Queue waiting time

Leito

Good morning, the topic of this post is because, I have been in the queue for 3 hours, as well as me, many other VIP players and not VIPs, 
we all have the right to play, I do not know what they are waiting to get the accounts that are in store and put them in offline mode.
 that would live the queue in more than 1000 users.
greetings Leitox

Okay, first of all, you have the right to jackshit, my friend, read the EULA.

Secondly, offline shops are a illegal server's way to inflate population and avoid multiboxing, but that would not work in here, where the problem is overpopulation.

An offline shop demands exactly the same server side resources as an afk shop.

So you can't just "offline shop" 1000 players and make way for another 1000 in, given that the reason they haven't increased server capacity are instability-related.

Greetings

7 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

Okay, first of all, you have the right to jackshit, my friend, read the EULA.

GG, when there's clearly an issue, bash a fellow player, you win social life, why should NC even bother fixing anything? For everyone that complains there are at least 3 people bashing them atm, what do people even gain of this? NCSoft payroll for taking their side?

When you want to make something work, you need to find the proper way to do it, it's glaringly clear that he just alt tabbed and made this post to rant about an issue without giving any type of thought to it. Just adding more rubble to sift through.

If you have a problem with my statement, you can counterpoint me, thats why its called a forum and not a blog.

If you have a problem with the delivery, you can deal with that yourself, Im an bleep, but Im not lying.

20 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

If you have a problem with my statement, you can counterpoint me, thats why its called a forum and not a blog.

Counterpoint: all the "rubble" on this forum got at least stuff fixed until now. When enough people complained about things, some constructively with solid arguments, some "omfg fix now", it raised awareness. If few people complain, they're like meh.

I never said people don't have a right to state their opinion on the forum, just don't understand this bashing of "issue raisers".

Technical correctness doesn't fix stuff, and all this bashing comes in defense of NC which i find wrong. It's like going in the department store to return an expired item and everyone defend the store like "you should've looked at the expiry date first, go away now", yeah you're right, and i also have the right to return said item, but is it right to sell expired items in the first place? If everyone would accept and shun situations like that, you'd be seeing more expired items on a daily basis and one day be yourself the one that didn't check the expiry date.

PS: not alt-tabbing, in queue :)

Since you're speaking in his behalf, Im gonna assume that you're actually OP on a different account, for whatever reason

To give you a short answer, the point is precisely that you (and I, ofc) agreed to not have any rights in this game, we have no right to ownership, and we have no right to use (end of short answer).

You have no right to demand for shorter queues, no right to demand that bots are wiped (as much as I would particularly love that), and no right to ask for a change in a broken system that has been carried on for 13 years.

Again, read the EULA.

As for your point of "if many people whine about it, it will change"

No it wont, not with this issue.

This is not a "pk have to drop" issue, where a little fix saves a lot of face and gives some good PR to the company.

You're talking server technical capacity management and core in game system designs. And even giving away a half baked solution like "afk shops" .

And you seem to forget that NCWest are just the distributors of the game, they are not developers and they are not designers.

I can't claim I know exactly what kind of agreement they have with OG NCSoft, but from what I've read, it's a pretty lame one, "pay me for this game as-is, we'll give you some semblance of support for it, but dont hope too much" kind of lame.

To reuse your analogy, you're screaming in front of a helpdesk for a market, demanding rights that you waived, willingly even if unknowingly. And lashing against a market that doesn't really care, when the people that actually put the expired milk there in the first place are long gone.

To be clear, I kinda hate NC Soft, I love the game, but its old school design didn't step up to the time, and obviously the "fixes" they tried in later chronicles are seem by the community as bad and unfair, just because an auction house prevented most of them from scamming people or raising prices artificially by zone, but ofc everyone here is the wolf of wall street, just playing the market and trying to make a profit.

And this kind of things are the reason good people working in the industry become jaded and apathic. Everyone thinks they know better than everyone else and of course all the blame and random screaming goes to the helpdesk.

Anyways, Im the one ranting now, so, as I said, you can counter argue as much as you want, I'll try to answer whenever I remember to check forums.

37 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

Since you're speaking in his behalf, Im gonna assume that you're actually OP on a different account, for whatever reason

Nope, just another guy waiting in queue and ranting to pass time.

38 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

Again, read the EULA.

It's a forum, not an intended lawsuit.

40 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

As for your point of "if many people whine about it, it will change"

Adena got "fixed" (more like blindingly buffed), drops/Spoils/Adena after 40+ are pending fix.

41 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

And you seem to forget that NCWest are just the distributors of the game, they are not developers and they are not designers.

They push for updates from NCSoft and provided support as slow as it is, you don't complain at devs, you complain at CMs while managers are smoking a fat blunt made of cash.

43 minutes ago, VerCenn said:

To reuse your analogy, you're screaming in front of a helpdesk for a market, demanding rights that you waived, willingly even if unknowingly. And lashing against a market that doesn't really care, when the people that actually put the expired milk there in the first place are long gone.

One man at the helpdesk will be kicked and nothing is solved, get more and they'll have to call the supervisor, get a mob and they'll call the manager. I'm not the one making a hard day to the cashier in stores (because they're just as fked as me and probably have it hard as it is), i'm generally the one politely calling the authorities and demanding they fine the store itself, we don't have one here so we'll make due with ranting.

I have the right to post anything here as long as it's according to community rules, they have the right to delete posts and terminate anything (forum/game account) they want w/o even notifying me just because ... so everyone has rights. And if i consider something to be wrong, i'll state my opinion on it :)

Archived