMO market is trash.

NCSoft will hopefully do as they've always done; ignore player feedback outside of KR.

If that's true, then the players who are complaining so damn much will go back to world of warcraft.

Yes these morons are destroying MMOs, bravo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
J0nSnow    34
10 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

This is probably the best post, on any Internet forum, in the past decade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vlademere    22
29 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

Be my friend?

It's an entire population of people who have only played illegal servers. They are used to this manner of play, because there is only one GM, and that person is the sole proprietor of that server so he'll do what he can to get money for 1-6 months. If the server fails, they shut it down. 

Rinse and repeat. These morons go back again and again and it works if they all spam the forum for that server. So they continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coop    3

14 years ago? That time a Korean leveled to 75 with a Gastr bow. And that time the highest level mob is around lvl 60.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawman    147
27 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

I agree with most of this.  However, I understand why people keep bringing up the same topics over and over.  Especially as to rates, the "hardcores" keep claiming there is not enough evidence that the rates are screwed up, as if it weren't patently obvious after level 40.  So several people here (not me because I'm too lazy) have put a fair amount of work into providing that evidence.  

I also don't believe they don't want our suggestions.  It's just important to distinguish between those things they can do themselves (like adjusting the exp rate in the current Gludio event and making teleports free until November 14) and those things they need the developers to do (like offline shop/auction house and automated bot policing).  Even that could be subdivided into easy things the developers might do (add an auction house and make it commission free, at least until the queue problem is solved) and things they probably won't do because they'd take too much work (offline shops, automated bot policing that actually works).  

Still, your point is valid.  Playing is much more fun and useful than complaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SumTingWong    108
15 minutes ago, Lawman said:

I agree with most of this.  However, I understand why people keep bringing up the same topics over and over.  Especially as to rates, the "hardcores" keep claiming there is not enough evidence that the rates are screwed up, as if it weren't patently obvious after level 40.  So several people here (not me because I'm too lazy) have put a fair amount of work into providing that evidence.  

I also don't believe they don't want our suggestions.  It's just important to distinguish between those things they can do themselves (like adjusting the exp rate in the current Gludio event and making teleports free until November 14) and those things they need the developers to do (like offline shop/auction house and automated bot policing).  Even that could be subdivided into easy things the developers might do (add an auction house and make it commission free, at least until the queue problem is solved) and things they probably won't do because they'd take too much work (offline shops, automated bot policing that actually works).  

Still, your point is valid.  Playing is much more fun and useful than complaining. 

I honestly believe that the best NCWest can do is forward on hot issues to Korea.  It's got to be frustrating for people like Juji and Hime, who may have the best intentions, but are severely hindered in what they can even communicate to us.

All we can do it either play the game as is, or not.  For me, I am having a good time with some old friends.  Even if that good time consists of collectively bitching about how much of a mess this version of Lineage 2 is at the moment.  It still holds enough nostalgia and progression for me to enjoy it.  

Yeah things are pretty obviously set up to get me to buy shit in the store.  It's ok, if I don't feel it's worth it, I won't buy it.  Conversely, if I am out hunting and run out of D shots, it's nice to be able to just get some on the fly.  I like the convenience.  And that's really what we are paying for.  Convenience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40yodaddy    5
2 hours ago, Heximus said:

The title says it all. I was a fan of this game in the old day. I played the old l2 about 15 years ago. In my memory it was a bit less harder but it was still very hard to get C stuff and D stuff. It is fun that way. So i did agree NCSoft has issue with lv 40+ adena (they admitted and they will fix) and they had issue before with spoil/adena before with all the mobs. They already fixed some and continue to fix others , i am happy with how it is. For ppl complaint about how hard it is to grind and to earn adenas, let me ask you this: Are you suppose to lv this fast? I only see the issue with you level too fast and your adena can't keep up with your level. You are not suppose to shortcut the process. If you do then you will suffer the consequences. I spend only 10 hours a week to play because i don't have time anymore as grown up adult. My level is only at 26 right now. However i got 700k and all D gears already from buying and reselling stuff. I didn't even have 50k when i was lv 20. Most of the time i just set up the store to sell and buy stuff. I don't have time to play much but when i do have time i have enough adena to buy shots for me and my summon so that i can lv pretty fast. It is really enjoyable at the current rate. The game is not all about leveling, you wont have enough adena if you just leveling unless you are lucky enough to get expensive drops. You have to spoil/sell-resale/craft/selling-buff/etc .. So find a solution instead of so negative on your post. So i hope everyone enjoy this game as much i do. It is a train back to the past sweet memory :)

Some of the reasons :

1. Some of the countries publish a local Lineage 2 Server Gracia+. This update (or later I forgot ) has Common Item on the weapon/armor shop, example it has top D weapon with only 10% of original price. The down side is it cant be upgrade. With that makes peoples at level 20 hunting monster level 25+ SOLO. And it also has FREE BUFF until level 59.

2. MMO these day always giving "easy hunt" to taking some market from global mmo gamer, including automove and sometimes bot ingame.

3. Too young, some players might be under 20 that not familiar (or impatient) to full grinding method. A level 40+ can make 1m adena for 10-12 hours just buy grinding, in a week he can buy top C weapon.

Edited by 40yodaddy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ogfullmelt    21

it's probably mostly people under 30 i would say who spend most of their time in illegal servers who do most of the complaining in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40yodaddy    5
1 hour ago, ogfullmelt said:

it's probably mostly people under 30 i would say who spend most of their time in illegal servers who do most of the complaining in my opinion. 

