Scammed, Giran

nozza

4 minutes ago, nozza said:

No I wasn't forced, that would be robbery, not a scam. Maybe before quoting the literal definition you should put some thought in to your words...

Then you did this to yourself; maybe if you had put sone thought into the trade we wouldn't be having this discussion.

18 hours ago, nozza said:

Nobody is alert 100% of the time. People have stressful jobs, or long weeks / lives to lead and distractions. People are human and make mistakes. There should be a frame work in place to help on a paid platform. If it was free I'd understand. 

Scam investigations are manual (you cannot mass-ban and mass-revert scamming), it would likely cost NCsoft $5+ per incident in labor costs, and in most cases there will be no proof of intended scam beyond reasonable doubt.

Not going to happen.

That really sucks @nozza

Care to share some details on the scam, so that others might learn from it and avoid it?

A friend of mine got scammed once as well. People built up his trust by playing with him over some days and trusted him by letting him hold some lower weapons from them. Then when he gave them a valuable weapon to return the favour they ran off to town shouting "WTS..."

2 hours ago, LinaInverse said:

I just love how people get scammed 'cause they don't check transactions and blame their stupidity to NCSoft.

If you read the post, I don't think it's a matter of "blaming" NCSoft. It's about the fact that scamming activity shouldn't be rewarded or considered 'fair game'. There are other games that provide good customer service and will actively help players that have been victim to scams or other malicious activities. There's no reason why NCSoft can't be supportive too. 

2 hours ago, nef2164 said:

If you read the post, I don't think it's a matter of "blaming" NCSoft. It's about the fact that scamming activity shouldn't be rewarded or considered 'fair game'. There are other games that provide good customer service and will actively help players that have been victim to scams or other malicious activities. There's no reason why NCSoft can't be supportive too. 

The OP is targeting NCSoft for not doing anything to scammers, wich is retarded. 

I prefer that NCSoft gets the most far away possible between players interaction. They already bleeped up the PK system so everyone can have their personal "safe space" when farming, I don't need them bleeping up anything else.

If someone is stupid enough to sell/buy/trade something without watching what they are doing, shame on them. Meddling in those situations is no good customer service at all. People need to start learning what it means to be accountable for their personal actions and not belive that everything they bleep up will be solved by someone else.

Good learning experience with no cost, NCSoft-Sensei.

Archived