PSA on Automated Macros and PvP

Conguero

This topic has been quite enlightening.  The NC reps are clearly reading and replying to the comments, but only VERY selectively.  They answer comments about specific instances of returned gear.  But they are completely, and tellingly, silent about the important issues, such as dealing with bot programs (the notion that they turned off the anti-bot program is stunning to me), the loss of customers caused by the wealth of p2w events, and the future of the game.  Are they really that clueless about what is important to their customers?  Or do they want to give the appearance of being responsive without actually responding to anything important?  I think we know the answer.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use macro and watch also the screen. My macro on summoner its simple and (suppose to be) smart. 

1./target (name name)

2./summonattack

3./target (name name)

4./summonattack

5./target (name name)

6./summonatack

I use macro and watch also the screen. My macro on summoner its simple and (suppose to be) smart. 

1./target (name name)

2./summonattack

3./target (name name)

4./summonattack

5./target (name name)

6./summonattack

Let my player just hit mobs like this (1 target 1 hit) just for don't get wrong target....1 day was one g@y and start hit me with punch  and i let him hit me, cause i didn't get dmg and wasn't care about this, also after 1min get attacked i be flag cause my target change to him and finally hit him. Why i need to get auto target on other PC when they hit me. (and if its for my help to see where is that who hit me and also hit him if i want, then why when mage attack me the target don't be auto on him/her?)

On 21/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Fooz said:

Just curious @Conguero do you or your staff often favor certain clans or players and go back on these stated words for the better of the community or for the better of your pockets? Just today your support staff has stripped items from a legitimate case of a player going red (PK status) losing a few items (rightly so) then you proceeded to take said items from the player that killed the red (PK) and return them to the player who was PK status.  Curious how you will try to throw a band-aid on this one. If you would like further "evidence", it can be provided.

On 21/2/2018 at 10:26 PM, Conguero said:

Our Support staff has looked into this issue further and is contacting the player directly involved in the item transfers. If the situation transpired as you described then the player who obtained items via PvP with another player is entitled to keep them. If they were removed or returned by us it's likely in error.

@Conguero, my case is similar, before the new chronicle, having 2 pk, kill a character that was taking my goals, now had 3 pk, the fact is that when you have karma you can not defend yourself because if you are attacked by a normal character you will not flageara and if you kill it will increase your pk counter, what I did not know and accumulate 6 pk losing valuable objects, I asked for support the return of these objects, due to lack of information, refusing support, so I asked, to point out to me in which part of the game or the web explained this, and they never answered me satisfactorily, does anyone know where this is set or has to happen for us to realize ???

Just change it. I see no reason why NC soft wont change it. You guys changed the flagging process. people don't like it, so why would you keep it? These are your customer and your saying no to something as easy as this. I don't want to say how to do it, since half the server will start. This is a easy fix. 

14 hours ago, corsario said:

@Conguero, my case is similar, before the new chronicle, having 2 pk, kill a character that was taking my goals, now had 3 pk, the fact is that when you have karma you can not defend yourself because if you are attacked by a normal character you will not flageara and if you kill it will increase your pk counter, what I did not know and accumulate 6 pk losing valuable objects, I asked for support the return of these objects, due to lack of information, refusing support, so I asked, to point out to me in which part of the game or the web explained this, and they never answered me satisfactorily, does anyone know where this is set or has to happen for us to realize ???

Ppl in our days forgot how to read...here corsario: http://www.lineage2.com/en/game/the-library/pvp-activities/

"Chaotic characters cannot use shop services, and have a high chance of dropping items and receiving the death penalty, Shilen's Breath, upon death. However, a chaotic character with a PK count of five or less will not drop items upon death. "

When you play pk stile...you asume a risk.

And scumbags continue their job... some ppl hunt them but they go around and they laugh at us too.They got items from at least 2 ppl today maybe more.One titan in hb was drag down to the hills but they didnt manage to make him take pk too i think.I wonder how many more lost their items today in freya from those scammers.I was out to kill them when i saw someone saying that scammers are in hb and this is what i found when i went there  2lxa0d1.jpg .This is one victim, one other i dont know the name they told me he  lost monkey belt and something else , i feel so bad it was too was late to help them.They was trying to do the same at gc too and ppl was after them they draged some  ppl out of cave .I wonder how many more  ppl will cry for their items from those scammers.Beware with macros maybe new options dont work yet or ppl didnt activate or they have tricks to make them pk even after that options in gameplay .I dont know...... its sad.

ABOUT  IDIOTS, TERORIZING SERVERS, USING BUGS..

Whatif and others: You are right at all but its not the ALL TRUTH.

