Jump to content
ZeroCooL

Bots, they don`t care...

Recommended Posts

ZeroCooL    2

So, you try to enter Talking island server, 800+ people on the queue, you wait for about 4h to enter the game, and when you are finally able to play, you see this kind of shit...

 

[content moderated]

 

And you just come to a conclusion that, NCsoft just don`t care, AT ALL.

 

 

Edited by Aurinya
Name-shaming, promoting bot activities
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psychoxc    8

wtf hahaha these graphics tho

@topic thats sad, im gonna ask ncsoft to hire me, if they give me $500 a month and give me a GM account ill log in daily to ban every single bot i see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lightkeeper    24
3 hours ago, ZeroCooL said:

The problem is the way that this problem is adressed. It seems that, NcSoft don't want to take down the bots.

The problem is that coding a new bot protection costs money, and literally every time they come up with something it gets bypassed within several days.

I mean, look at it this way - you spend several hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get a team of coders to make a new protection, and a week after you implement it some Russian kid bypass it, for free, and you're exactly where you were, except with lighter wallet. Repeat this X times and you get fed up with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Devoid    122
39 minutes ago, Lightkeeper said:

The problem is that coding a new bot protection costs money, and literally every time they come up with something it gets bypassed within several days.

I mean, look at it this way - you spend several hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get a team of coders to make a new protection, and a week after you implement it some Russian kid bypass it, for free, and you're exactly where you were, except with lighter wallet. Repeat this X times and you get fed up with it.

And before someone says 'look at Innova', they have a different way of countering this. A bunch of in-game GMs, scanning everyone suspicious enough and banning them if they are unable to respond and continue acting like a bot instead.

However, having 24/7 GMs (automatically implies 3 shifts of 8 hours) is very expensive. And you can't just have them for standard working hours, because non-businesses primarily bot overnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DkpE    1

Stop making posts about bots please.

NCSOFT is a company and needs money. So just think about it, a bot party with 5 ( or more) bots with VIP4 each one. At this point classic server are 60% bots and 40% real active players. So, if every single bot got VIP4 Ncsoft will not ban him, its logic because their company takes TONES OF MONEY every single month.

Thats the real reason they dont even care about bots. We must just stfu and if we dont like just leave the game, sad but true, its your choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God please use post that have already been made for this, and report them in the proper place if you really want something done. The forum is not the place to report them. They do ban bots when they are proven to be and reported to the proper place, but it takes time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Donowanka    6
26 minutes ago, Poultrygeist said:

God please use post that have already been made for this, and report them in the proper place if you really want something done. The forum is not the place to report them. They do ban bots when they are proven to be and reported to the proper place, but it takes time. 

I've reported them 1 week ago on suport center and in game and what? they are stil online?:D i even got mail that they got banned:d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCooL    2
9 hours ago, DkpE said:

Stop making posts about bots please.

NCSOFT is a company and needs money. So just think about it, a bot party with 5 ( or more) bots with VIP4 each one. At this point classic server are 60% bots and 40% real active players. So, if every single bot got VIP4 Ncsoft will not ban him, its logic because their company takes TONES OF MONEY every single month.

Thats the real reason they dont even care about bots. We must just stfu and if we dont like just leave the game, sad but true, its your choice.

This reponse is one of the most idiotic things i have read it in some time, NCSoft have a "term of service" that you must accept once you create your account, and there are specific clauses that says "using hacks/bots/etc are a bannable offence". IF it is SO profitable, way not remove this part of the term of service? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCooL    2
8 hours ago, Poultrygeist said:

God please use post that have already been made for this, and report them in the proper place if you really want something done. The forum is not the place to report them. They do ban bots when they are proven to be and reported to the proper place, but it takes time. 

Forums are one way to comunicate with the staff, you can't report the players inside the game(report 1 and have to wait 30 min to do it again), and if you are saying that i need to report on the suport page, i already done that. Just showing to other people why they can't log in and play the game they love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azure    14

If you're the Zerocool that I know, you haven't played any official servers to understand how things work. Be patient.

