Scammed, Giran

nozza

Got scammed, yes I was tired. Think I've found the main due to too many coincidences and I've taken SS of all the convos I've had with both scam toon and main. 

Is NC still like the NC of the past where they didn't help or do they now value their player base now due to VIP and will return my item? 

I never got their stance on this, how hard is it to look at transaction logs and apply some common sense and just reverse things. 

It's all well and good forums telling people it's their fault they got scammed, but is it really? Is that the right approach? The scammer did the scamming the victim is exactly that, a victim. This isn't tolerated in the real world, so why should it be in the digital realm? 

1 hour ago, nozza said:

At least in real life there's the law to help. Lineage of old was lawless, I'm hoping that's changed. 

No, it hasn't changed and is very much intentional.  Sorry you got scammed, but it's part of the game and they won't reverse it.

2 hours ago, nozza said:

I never got their stance on this, how hard is it to look at transaction logs and apply some common sense and just reverse things.

Do you want it only personally for you, or do you want NCsoft's already almost non-existing support to do the same for everyone who thinks they might have been scammed?

"how hard is it to look at transaction logs and apply some common sense"

It sucks that you got scammed but you should really take your own advice here. Double check EVERYTHING when purchasing or trading with another player before you confirm the transaction. NC will most likely not do anything and they have pointed out before to confirm what you buy or trade to avoid getting scammed.  Once again, it sucks that you got scammed but you need to really pay attention. Its wrong of the scammer but you could have avoided it if you would have taken your own advice.

Nobody is alert 100% of the time. People have stressful jobs, or long weeks / lives to lead and distractions. People are human and make mistakes. There should be a frame work in place to help on a paid platform. If it was free I'd understand. 

Yes the right approach is to not get scammed. Truth is no one cares about you so take care of yourself. No one is going to do you any favors and if they "replace" an item for you....well I can cry that I was "scammed" of my top C grade weapon that i totally 100% had.....you should believe me because people don't lie and then they have to replace everyones top everything ever.

Not going to happen.

1 minute ago, sxsilver said:

Yes the right approach is to not get scammed. Truth is no one cares about you so take care of yourself. No one is going to do you any favors and if they "replace" an item for you....well I can cry that I was "scammed" of my top C grade weapon that i totally 100% had.....you should believe me because people don't lie and then they have to replace everyones top everything ever.

Not going to happen.

this

Sorry you got scammed. I have made some bad transactions over the years, being tired and or just not paying close enough attention to what I was doing. I also have friends that have just been flat out robbed (in a way).

This took place many years ago on Devianne server... Me and a friend were standing at an arena watching some PvP matches. We were on team speak chatting away. Next thing I know my friend tells me "Okay man, trade me my bow back, I am going to go farm"... I don't have your bow, what do you mean? "I just traded it to you, so you could check your stats and see what it looked like with your char, stop playing around."... Dude, i'm being serious, I have no idea what you're talking about, I never even asked that...

Turns out someone had created a new character with a name almost exactly as mine. They swaped out an 'I' (capital i) for a 'l' (lower case L) or something very similar. They messaged him and he traded them his +6 Emi bow. When we got back to town, that person was sat there selling his bow in a afk shop. After that, my friend stopped playing for months. He had the screen shots of the PMs, showing the name similarity, and the screen shots of the char selling his bow. He got no help, only an email of apology from NC on the matter with a statement that they were aware of similar situations across the servers, but are unable to help him. They told him to be more careful.

I can't believe the majority opinion is that "it's part of the game" or it seems to be acceptable behaviour. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome, it's ridiculous. It's so ingrained in people to get crap support that they somehow justify it to others now? 

9 minutes ago, nozza said:

I can't believe the majority opinion is that "it's part of the game" or it seems to be acceptable behaviour. It's almost like Stockholm Syndrome, it's ridiculous. It's so ingrained in people to get crap support that they somehow justify it to others now? 

It's because we're used to this. We know what to expect.
Hell, back in the day we used to give all of our mats to dwarves and hope they craft it without stealing our stuff.

Shit happens.
If you haven't noticed this game is more for those with a LOT of patience and perseverance.

Be careful.

Its market rule that an item is worth as much as someone is able to pay for it - and reversably.

Once - 16 years ago at some C2 server i got scammed too. Never happened again.
Once ~ 12 years ago one of my clan buddy was so tired he sold his armor (Nightmare) set in grocery.

Now you will check prices 3x times before any action. Learn your lesson.

59 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Sorry you got scammed. I have made some bad transactions over the years, being tired and or just not paying close enough attention to what I was doing. I also have friends that have just been flat out robbed (in a way).

This took place many years ago on Devianne server... Me and a friend were standing at an arena watching some PvP matches. We were on team speak chatting away. Next thing I know my friend tells me "Okay man, trade me my bow back, I am going to go farm"... I don't have your bow, what do you mean? "I just traded it to you, so you could check your stats and see what it looked like with your char, stop playing around."... Dude, i'm being serious, I have no idea what you're talking about, I never even asked that...

Turns out someone had created a new character with a name almost exactly as mine. They swaped out an 'I' (capital i) for a 'l' (lower case L) or something very similar. They messaged him and he traded them his +6 Emi bow. When we got back to town, that person was sat there selling his bow in a afk shop. After that, my friend stopped playing for months. He had the screen shots of the PMs, showing the name similarity, and the screen shots of the char selling his bow. He got no help, only an email of apology from NC on the matter with a statement that they were aware of similar situations across the servers, but are unable to help him. They told him to be more careful.

Something similar happened to me on Gustin many years ago. Someone created a toon with a very similar name to a character in my clan that replaced the letter "i" with the letter "l". The funny part is, they didnt know that the character that they were acting like was my boxed buffer. Imagine the surprise when I got a pm from my "buffer" lol.

happend in Erica to me and I never traded items ever. You live and learn, Aden is a tough and dangerous place, you learn that when you get merkd or scammed. Albeit, i was super dumb and naive when i first started playing also, but like in real life  you live and learn

sorry not sorry, if u made a mistake thats on you, live and learn from it, you are not entitled to anything, if account was not hacked and you made a trade yourself (traded something, or bought it from privatestore) it`s on you, it`s very clear why they don`t give anything back and i wouldn`t give it back too.

Someone needs to look up the definition of a scam! An individual deliberately set out to remove items from me at less than market value, through deception. I would describe that as dishonest. I would also describe that as something I didn't do to myself. Stop trolling. 

NOUN
informal
  1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

8 hours ago, nozza said:

Got scammed, yes I was tired. Think I've found the main due to too many coincidences and I've taken SS of all the convos I've had with both scam toon and main. 

Is NC still like the NC of the past where they didn't help or do they now value their player base now due to VIP and will return my item? 

It's all well and good forums telling people it's their fault they got scammed, but is it really? Is that the right approach? The scammer did the scamming the victim is exactly that, a victim. This isn't tolerated in the real world, so why should it be in the digital realm? 

Just stfu and think about it 9_9

32 minutes ago, nozza said:

Someone needs to look up the definition of a scam! An individual deliberately set out to remove items from me at less than market value, through deception. I would describe that as dishonest. I would also describe that as something I didn't do to myself. Stop trolling. 

NOUN
informal
  1. a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

So you was forced to make the trade without double/triple checking everything? Someone broke into your house held a gun to your head and made you do the trade before you could be sure? If so then that is matter for the police and not NCSoft. If not then you did it to yourself.

Scams are considered a part of the PvP aspect of the game; triple check everything or expect to lose it; make the person set up a private shop when doing direct trades, if a friend asks to check equipment have them get on voice comms.

Archived