Why does it feel hard to get a clan/group

Grimblee

Hey,

I've started not too long ago and am in the lvl25 zone where you have to spend hours killing mobs to gain one lvl (like, right now I'd have to kill around 1000 mobs at the same spot to get to lvl 26).

I know it will get harder and harder but what I don't understand is why does it feel so hard to get a clan or find a group before lvl 30?

Is it because it is expected that you do your level 1-40 by yourself ? I was thinking, by going on such a hardcore verison of L2, that I would easily get parties for xp and such :S

I agree.  It's kind of a rough time yet.  The game has some high demands needed for a clan to be able to invite more than a small core base atm.  Even to get to first level requires 150,000 adena.  Best bet is to either form your own clan, and try to recruit 10 people, as others are having the same issue as you.  Or really hit the clan channel in the forums, and hope to get picked up.

5 hours ago, Sakumi said:

A lot of clans have ridiculous play-time expectations too. A lot of us who are coming back to this game are working full time with family's now.

I guess I've fallen into the dreaded casual bracket. lol

Lets face it. We, the veterans(by age I mean) from the old  l2 glory days, we reachead probably already 30ish and we cant compete with everyone just because of lack of time. But at the same time we enjoy more the game even without beeing so abducted by the grind. 

In my case im having funn pve and pvp with an 40ish character and hey...there's no problem if any other guy has a 60 character already. There are still a lot of players to pvp for the spot. That's why I dont understand all the criers....Its all about perspective.

On 5.11.2018 at 5:37 PM, Grimblee said:

Hey,

I've started not too long ago and am in the lvl25 zone where you have to spend hours killing mobs to gain one lvl (like, right now I'd have to kill around 1000 mobs at the same spot to get to lvl 26).

I know it will get harder and harder but what I don't understand is why does it feel so hard to get a clan or find a group before lvl 30?

Is it because it is expected that you do your level 1-40 by yourself ? I was thinking, by going on such a hardcore verison of L2, that I would easily get parties for xp and such :S

70 % of clans on servers playing some rat race who is first for hero/castles/raid bosses.

In the end after 2-3 months when you rich same lvl you will own 90 % of them in ollympiad with c grade armor and weapon.

Funny clans,

Dont worry 30 % there are clans what dont care about that, they will add you on basic 25 lvl or in second-third clan for low lvls (20-30 places in main is not a lot for now).

Just check clan info in "join a clan".

5 minutes ago, Dkny2yj said:

70 % of clans on servers playing some rat race who is first for hero/castles/raid bosses.

In the end after 2-3 months when you rich same lvl you will own 90 % of them in ollympiad with c grade armor and weapon.

Funny clans,

Dont worry 30 % there are clans what dont care about that, they will add you on basic 25 lvl or in second-third clan for low lvls (20-30 places in main is not a lot for now).

Just check clan info in "join a clan".

Lmao. In 2-3 months the clans that kill the big raids will be all in C grade, some of them in B. There are already B grade items from drops. The top CPs will also have a lot of level advantage over people who just learning how to play this game. If you don't have enough time to get into a hardcore CP, then maybe you can catch up to them in 2 years but you definitely won't in 2 months.

4 minutes ago, nbx said:

Lmao. In 2-3 months the clans that kill the big raids will be all in C grade, some of them in B. There are already B grade items from drops. The top CPs will also have a lot of level advantage over people who just learning how to play this game. If you don't have enough time to get into a hardcore CP, then maybe you can catch up to them in 2 years but you definitely won't in 2 months.

i talk that these rat race fans soon will end to 70 lvl and others ppls who are behind they will rich them in 2-3 months.

There is no things here like hardcore CP or hardcore servers with these garbage VIP 25 % or exp boost 50 %, this is called easy grinding.

hardcore is to play 14-16 h na 24.

6 hours in bed, 2 for eat and other stuff, and 16 in game, this is called nolife.

Here i see only group of mediocres abusing ncsoft VIP and exp boost.

Or maybe hardcore clans, what is here  a top clan ? 20-40 players with tier lvl at some poin of the game.

Hardcore clan is  "Be my frag" who changed server every 2-3 months after they own it, 80-100 tier players and another 200 low lvls.

That is called harcore clan or play, not some mediocres 40 ppls clans  with that silly Vip/exp boost easy grind.

Not everyone needs to be completely hardcore.  My clans all around 40s, we group together for a couple of hours a night and just bullshit while grinding.  Having fun playing the game, and wouldn't be playing it without those beautiful people. 

30 minutes ago, Zorin said:

I'd be in if someone wants to start a 20 - 45 ish clan. Just to level and for casual play.  No expectations due to career family etc. 

