About Bots - Bot Reporting button

Malgoth

@Juji What about BOTs? Reporting button do nothing. They can daily farm tons of mats and adena, move to another character and sell it.  The whole process to reproting them to support take SOOO LONG that do nothing again. Yesterday i was on spot and saw 2 groups of bots, i sleep and back to the game after like 12h and they are still on the same spot and still make same moves. WTF is going on? You guys talk to reporting them to support. Do i look like a NC employee? Its your company job not my. I dont get anything for that. Get there someone to do this DAMN JOB! So big company and you dont even try to do something. Its ridiculous. Original Classic expierience its much worse than some OMEGALUL illegal server. Shame AF. Just close next thread instead of do something...

@Malgoth Report them, keep reporting them when you see them.  Be patient though...as players we don't know whats happening in the background and what sort of investigation is in progress against certain players.  The only thing we can do is report them and be patient.  Bots getting banned could take a week, a month...who knows but it does happen for sure.  Remembering back in the day there were waves of bans when people least expected it. 

Report people you see botting and don't harass them etc because they'll stop doing it and make your report useless, coming to forums won't help either since it's most likely the same people managing forums don't handle bans in the first place.

So yeah, be patient and keep grinding.  As you said before it's not your job...so why stress over it as if it is?  I never understood insulting the people you want help from either, seems very counter productive imo.

Take care~

32 minutes ago, Sakumi said:

It's always been an issue. I wish it wasn't. Kinda sucks.

All it would take is some actual in-game GMs doing proactive checking to have a big impact, but that's never happened as far as I can tell.

GM "Spam" was the death of many bots.

So here's the deal...

Server is flooded with bots, we all know that - we all hate that. Things aren't really getting better - and probably never will in that matter.

So as a collective of players what are we doing to address this problem, well almost nothing. We write posts and complain mostly.

There is a dedicated button for reporting Bots /botreport let's all use it, not just a small proportion of players

We all know a bot when we see it*. Start reporting, if every real player reported a bot that could help things dramatically.

Eventually, we would have done something as  collective to better our way of gaming. At least I hope so.

* Bots are getting better and better, but they have specific patterns. Look for them.

Example.

• Is the player only kills Prowlers and ignoring Giant Venomous Spiders?
  • Even if the player kills  both Prowlers and Giant Venomous Spiders - if it does - it's probably with One Hit so the bot won't get poisoned.
  • Is the player KSing like crazy? (Try KSing back, a normal player would curse u prob - or at least engage on some form of communication)
  • Ask him, pm "Are you a bot?" (Usually a real player would respond to a question like that)

Those are some examples of what a bot would probably behave, at least on my experience.

If you see Something, Say Something :D

Please don't report me as a BOT since I am a live player even though I do follow all of his examples in the OP.

There is a lot of times I may ignore one mob in favor of another; mainly looking for specific drops or quest items.

If I get KSed I usually just ignore it, and continue on because no point getting all pissy over a mob or two at this point.

If I am in full grind mode I pretty much tune out in game chat instead just chatting in voice comms with guildies and/or listening to some music or watching some hockey. So ther is abetter than even chance that I will miss any whispers or /says sent my way.

Luckily I am running as SK and SO duo; which no bot train would run as, so I do have that going for my argument as a non-bot. =D

5 hours ago, ConSacerdos said:

So here's the deal...

Server is flooded with bots, we all know that - we all hate that. Things aren't really getting better - and probably never will in that matter.

So as a collective of players what are we doing to address this problem, well almost nothing. We write posts and complain mostly.

There is a dedicated button for reporting Bots /botreport let's all use it, not just a small proportion of players

We all know a bot when we see it*. Start reporting, if every real player reported a bot that could help things dramatically.

Eventually, we would have done something as  collective to better our way of gaming. At least I hope so.

* Bots are getting better and better, but they have specific patterns. Look for them.

Example.

• Even if the player kills  both Prowlers and Giant Venomous Spiders - if it does - it's probably with One Hit so the bot won't get poisoned.
  • Is the player KSing like crazy? (Try KSing back, a normal player would curse u prob - or at least engage on some form of communication)
  • Ask him, pm "Are you a bot?" (Usually a real player would respond to a question like that)

Those are some examples of what a bot would probably behave, at least on my experience.

im bleeping tired of answering to the people I HAVE 3 COMPUTERS though whisp, i dont like being forced to answer by whisp, i saw a guy today with 4 boxes, i know he is not a bot, he just have more than 1 computer

and yes, bots will bleep the economy soon, and this server will be dead, GM's should do something.

5 hours ago, ConSacerdos said:

Example.

This one is terrible. I'm a mage, I also 1 Hit spiders to not get poisoned lol, not really a bot technique.

If you want to find the problem bots, go to spots most players avoid. Bots tend to try and farm in areas less traveled since they can bot longer without recourse. Most big farm bot companies expect to get banned, its all about life-time of their bots.I know when I did my mages class transfer at 20 out near Wastelands in the hills there was a bunch of bot parties there cause no1 goes there. The only reason I found them is a quest NPC was there.

6 hours ago, ConSacerdos said:

So here's the deal...

Example.

Also, as a community, we have to refrain from RMT. There is always a small % of users who abuse the RMT system. They will buy accounts, buy buffers, buy adena, buy weapons with RMT. These companies are in it to make real life money, in exchange for in-game currency. If we all refrain from this, especially account purchasing, the Bots will dwindle away.  There is only a small % of Bots who are actually botting to level up their character. If we ensure we dont RMT, they will see that the buisness isnt worth it, it would be better if we had a paid subscription, because they would be paying for each account (9man bot train @15$/month = 135$ per month), so they would need to make more than 135$ to at least make some profit. Stay strong, dont RMT and PK those bots :)

Archived