Tyrant level 40 Armor advice?

Mikeha

I am currently level 35 Orc Monk wearing Moon Light Armor Set. I am now planning what armor set I want to go for C Grade and I am leaning toward just getting a Top D Half Plate Armor Set but would like to hear some feedback from level 40+ Tyrants. 

So far these are my choices for level 40.

1. Half Plate Heavy Armor Set: Top D Grade which is cheap and gives STR+ 1 and  more P.DEF than any of the C Grade light sets. :D

2. Plated Leather Set: +4 STR sounds amazing :)

3. Theca Leather Set: Cheap from Giran Luxury Shop costing C and D crystals :)

4: Drake Leather Set: Would be nice but too expensive for me :(

1 hour ago, dorukasama said:

Obvious choice...+4str its like a dye and only -1con. Set cost? maybe like 3-4kk

I have been looking at the sets on L2 Wiki and it seems Plated Leather is for Archers because the P.Def is horrible. Sure the +4 STR is awesome but you are basically a glass cannon and thats not what I am looking to be. Its not worth 3-4KK in my opinion. 

I am going with the Half Plate Heavy and just skip over C Grade Armor and just save toward B Grade. 

I can get a Half Plate Heavy set for around 1 Million Adena and like I said before it has more P.DEF then all of the C Grade Light Sets especially the Plated Leather Set and it gives a boost of STR+1. B|

12 hours ago, Mikeha said:

I have been looking at the sets on L2 Wiki and it seems Plated Leather is for Archers because the P.Def is horrible. Sure the +4 STR is awesome but you are basically a glass cannon and thats not what I am looking to be. Its not worth 3-4KK in my opinion. 

I am going with the Half Plate Heavy and just skip over C Grade Armor and just save toward B Grade. 

I can get a Half Plate Heavy set for around 1 Million Adena and like I said before it has more P.DEF then all of the C Grade Light Sets especially the Plated Leather Set and it gives a boost of STR+1. B|

Half Plate Armor and Plate Gaiters have 181 p. def. together. Plated Leather Armor and gaiters have 153. The lvl 40 Light Armor Mastery give you 18 more, so you end up with a difference that is waaaaay to small to ignore +3 strength. Also, while you need Plated Leather Boots for the set, that has more p. def. than any D grade boots (Plate Boots included, but that is not needed for the set bonus anyway), and you can use any C grade Helmet with Plated Leather, which will also be an improvement over Plate Helmet. Gloves are not needed for either set, so you can also use the best C grade gloves you can get. In the end, your real choice is between C grade heavy and Plated Leather, but deciding between Half Plate set and Plated Leather set is a nobrainer. Half Plate is significantly worse, especially if you plan on keeping it until B grade, as you will end up with about the same defensive stats, but worse offensive stats, while also missing out on the other extras from the mastery, like -25% chance for others to land a critical hit on you. As you level your mastery up, it also gives more and more p. def, and unless you ice your tyrant to farm a lot with other characters, there is no chance you'll have B grade by 52, and at that time, Plated Leather Gaiters+Armor+mastery will outclass Half Plate Armor and Plate Gaiters itself.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, nbx said:

Half Plate Armor and Plate Gaiters have 181 p. def. together. Plated Leather Armor and gaiters have 153. The lvl 40 Light Armor Mastery give you 18 more, so you end up with a difference that is waaaaay to small to ignore +3 strength. Also, while you need Plated Leather Boots for the set, that has more p. def. than any D grade boots (Plate Boots included, but that is not needed for the set bonus anyway), and you can use any C grade Helmet with Plated Leather, which will also be an improvement over Plate Helmet. Gloves are not needed for either set, so you can also use the best C grade gloves you can get. In the end, your real choice is between C grade heavy and Plated Leather, but deciding between Half Plate set and Plated Leather set is a nobrainer. Half Plate is significantly worse, especially if you plan on keeping it until B grade, as you will end up with about the same defensive stats, but worse offensive stats, while also missing out on the other extras from the mastery, like -25% chance for others to land a critical hit on you. As you level your mastery up, it also gives more and more p. def, and unless you ice your tyrant to farm a lot with other characters, there is no chance you'll have B grade by 52, and at that time, Plated Leather Gaiters+Armor+mastery will outclass Half Plate Armor and Plate Gaiters itself.

You go pay 7 Million for a set with less P.Def just for +3 STR.  

I can also mix and match C Grade parts with the Half Plate if I wanted to.  I saw a set of Half Plate the other day for 900K in Giran. Plated Leather is trash not because the armor is not good but it should not cost more than maybe 2-3 Million for the set.  As for B Grade dont count my pocket. You have no idea what I am able to buy now or in the future. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:59 PM, Mikeha said:

You go pay 7 Million for a set with less P.Def just for +3 STR.  

I can also mix and match C Grade parts with the Half Plate if I wanted to.  I saw a set of Half Plate the other day for 900K in Giran. Plated Leather is trash not because the armor is not good but it should not cost more than maybe 2-3 Million for the set.  As for B Grade dont count my pocket. You have no idea what I am able to buy now or in the future. 

Why ask for help if you were already decided? 

+4 STR for only -1 CON is a mega bust to your damage. If u want to do some pvp in the path to B Grade, is worth enought.