Aden server 

I'll probably do that tonight on Aden server. Your IG name same as your forum name?

17 hours ago, nbx said:

With all these VIP and exp runes, daily quesets etc.,  you can easily catch up in few weeks on exp, not few months. 

17 hours ago, Dkny2yj said:

i talk that these rat race fans soon will end to 70 lvl and others ppls who are behind they will rich them in 2-3 months.

There is no things here like hardcore CP or hardcore servers with these garbage VIP 25 % or exp boost 50 %, this is called easy grinding.

hardcore is to play 14-16 h na 24.

6 hours in bed, 2 for eat and other stuff, and 16 in game, this is called nolife.

Here i see only group of mediocres abusing ncsoft VIP and exp boost.

Or maybe hardcore clans, what is here  a top clan ? 20-40 players with tier lvl at some poin of the game.

Hardcore clan is  "Be my frag" who changed server every 2-3 months after they own it, 80-100 tier players and another 200 low lvls.

That is called harcore clan or play, not some mediocres 40 ppls clans  with that silly Vip/exp boost easy grind.

Well personnaly I don't see the issue.

School kids can play 16h a day to make up the fact they don't have money.

Working adults can pay to make up the fact they can't play 16h a day.

Seems fair to me.

You know I stopped mmorpg for that reason.

It feels super unfair to see school kids with too much time being server first when you can't play as much as them to get to the same point.

And it's not like you can just quit your job to play all days, what're ya gonna eat ? Soulshots ?

1 hour ago, Grimblee said:

It feels super unfair to see school kids with too much time being server first when you can't play as much as them to get to the same point.

And it's not like you can just quit your job to play all days, what're ya gonna eat ? Soulshots ?

I wouldn't say it's school kids, I don't think many of my clan/s members are under the age of 25 and most of us are in our mid to late fourties and early fifties level wise. Most of us have jobs and many have kids/families. The grind is nowhere near as bad as it was with vip runes and exp scrolls/daily quests.

As for op's question the big grouping factor comes in around 25-40+ when you start to hit orc barracks, partisans, forgotten temple. I would absolutely do ft after this patch as the adena and drops are going up. Proof of blood is also coming down in price as i'm seeing it for 10k/per now in giran.

2 hours ago, Grimblee said:

When you will realize ppls that achive something in this game doesnt mean pay or play 16h for day.

I had 83 lvl AW  (pvp dyes) with C grade armor + gloves helmet dynasty, A grade majestic and dynasty knife vs vesper/vorpal players and i fought already for hero 50/50 vs number 1 in that time in my class, i beat more classes that he did not had idea how deal with them. Server had already 2 years when i joined in total 8 years before he died.

Soon or later you will achive same lvl to whole sever, if you have brain and hands you can do hero, good pvp and stuff like that.

You pay or you play 16h for what ? You want first hero on server or maybe + 15 weapon ? What is your silly goal to push you for that.

I saw a player who played 2-3 years in a low clan with friends 1-3h for day and he become probably the best phoenix knight on that 8 years server where i saw many heroes in that class.

Why he did not pay, did not play 16+ hours ? Maybe he tried to relax not to join another rat race fiesta, in the end i think he achive that for what he played.

I was pure pvp player, and low pve farmer. I end with 3 top tear weapons + 15-16, dynasty + 10, vorpal + 6, full epics (aq,zaken from clan). I had heros and other shit stuff.

Only thx to my brain how to play or make money in unconventional ways and 2 hands.

So realize already that pay cash in game is like trening boxing and take some steroids because you did not had mood or time to work for that, like a cheater.

Realize that play 16h doesnt make you good, you just make some caprice/desire to yourself.

If you have less time you just need good champion for classic like EE, PS, SK, Tyrant and 1 earning and 1 ring for tokens from olly, some decent weapon or armor.

You play for fun, play what you want and how many time you want, soon or later you will achive same lvl same stuff.

Dont search for excuses like kids who play 16h or pay to exp faster "becuase i want...."first hero on sever or Antharas" empty desire of my ego.

Have fun and make to yourself a favor, dont chase that empty glory in rat race mode is pathetic, clans care more for pixels than ppls around.

Cy around, play hard go.

29 minutes ago, Dkny2yj said:

When you will realize ppls that achive something in this game doesnt mean pay or play 16h for day.

I had 83 lvl AW  (pvp dyes) with C grade armor + gloves helmet dynasty, A grade majestic and dynasty knife vs vesper/vorpal players and i fought already for hero 50/50 vs number 1 in that time in my class, i beat more classes that he did not had idea how deal with them. Server had already 2 years when i joined in total 8 years before he died.