 

Also da clam pls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCooL    2
14 hours ago, Lightkeeper said:

The problem is that coding a new bot protection costs money, and literally every time they come up with something it gets bypassed within several days.

I mean, look at it this way - you spend several hundreds, even thousands of dollars to get a team of coders to make a new protection, and a week after you implement it some Russian kid bypass it, for free, and you're exactly where you were, except with lighter wallet. Repeat this X times and you get fed up with it.

I get that, it is expenssive, but they sure are making money with all thoose vips out there, today vips had to wait on queue just as everybody else. They take your money and you still have to wait in line, becaouse the server has bots all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCooL    2
2 minutes ago, Azure said:

If you're the Zerocool that I know, you haven't played any official servers to understand how things work. Be patient.

 

Also da clam pls.

In fact i played on the official servers and, just want a fair environment for everyone, just that pal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azure    14
Just now, ZeroCooL said:

In fact i played on the official servers and, just want a fair environment for everyone, just that pal. 

Ah mistaken identity then. My bad.  Regardless though, its easier to be patient instead of being the one of 18724612853618726371289367 people making these topics that just get ignored.  It's like having your parents nagging at you to do something when you're already in the middle of working on it anyway.

Pretty sure the team that is in charge of a lot of these things don't even read the forums as thats not even part of their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeroCooL    2
2 minutes ago, Azure said:

Ah mistaken identity then. My bad.  Regardless though, its easier to be patient instead of being the one of 18724612853618726371289367 people making these topics that just get ignored.  It's like having your parents nagging at you to do something when you're already in the middle of working on it anyway.

Pretty sure the team that is in charge of a lot of these things don't even read the forums as thats not even part of their job.

First off all, thanks, your response was very polite, and deserve a polite response.

You are right, it is one of the 198273918734 posts out there, i just think that, if you love something you just want it so be better. I think that posting this, is a way to help the game. Don't get me wrong. I love this game, this is a fine oportunity to play it. maybe soon or later they will do something about it(maybe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azure    14

naw I get it, and thanks for replying back in the same fashion :D (Though looking back I was a bit harsh) You're just like everyone else that wants to enjoy something they love playing.  I think though when you aren't prepared for this much traffic on something or trying something new theres going to be a lot of hiccups etc until things are working smoothly...if you look at it Classic servers seem to be pretty closed to constantly stressed all the time compared to live servers.

Unfortunately the only the only thing we can do is be patient, keep reporting bots and let the teams in charge of these things take care of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azure    14

Posting a video of the bots does nothing but alert the botter that they've been spotted and they'll stop for a while and it probably ruins any investigation they're doing on these people.  Just report using the button in game and email their report/support  (not sure how its done out of game these days) with any evidence you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
beleaua    66
14 hours ago, Devoid said:

And before someone says 'look at Innova', they have a different way of countering this. A bunch of in-game GMs, scanning everyone suspicious enough and banning them if they are unable to respond and continue acting like a bot instead.

However, having 24/7 GMs (automatically implies 3 shifts of 8 hours) is very expensive. And you can't just have them for standard working hours, because non-businesses primarily bot overnight.

I think other publishers have also other methods of detecting bots. I've seen bots on Innova from time to time but as you mentioned already they disappear pretty fast. I also played another NCSoft game in EU but under Gameforge. For a few years I haven't seen bots there, or spammers, while here it was just as everyone knows it. They don't have a client side anti cheat software like this xincode (or past gameguard) but they mentioned they have a server side anti cheat software of their own. So I think it matters a lot that independent publishers have a bit more liberty while NCWest is just tied up to KR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
asetiaaa    4
39 minutes ago, Azure said:

Posting a video of the bots does nothing but alert the botter that they've been spotted and they'll stop for a while and it probably ruins any investigation they're doing on these people.  Just report using the button in game and email their report/support  (not sure how its done out of game these days) with any evidence you have.

It was 5 members party, this option doesn't wok. they still farming as well gg. When you want report bot via support on page submit button doesn't work so anyway awesome option. 

Edited by asetiaaa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Finn    3
3 hours ago, ZeroCooL said:

No, if you don't care about the game, fine, i do.

Use the already existing topics to flame ur shit out if u care...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×