Is this what L2 is all about?

Reusito

do u realize what will happen with 10k+ online?  
ive seen it once on Interlude.  here we have x2 fewer territories . 
this servers are already pain with 2k+ at towns and 1k fishing .
just no

also l2extreme never had more then 10k online.  the only illegal server that ever reached close to 10k or over 10k was Azure servers.

either make fishing 30-40+ or ban bots. making server 10k+ will make the game unplayable, lags , crashes and so on. 

53 minutes ago, Himmelin said:

oh, and do you know how many users online has a crap game as " second life " in 2018, probabbly from 50.000 to 420.000 people online

and a high stuff game as ncsoft cant hold 50k players, when a crap game as second life can hold more than 400.000 active users online?

seriusly, stop trolling and saying " moron " to the others, when u are the only one, bye.

https://imgur.com/qxv6ChA

hahaa.. and a big game staff as ncsoft cant do the same in l2? come on man, you never had a server files in your hands...

You fail to differ. What do you belive happens once each Classic Server opens up for 50.000 player? They need to increase the amount of Mobs tenthfold, if not even higher. Even now its hard to keep a farming spot for yourself. While a game like Secondlife doesnt need any of this. And stop bragging about "i had server files in my hand". Because no one cares.

There are illegal server's with 10k or more players, supported by data center with minimum lag and work's without login or game problem's . It is all what you pay is what you have. NCSoft don't have resources even to keep old forum just for legacy. All server's probably are under same machine but nc never clearly report player's where their payment go for. In serous illegal servers you will find a section that say, what infrastructure that have and where payment go for. Hf.

7 minutes ago, AllCom said:

There are illegal server's with 10k or more players, supported by data center with minimum lag and work's without login or game problem's . It is all what you pay is what you have. NCSoft don't have resources even to keep old forum just for legacy. All server's probably are under same machine but nc never clearly report player's where their payment go for. In serous illegal servers you will find a section that say, what infrastructure that have and where payment go for. Hf.

No server with 10k+ players since 2011.   the only server that  is comming close is rpgclub.
where u get these infos? :D

L2extreme never had 50k concurrent players logged in a single server playing. The most it had, was like 10k players ever, split between 3 servers back when they first released S grade and removed bsoes from npc shop on their 3rd server. Then it hovered at around 3k.

RPGclub however did a stress test with almost 15k concurrent afair.

edit: talking about L2x brings back good memories. Having Hunter Village as an open arena pvp town was the pimpest shit ever in L2. :x

On 11/4/2018 at 12:27 PM, smashthatbass said:

RPGclub however did a stress test with almost 15k concurrent afair.

You cannot have more than 8191 connections (that do not necessarily mean 8191 logged in [in-game or even lobby] players) without needing to do a full sweep through all the executables fixing every single case of where this hardcoded logic is used.

I'm not saying it is impossible, and with built-in (but unused in NCw) item saving optimizations it would be possible to have more than 8k players without 30 sec soulshot lag, but I am still saying that someone made that number up.

Not to mention now rpg-club is dying, shutting down their Ertheia servers in favor of HF that still barely get a few hundred players online.

5 minutes ago, Devoid said:

You cannot have more than 8191 connections (that do not necessarily mean 8191 logged in [in-game or even lobby] players) without needing to do a full sweep through all the executables fixing every single case of where this hardcoded logic is used.

I'm not saying it is impossible, and with built-in but unused in NCw item saving optimizations it would be possible to have more than 8k players without 30 sec soulshot lag, but I am still saying that someone made that number up.

The number of people online is only one of many things that the game servers have to deal with. NPCs/AI/shots/RNG/actions of the players/etc all have to be dealt with by the servers too. In the extreme case of no MOBs or NPCs with just people standing around in town the servers can support far more players than in a situation where everything is enabled and running along with the player characters.

I think too many people are not aware of the backend stuff involved along with the limitations of the client.

Just now, Tool_of_Society said:

The number of people online is only one of many things that the game servers have to deal with. NPCs/AI/shots/RNG/actions of the players/etc all have to be dealt with by the servers too. In the extreme case of no MOBs or NPCs with just people standing around in town the servers can support far more players than in a situation where everything is enabled and running along with the player characters.

It is no secret that item lag worsens severely during siege times. But still, the discussion was once again primarily about player counts with little regard to everything else (hence my try to bring up items - primarily arrows and shots, then adena, then mats [both crafting and picking up], etc.)

Archived