In this case, the whole truth have 4 aspects:

1st (BUG) - it is definitely a bug - Every char can get your target out of the town. Its not related with macro system nor with PVP  system. Every char can get your target, until you are NOT FLAGGED, even if you just stand and do nothing !!!! There was no (and still there is not) skills / commands for this.. So even a blind man can see this BUG..

2nd (BUG) - more related with your comments - If you start to hit some flagged char, and remove your hand from the keyboard, your char continue to hit, after the flag fall.. Without "Ctr:. without /attackforce, without macro.. I believe: EVERYONE WILL AGREE: Its not the behavior, we expect from our chars: to hit non-flagged players, without any command/action from us.

3rd (ppl, who use the combination of this 2 bugs to steal your itmes): Its simple and clear: every one can do this - to exploit and use this well known BUGs, but only idiots do this and GMs do nothing..

4th (and most unpleasant one) - GMs and NCSOFT protect this idiots, and prefer to stay blind to these obvious FACTS..

So.. if NCSOFT continue to stay "blind", PPL will continue to leave OFI in the future. The players now are 20 times less than before..

GL!

17 hours ago, StrahdVonZarovich said:

ABOUT  IDIOTS, TERORIZING SERVERS, USING BUGS..

Whatif and others: You are right at all but its not the ALL TRUTH.

In this case, the whole truth have 4 aspects:

1st (BUG) - it is definitely a bug - Every char can get your target out of the town. Its not related with macro system nor with PVP  system. Every char can get your target, until you are NOT FLAGGED, even if you just stand and do nothing !!!! There was no (and still there is not) skills / commands for this.. So even a blind man can see this BUG..

2nd (BUG) - more related with your comments - If you start to hit some flagged char, and remove your hand from the keyboard, your char continue to hit, after the flag fall.. Without "Ctr:. without /attackforce, without macro.. I believe: EVERYONE WILL AGREE: Its not the behavior, we expect from our chars: to hit non-flagged players, without any command/action from us.

3rd (ppl, who use the combination of this 2 bugs to steal your itmes): Its simple and clear: every one can do this - to exploit and use this well known BUGs, but only idiots do this and GMs do nothing..

4th (and most unpleasant one) - GMs and NCSOFT protect this idiots, and prefer to stay blind to these obvious FACTS..

So.. if NCSOFT continue to stay "blind", PPL will continue to leave OFI in the future. The players now are 20 times less than before..

GL!

Stop crying dude ... 1st isn't a bug it's working like that since YEARS even since BETA. And this is a basic knowledge that EVERYONE know.

2nd the looped macro isn't build to work to play and farm full AFK. You gone AFK away from your computer and back with your toon PK/dead. That's YOUR fault. That's all.

3rd NcSoft explained this already. Stop crying about it and move your ass lazy guy ! Lineage II is a korean farming game ! If you want to farm everything AFK go to private servers with bot softwares !

I'm not so sure I get it...

1. I buy a house with windows and place items with real money value in it.

2. I open the windows at night because I am hot.

3.  Someone crawls through the open window and steals my valuable items.

4. The police say it is my fault for leaving the window open.

5.  After the police find the culprit, he is patted on the back for playing within the rules.

6.  My items are not returned.

7.  I loose my house because I can't afford it after all my items are gone......

1 hour ago, Physics said:

I'm not so sure I get it...

1. I buy a house with windows and place items with real money value in it.

2. I open the windows at night because I am hot.

3.  Someone crawls through the open window and steals my valuable items.

4. The police say it is my fault for leaving the window open.

5.  After the police find the culprit, he is patted on the back for playing within the rules.

6.  My items are not returned.

7.  I loose my house because I can't afford it after all my items are gone......

From the user agreement: "License Grant - Any Service, Content or Game supplied by NCSOFT is licensed, not sold, by NCSOFT.". Turns out you rented that house and everything in it and the owners decided they don't care to have it back.

Let’s be clear on what’s in the agreement 

(c) License Grant - Any Service, Content or Game supplied by NCSOFT is licensed, not sold, by NCSOFT. All title and rights not expressly granted in this agreement, including but not limited to any IP right and the display thereof, are retained by NCSOFT and/or third-parties under agreement with NCSOFT. NCSOFT hereby grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, license for personal and non-commercial use of Service, Content and Game that is non-transferable except as permitted under Section 9(c). Nothing in this agreement shall limit the re-sale by You of the original tangible data storage medium (e.g. DVDs and Blu Ray Discs) on which the Game is contained.  YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY SUCH LICENSE WILL BE NEGATIVELY AFFECTED, COMMENSURATE WITH THE MATERIALITY OF YOUR BREACH, UP TO AND INCLUDING TERMINATION, OF THE LICENSE IF YOU BREACH, VIOLATE, OR OTHERWISE FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE RULES OF CONDUCT. IN THE EVENT OF TERMINATION OF ANY SUCH LICENSE NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS REASONABLE DISCRETION, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, ALL RELATED CONTENT, AND ANY CHARACTER ID, IF YOUR BREACH IS SEVERE ENOUGH TO REASONABLY WARRANT SUCH ACTIONS.

unfortunately... it’s my interpretation of what I’m agreeing to not what NCSOFT intended by the police. So NCSOFT can not decide what is intellectual understanding of the police. Witch is why the entire police is vague and incomplete.