Soon or later you will achive same lvl to whole sever, if you have brain and hands you can do hero, good pvp and stuff like that.

You pay or you play 16h for what ? You want first hero on server or maybe + 15 weapon ? What is your silly goal to push you for that.

I saw a player who played 2-3 years in a low clan with friends 1-3h for day and he become probably the best phoenix knight on that 8 years server where i saw many heroes in that class.

Why he did not pay, did not play 16+ hours ? Maybe he tried to relax not to join another rat race fiesta, in the end i think he achive that for what he played.

I was pure pvp player, and low pve farmer. I end with 3 top tear weapons + 15-16, dynasty + 10, vorpal + 6, full epics (aq,zaken from clan). I had heros and other shit stuff.

Only thx to my brain how to play or make money in unconventional ways and 2 hands.

So realize already that pay cash in game is like trening boxing and take some steroids because you did not had mood or time to work for that, like a cheater.

Realize that play 16h doesnt make you good, you just make some caprice/desire to yourself.

If you have less time you just need good champion for classic like EE, PS, SK, Tyrant and 1 earning and 1 ring for tokens from olly, some decent weapon or armor.

You play for fun, play what you want and how many time you want, soon or later you will achive same lvl same stuff.

Dont search for excuses like kids who play 16h or pay to exp faster "becuase i want...."first hero on sever or Antharas" empty desire of my ego.

Have fun and make to yourself a favor, dont chase that empty glory in rat race mode is pathetic, clans care more for pixels than ppls around.

Cy around, play hard go.

I pay VIP and xp scroll because I want to spend as less time as possible mindlessly grinding mobs.

You might say "go on the live servers then" well, no because those 4th classes are disgusting, I played l2 for the varity of classes not to see all of them condensed to 8 classes.

You might say "go on privates then" and I'd say no again, because I've been on privates for years and when your server close for whatever reasons and you see all those years of gaming disappear you feel real bad.

44 minutes ago, Grimblee said:

I pay VIP and xp scroll because I want to spend as less time as possible mindlessly grinding mobs.

You might say "go on the live servers then" well, no because those 4th classes are disgusting, I played l2 for the varity of classes not to see all of them condensed to 8 classes.

You might say "go on privates then" and I'd say no again, because I've been on privates for years and when your server close for whatever reasons and you see all those years of gaming disappear you feel real bad.

Belive me, even if i dont like Vip or exp boost is just my moral codex about that things and realy i dont care if ppls play with or without, i have my opinion  but they are free to do what they want.

I just said that ppls who watch forward and help themself with these boosts they really forget that there is new 20lvl+ players not only 35-40 +, and after we have topic like this.

And what you will do if you surpase that grinding mode, you will search for pvp at 70 lvl vs 50 lvl players, or you will go farm something new or camp ollympiad games 4-6 h for day.

And the circle spin same way, just with less numbers of ppls on top. Because every day around 20 new players will join this server.

At least they  have luck that 30 % of clans still watching their backs and see something more than top tear lvls and common stuff.

"I want to spend as less time as possible mindlessly grinding mobs"  For sure your reason is better than others who did not watch that in this way.

17 hours ago, Dkny2yj said:

Belive me, even if i dont like Vip or exp boost is just my moral codex about that things and realy i dont care if ppls play with or without, i have my opinion  but they are free to do what they want.

I just said that ppls who watch forward and help themself with these boosts they really forget that there is new 20lvl+ players not only 35-40 +, and after we have topic like this.

And what you will do if you surpase that grinding mode, you will search for pvp at 70 lvl vs 50 lvl players, or you will go farm something new or camp ollympiad games 4-6 h for day.

And the circle spin same way, just with less numbers of ppls on top. Because every day around 20 new players will join this server.

At least they  have luck that 30 % of clans still watching their backs and see something more than top tear lvls and common stuff.

"I want to spend as less time as possible mindlessly grinding mobs"  For sure your reason is better than others who did not watch that in this way.

But after thinking about what you said I think I understood what you mean.

By having those xp bonuses that weren't there before it's ruining the experience because some people abuse it to be HL as fast as possible and so create a lvl difference much faster than in the original game right ?

On 11/7/2018 at 3:42 AM, Grimblee said:

Anybody who doesn't need to work will always have an advantage doing anything competitive because they have more time to put in.

Giving up based on that alone will get you nowhere in life if you want to compete at anything.

13 hours ago, Shakedown said:

Anybody who doesn't need to work will always have an advantage doing anything competitive because they have more time to put in.

Giving up based on that alone will get you nowhere in life if you want to compete at anything.

I don't really want to compete, I just want to pvp for fun.

But it's not fun when you get rekt all the time by overstuff people who have nothing else to do....

Archived