What does "Classic" actually mean? What's really in the game?

Colth

Hi,

I was wondering what "Classic" features are actually in the game and what is just appearing but not available?

The current fishing style, buff food and stuff isn't something I remember from my classic days from C3. Are Castle Sieges actually possible at the moment? Or clan hall auctions? I can't find the NPCs for them. I guess the hatchling/strider quests aren't available either?

"Classic" denotes a new subtype of Lineage II focusing on pre-awakening gameplay. You should not compare with Chronicle days, there's little in common between the two.

Regarding castle sieges: siege times have not yet been set. On the other hand, these are Tauti+ Light/Dark castle and siege mechanics.

Regarding clan hall auctions: permanent CHs were removed as they should not be available in Classic 1.5; provisional CH auctions are indeed missing due to whatever reason.

No pets in classic, only summons.

18 minutes ago, Devoid said:

"Classic" denotes a new subtype of Lineage II focusing on pre-awakening gameplay. You should not compare with Chronicle days, there's little in common between the two.

It makes me so mad when people go on about "back in Classic it didn't work like this, trust me, I know, I played it for 25 years and I was the bestest player on all of the servers". bleep, C1 does not stand for Classic 1, you don't even know what the bleep you were playing...

14 minutes ago, nbx said:

It makes me so mad when people go on about "back in Classic it didn't work like this, trust me, I know, I played it for 25 years and I was the bestest player on all of the servers". bleep, C1 does not stand for Classic 1, you don't even know what the bleep you were playing...

y.  and when they start to compare stuff with their golden Prima guide or w/e . :DD::D:D:
so epic.

THIS IS ANOTHER RENEWED GAME VERSION CALLED "CLASSIC" just like "Chronicle 1" back in the days.  it has nothing to do with before .
U can check here whats in the game. we playing on earlier patch but wiki isnt updated anyway.  https://l2wiki.com/classic/Main_Page

Our current servers has like 5 times lower rates then JP/TW/JR/RU/EU version .  meanwhile ppl saying "its NA classic its different from the others" . every other classic server has the l2wiki rates. taiwan, japan, korea .ru. eu classic.  for some reason they made our servers x0.2 rates so  u can buy more and more and more stuff from l2store .  and here u say "but its free to play ! "  so what?  japan classic is also free to play with x10 more p2w store.  but they dont have x0.2 rates.  this is nonsense.  35 lvl mobs drops same adena as 60 lvl mobs.  for this exact reason server has 1k bots at lvl 5-25 making ban meaningless to them cuz they actually make more adena then 40+ chars and they risk nothing  :D lol ,    i watched some russian guide on utube . 21-25 lvl he dropped x2 top No gr weapons, 9 boots/gloves. at abandoned camp.
in our server u lucky if u drop 1 boots till lvl 35  :D

btw , Welcome to Lineage II classic.   Would u like to buy some NCcoins ? 

Well, there're two school of thoughts here on what "Classic" actually means - the first school of thought, the Skelth/l2classic.club's way, is that you get back to old days with oldschool armors, oldschool PvP and oldschool "camp the good AoE slot with your friends for 5 hour straight" kind of farming.

The other school of thought which NCwest prefers is that "Classic" stands for "we're actually going to try to make the players as miserable as possible to force them into buying stuff from L2store and eventually (((((fix))))) it when we get exposed for the 20th time, obviously compensating this fix with extra items in the L2store so money money keeps flowing DOLLA DOLLA BILL Y'ALL!"

"Classic" is a standalone version name.

There are 2 kinds of "classic" servers existing before NA classic server: the EU(Skelth) server and the NCTaiwan classic server. The first is a pay to play server and is having normal rates without in-game NCCoin store. The later is "free" to play and is having VIP and in-game store.

Unfortunately, NCWest is having the later "classic" server settings for NA classic servers. It is with less drop rate, non-subscription, in-game purchase and some other especially to this version of "classic".

Archived