Bye bye BOTs I'm done

Yadras

It has been a very enjoyable time revisiting one of my most beloved MMO, but now I'm remembering why I first quit all those years ago and I'm sad to be leaving again but I'll be much happier doing so.

Seriously I was prepared to spend dome decent amount of cash on good ol NCsoft if things was at least semi-decent but that's never going to pass. The BOT crisis is now worst than ever, as the game ages and see little improvements the BOTs on the other hand advances with great complexities. It use to be simple, dumb and easy to exploit, but now it's got features I'd never imagine possible. Not to mention the state of F2P with unlimited accounts and how only some chaotic players drop items, there are even less ways to deal with them.

There's really nothing much real plays can do about this issue, heck I'd rather deal with jerks, pks, or griefers all day and that wouldn't be a problem for me because with these you can actually fight back. As for the BOTs, the worst you can do is just slow them down and maybe bleep them off for a few mins, other than in the end it's just your own loss with the wasted time and effort. Aside from taking up the hunting areas they also wreck the economy by artificially inflating prices just to give more reasons to sell their ill gotten adena. You can argue that bots supply and push the market forward but that also kills the L2 experience.

Maybe I can still enjoy the game if I try harder, maybe change my gameplay or ignore certain things but I can't help it when my annoyance level hits peak upon just seeing a random BOT party prancing about in the open. I recently ran on the path from Giran Harbor to Giran trying to find a spot to kill some lizards and on this run I spotted zero players however found 5 different parties of BOTs rocking an identical party setup and just doing their thing. After giving a long sigh I just move on, didn't want to deal with this s*** anymore and already sick and tired of killing bots.

It's quite bad right now and it's only going to get worst. I wana play video games for fun and enjoyment, not to be annoyed and stressed out (in a bad way). So farewell guys and hope you can still enjoy the game.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Why does everyone make a goodbye post? Seriously, just uninstall the game and leave. Bots have been a part of L2 since the very beginning, it's never going to change and NCsoft isn't going to pay for custom bot protection.

No one know how to protect from bots, there isn't any protection. Today we don't have any mmo games where wont be bots. :D

16 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

Why does everyone make a goodbye post? Seriously, just uninstall the game and leave. Bots have been a part of L2 since the very beginning, it's never going to change and NCsoft isn't going to pay for custom bot protection.

This community (most of them) have this stupid mentality... :( - "It is part of the L2"
I don't blame NCsoft for BOTs issue... I blame people! for that. You are being robbed, cheated, lied to... but in your opinion it's OK, because it always was like that.
Why people are defending NCsoft? It's not your job.

PS Statistically, most of the people on this forum already using bots and write it is OK and "part of the game"... and That is sad :(

The vast majority of the bots are ran by companies and not individual players.

Also there are ways to eliminate them, but NC is a mess and never really bothered doing much about it. Actually they tolerated the pvp cheaters, instead of perma bans, they issued temp 3 and 5 day ones, amazing.

28 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

This community (most of them) have this stupid mentality... :( - "It is part of the L2"
I don't blame NCsoft for BOTs issue... I blame people! for that. You are being robbed, cheated, lied to... but in your opinion it's OK, because it always was like that.
Why people are defending NCsoft? It's not your job.

PS Statistically, most of the people on this forum already using bots and write it is OK and "part of the game"... and That is sad :(

It has nothing to do with being stupid, it has to do with knowing that no matter how much you cry and complain, nothing will be done. Bots makers will always find a way to bypass bot protection. They always have, always will. What we get tired of is people crying over the bots. There are plenty of places to farm, and if you don't like bots, PK them. Roll a pk toon and go on a pk spree. Simple fix. 

23 minutes ago, mixa said:

Also there are ways to eliminate them, but NC is a mess and never really bothered doing much about it. Actually they tolerated the pvp cheaters, instead of perma bans, they issued temp 3 and 5 day ones, amazing.

No there isn't a way to get rid of bots. They're like hydra's from mythos. You kill one head and three more replace it. 

21 minutes ago, mixa said:

This for sure.

Bots themselves really aren't that big of a deal, honestly... they help to keep the prices somewhat reasonable.  The cheaters using these scripts in PvP is the real cancer.  I mean the entire point of the game is PvP in the end.  That's where they should be the toughest.  

But you're absolutely correct... they don't really do shit about it.  These people who are "top" players are also top money makers for NCSoft.