I don't understand one bit of what you're saying and I seriously doubt your English comprehension skills. Either way none of this matters because Conguero made things crystal clear and y'all just come in here only to complain that you can't safely bot with NCWest's blessings. If you can't be bothered to read the forums or if you do, but don't want to follow simple guidelines it's your choice and your fault and most importantly your responsibility for whatever comes of your actions.

The license agreement is a known fact.  If you play the game you have to accept that fact and what results from it.  Nonetheless, a simple analogy that points out a game flaw that encourages less participation is an honest attempt to improve the game.  "Flaw" in this context refers to a game design element that reduces the marketability of the game.

I do not disagree with the sentiment that NCSOFT is well within their rights to make the rules.  My concern is for the longevity and entertainment value of the game itself.  Those of us who love this game want to see it it thrive and continue.  Unfortunately, it is increasingly apparent that that is not NCSOFT's plan and it is painful.

14 minutes ago, Physics said:

The license agreement is a known fact.  If you play the game you have to accept that fact and what results from it.  Nonetheless, a simple analogy that points out a game flaw that encourages less participation is an honest attempt to improve the game.  "Flaw" in this context refers to a game design element that reduces the marketability of the game.

I do not disagree with the sentiment that NCSOFT is well within their rights to make the rules.  My concern is for the longevity and entertainment value of the game itself.  Those of us who love this game want to see it it thrive and continue.  Unfortunately, it is increasingly apparent that that is not NCSOFT's plan and it is painful.

Excuse me but I don't think providing safe botting tools helps with the entertainment value of this or any game. It's also unrealistic that ncwest will go through logs every time someone ignores their warnings and macros while afk, dropping items and all. Personally, I'm disappointed more and more every day. Being an active player, that spends a reasonable amount of money per month is merely less and less rewarding with every update. In the meantime steps are taken to protect macroers and p2w thrives. Where's the entertainment in killing afk toons on a macro?

2 hours ago, Dargor said:

Excuse me but I don't think providing safe botting tools helps with the entertainment value of this or any game. It's also unrealistic that ncwest will go through logs every time someone ignores their warnings and macros while afk, dropping items and all. Personally, I'm disappointed more and more every day. Being an active player, that spends a reasonable amount of money per month is merely less and less rewarding with every update. In the meantime steps are taken to protect macroers and p2w thrives. Where's the entertainment in killing afk toons on a macro?

Agree to disagree.  Believe me, I was strongly in your camp in the early days when NCSoft looked the other way as illegitimate botting took over the game.  I was an active player then and an active player now.  Just food for thought....  Why add a "bot tool" to the game that the player has to continuously watch?  Seems illogical to me, but if you have an idea please fill me in.

Like you, I am more disappointed every day.  I suspect 99% of our reasons are the same.  Just our perspective on this one issue is a different.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, its so easy. Now that that they made it possible to configure /targetnext just implement it to accept a name parameter: "/targetnext Mob Name"

That way it will only target monsters with the name. no more ppl naming pets with mobs names.

Mean while, put a /target %self in the beginning of your macro.

I dont understand why you are making it such a big deal...? Just keep your PKs under the amount required to drop items, you wanna be John f..ing Rambo and PK all over? well gg then... dont blame ppl for luring you into PK or ncsoft or anyone.

Simple, use skills instead of /attack LOL  so it won't hit forever until the pink goes white.  who use /attack basic skills nowadays?   always /target a clan member or yourself in your macro loop and it's impossible for them to time... now with the blessing of Next Target --> Monsters.  It's MUCH IMPROVED, be grateful!  

• 3 weeks later...

Now for all who not know the simple tricks...

If you have no target any player that hit you will get targetet by you its system whise. When this happens and your macro use atk skills then you will flagg if you use it the second time on sme target you will went purple and in pvp state. a dubble use of atk skills working like Force atk.

So why you think they drag you from spot so you are out of target range....

Only way to get sure you get no atackers target is to target urself.

/nexttarget

/summonatk

/target "summonername

/nexttarget

/....

Archived