Its really sad if theres a 29 yo crying for this game. If he was crying for this game because he cant get over it, I wonder what happen in his real life. Sad... Really sad...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sunbreaker7    1

I love how hardcore the game is, just like in the old days. If this game were to be changed because bunch of people who never were around the old L2 era cry how hard this particular mmo is, I would stop playing this game. I came back because this was a promise of old classic hardcore Lineage 2, just the way it was many years ago. Why go change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xanatos    3
15 hours ago, Arinulis said:

Why does everyone make a goodbye post? Seriously, just uninstall the game and leave. Bots have been a part of L2 since the very beginning, it's never going to change and NCsoft isn't going to pay for custom bot protection.

And that is the reason why NCSoft has never made anything of themselves in the MMO business while every other company that has cared has outshined them and left them in the dust!

Edited by Xanatos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Greco    5
On 10/31/2018 at 9:57 AM, SumTingWong said:

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

Not all heroes wear capes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VincentColpa    27
On 10/31/2018 at 5:32 PM, Lawman said:

I agree with most of this.  However, I understand why people keep bringing up the same topics over and over.  Especially as to rates, the "hardcores" keep claiming there is not enough evidence that the rates are screwed up, as if it weren't patently obvious after level 40.  So several people here (not me because I'm too lazy) have put a fair amount of work into providing that evidence.  

I also don't believe they don't want our suggestions.  It's just important to distinguish between those things they can do themselves (like adjusting the exp rate in the current Gludio event and making teleports free until November 14) and those things they need the developers to do (like offline shop/auction house and automated bot policing).  Even that could be subdivided into easy things the developers might do (add an auction house and make it commission free, at least until the queue problem is solved) and things they probably won't do because they'd take too much work (offline shops, automated bot policing that actually works).  

Still, your point is valid.  Playing is much more fun and useful than complaining. 

Gludio event?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sinkest    39

What I don't understand is why are people that are absolutely loving and enjoying the game constantly on the forums attacking anyone who has an issue. Shouldn't you be too busy in game having fun? Unless of course they are botting and while doing so have the time to sit on the forums. That makes sense I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aliaksandr    8

Where I can find the "DISLIKE" Button on Forum and press it for people, that making the same topics over and over and over again. ( Spoil fix, SP fix, people fix  :) ....etc.) No one force you to play  Lineage classic. If you don't like the conditions - don't play.  Ofc the game need some cosmetic changes, but stop try to change the game like YOU want.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are trying to appeal to two different markets of people, and have to find some sort of middle ground between hardcore and normal gamers. Without both kinds this new server will die out. Just look at nearly every hardcore game in the market and mmo out there right now, every single one, even the big games like wow and guild wars are seeing declining populations outside of new content releases.

Now if ncwest only caters to the hardcore players, who probably only make up 25 or so of the server, and forsakes the issues for the normal/casual players then you basically have only 30% or less of the player base that will stick around, the rest will leave for different games. That's maybe 1500 people or less during peak hours, on talking island for instance.

Whereas them balancing it out so its fun for both groups will net them more profits and keep the game in a healthier state overall, meaning more updates, more content, more pvp and fun things to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawman    147
1 hour ago, VincentColpa said:

Gludio event?

30% extra exp for the next two weeks, on Gludio server only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VincentColpa    27
Just now, Lawman said:

30% extra exp for the next two weeks, on Gludio server only.

lol, obvious all the bleeping BONUS must involve EXP! they are so smart... go to gludio level FASTER to get FASTER to high levels without sustain for new equip :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawman    147
59 minutes ago, Aliaksandr said:

Where I can find the "DISLIKE" Button on Forum and press it for people, that making the same topics over and over and over again. ( Spoil fix, SP fix, people fix  :) ....etc.) No one force you to play  Lineage classic. If you don't like the conditions - don't play.  Ofc the game need some cosmetic changes, but stop try to change the game like YOU want.

 

I agree that posting the same topics over and over is irritating.  But why shouldn't people suggest changes to the game?  I thought that was one of the things the forums are for.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lawman    147
3 minutes ago, VincentColpa said:

lol, obvious all the bleeping BONUS must involve EXP! they are so smart... go to gludio level FASTER to get FASTER to high levels without sustain for new equip :P

Exactly.  But that is the point, to try and get more people to try Gludio and relieve the pressure on the other servers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoNoles69    18
On 10/31/2018 at 12:57 PM, SumTingWong said:

here's what I don't understand:

 

why they hell you people keep making the same topics over and over and over again.  

They don't want your "suggestions" on how to fix anything - there are no developers here that can "GM add offline shop mens" or "DEVS PLZ RR SERVER"

There are no GM's around to "GM PM ME PLIX"

There is little they can do about bots besides trying to ban them when they can.  Same with adena spammers.  Stop buying adena and they might find it no longer profitable.

There is a queue to get into the heavily populated servers.  Deal with it.  Or don't.

The rates are very low.  They are adjusting them as they see fit.  They don't care about your personal experience with rates.

The store is there so they can get paid.  The real reason this server exists.  For a company to make money.  Shocking, i know.

 

I completely agree with this. Please people stop spamming the forums with this shit. If you dont like the server please just quit and stfu. No one cares if you quit. Theres a big enough population who enjoy the game how it is now (and how it was back in 2004) to sustain the servers. I know the servers arent exactly as 2004 but its still a classic/hardcore experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devoid    122
1 minute ago, GoNoles69 said:

Theres a big enough population who enjoy the game how it is now (and not how it was back in 2004) to sustain the servers.

Fixed that for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×