Just now, Arinulis said:

It has nothing to do with being stupid, it has to do with knowing that no matter how much you cry and complain, nothing will be done. Bots makers will always find a way to bypass bot protection. They always have, always will. What we get tired of is people crying over the bots. There are plenty of places to farm, and if you don't like bots, PK them. Roll a pk toon and go on a pk spree. Simple fix. 

Cry? Complain? Just do nothing... is this your solution? "They are better than me so I just give up"... really? PK is not a solution.
Free spots from BOTs ... where I can go farm. Brilliant... why didn't I come up with this idea! ..... :(

7 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Bots themselves really aren't that big of a deal, honestly... they help to keep the prices somewhat reasonable.

Really? What you mean by reasonable price? Price you can afford something?
They are printing money. Go and ask your parents what will happen IF your government decide to print more money. A LOT more.

8 minutes ago, Fulkman said:

Really? What you mean by reasonable price? Price you can afford something?
They are printing money. Go and ask your parents what will happen IF your government decide to print more money. A LOT more.

Reasonable for the casual player.  The more basic mats these botters put into the economy, the better.  Yeah they are making money in real life off it, but why should that bother me?  So what?  Someone else has more than I do, big deal.

4 hours ago, Arinulis said:

[content moderated]

It's true, there are several ways to deal with bots that are in your way.  Kill em, grief em, train em.  Just don't go in with the assumption that you are in any way hindering them for more than a moment.  They will simply follow their scripts and come right back.  Unless you happen to come across a manned bot, in which case they may bring in the enforcers.  

Good times either way lol.

2 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

Reasonable for the casual player.  The more basic mats these botters put into the economy, the better.  Yeah they are making money in real life off it, but why should that bother me?  So what?  Someone else has more than I do, big deal.

I don't care about RMT. Inside game economy is ruined.

Just now, SumTingWong said:

It's true, there are several ways to deal with bots that are in your way.  Kill em, grief em, train em.  Just don't go in with the assumption that you are in any way hindering them for more than a moment.  They will simply follow their scripts and come right back.  Unless you happen to come across a manned bot, in which case they may bring in the enforcers.  

Good times either way lol.

I love pking bots, get a cheap D, C grade weapon one that you don't care to lose, and go on a pk spree. 

Just now, SumTingWong said:

You are delusional if you think that this game's economy hasn't ALWAYS been run by the botters.  Since day 1, literally.   

He definitely didn't play 14 years ago. Everyone knew there were botters using l2walker. Everyone knew they controlled the economy. 

In my opinion the bots are not the problem. They farm adena and sell adena, This is all.

The real problem is the ppl that in 2 week are lvl 58 FULL grade-C or B , while normal players 70% of server are lvl 25 / 35. (gludio server)

This lvl 58 ppl breaks the balance of the game, and for this is hard for ncsoft make a good balance adena/spoil.

In 10 years play L2 i not found any bot that no leave me farm o pk me for my spot.

The problem is make a good balance, NCsoft are trying to do their best and it is not easy.

1 minute ago, franoca29 said:

In my opinion the bots are not the problem. They farm adena and sell adena, This is all.

The real problem is the ppl that in 2 week are lvl 58 FULL grade-C or B , while normal players 70% of server are lvl 25 / 35. (gludio server)

This lvl 58 ppl breaks the balance of the game, and for this is hard for ncsoft make a good balance adena/spoil.

In 10 years play L2 i not found any bot that no leave me farm o pk me for my spot.

The problem is make a good balance, NCsoft are trying to do their best and it is not easy.

There will ALWAYS be players that are far ahead of others.  Even if this was true 1x rates, we would all be 25 and they would be 40.  Same thing.

Some people make this game their entire life... you just can't compete with that.

2 minutes ago, SumTingWong said:

There will ALWAYS be players that are far ahead of others.  Even if this was true 1x rates, we would all be 25 and they would be 40.  Same thing.

Some people make this game their entire life... you just can't compete with that.

The reason most of these players are 50+ isn't because they bot, it's a group of account sharers that play 24/7, 8 hr shifts each.

5 minutes ago, franoca29 said:

Sorry, but i don't understand what are you complaining about.

BOTs are OK, but people who are better than you (assuming they are not BOT) should be banned? Because they are too good?

2 minutes ago, Arinulis said:

The reason most of these players are 50+ isn't because they bot, it's a group of account sharers that play 24/7, 8 hr shifts each.

Yes. I call them BOX-BOT party.

Bye bye. Player like you can't accept the real world work cuz if you say bots everywhere , every games have the bots issues cuz nowadays, it's too smart , and play like silly human. Ncsoft can't ban without investigation, sometimes, ppl accuse legits player who control many clients by himself

Archived