At B u need Blue Wolf Heavy for pvp, but who knows what your deicision would be? Maybe Zubei Robe?

GL with Half Plate.

3 hours ago, Pelukas said:

Why ask for help if you were already decided? 

+4 STR for only -1 CON is a mega bust to your damage. If u want to do some pvp in the path to B Grade, is worth enought.

At B u need Blue Wolf Heavy for pvp, but who knows what your deicision would be? Maybe Zubei Robe?

GL with Half Plate.

Another person that does not get something so simple. 

Plate Leather Set:  7- 8 Million Adena with less P.DEF

Half Plate Set:: 1 Million Adena with more P.DEF

I can get the Half Plate Set and also get my C Grade Weapon and some C Jewels from the Luxury Shop for what you spend on just the Plated Leather Set. 

No this is where common sense had to kick in. Which one is the better buy at level 40?

Even if Plated Leather has the same P.DEF as Half Plate I would still buy the Half Plate over the Plated Leather Set because of the prices of the sets.    Good luck with your squishy overpriced Plated Leather. You would be a 1 shot to me. LOL

On 11/11/2018 at 3:18 AM, Mikeha said:

Another person that does not get something so simple. 

Plate Leather Set:  7- 8 Million Adena with less P.DEF

Half Plate Set:: 1 Million Adena with more P.DEF

I can get the Half Plate Set and also get my C Grade Weapon and some C Jewels from the Luxury Shop for what you spend on just the Plated Leather Set. 

No this is where common sense had to kick in. Which one is the better buy at level 40?

Even if Plated Leather has the same P.DEF as Half Plate I would still buy the Half Plate over the Plated Leather Set because of the prices of the sets.    Good luck with your squishy overpriced Plated Leather. You would be a 1 shot to me. LOL

Well, I dont need more P.Def since im not soloing (Im at party with a tanky). If u dont have adena + need to tank cause soloing, then obviusly take the more heavy/cheaper, but if you want to do some decent pvp dont be silly and save some adena. If u cant afford the server prices u can try to craft too. 

6 hours ago, Pelukas said:

Well, I dont need more P.Def since im not soloing (Im at party with a tanky). If u dont have adena + need to tank cause soloing, then obviusly take the more heavy/cheaper, but if you want to do some decent pvp dont be silly and save some adena. If u cant afford the server prices u can try to craft too. 

I am not buying the C sets because they are not worth it, not because I cant afford it. 

If somebody just gave me 100 million Adena I will still  buy Half Plate Heavy  over Plated Leather because like I have said over and over and over its not worth 7-8 Million Adena. What part of this you dont understand?

Now, with that being said.

I found somebody selling a +2 Half Plate Heavy Set with Shield for 1.1KK. I sent him a mail and offered 1.KK for the set. He pmed me about an hour later saying he would take the 1Million for it. 

I then turned around and sold the Plate Shield for 500K so basically I only spent 500K for the Half Plate Set. The difference is night and day compared to that Moon Light Armor set that I had one. I will get Heavy Gloves and Boots later but I wont do that until later when I get into the higher 40's. Now I can focus on my C Grade Weapon. 

You all need to learn the game. Lineage 2 is a game where you have to do your research. B|

On 14/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, Mikeha said:

I am not buying the C sets because they are not worth it, not because I cant afford it. 

If somebody just gave me 100 million Adena I will still  buy Half Plate Heavy  over Plated Leather because like I have said over and over and over its not worth 7-8 Million Adena. What part of this you dont understand?

Now, with that being said.

I found somebody selling a +2 Half Plate Heavy Set with Shield for 1.1KK. I sent him a mail and offered 1.KK for the set. He pmed me about an hour later saying he would take the 1Million for it. 

I then turned around and sold the Plate Shield for 500K so basically I only spent 500K for the Half Plate Set. The difference is night and day compared to that Moon Light Armor set that I had one. I will get Heavy Gloves and Boots later but I wont do that until later when I get into the higher 40's. Now I can focus on my C Grade Weapon. 

You all need to learn the game. Lineage 2 is a game where you have to do your research. B|

You said that can afford the prices but then u told me a story about save adena. Nonsense.

If u can afford then go for full plate set, that's the way to go for a solo tyrant. You are who must learn to play ur class in this chronicle dude, do some research on skelth forums and stop saying such silly stuff.

20 hours ago, Pelukas said:

You said that can afford the prices but then u told me a story about save adena. Nonsense.

If u can afford then go for full plate set, that's the way to go for a solo tyrant. You are who must learn to play ur class in this chronicle dude, do some research on skelth forums and stop saying such silly stuff.

Its only nonsense to the uneducated. :S

This is exactly what I said,  

"I have been looking at the sets on L2 Wiki and it seems Plated Leather is for Archers because the P.Def is horrible. Sure the +4 STR is awesome but you are basically a glass cannon and thats not what I am looking to be. Its not worth 3-4KK in my opinion."

I did not say that I cant afford the Plated Leather. I clearly have said over and over that its not worth 3-4KK in my opinion and that was before I found out that the set actually goes for 7-8 Million.

So now that you have been proven wrong about the Plated Leather which you was telling me to buy you are now saying buy Full Plate Set that cost like 10 Million? Why would I buy a Full Plate Set when this Half Plate Heavy is doing better than I thought it would for me and I only paid 500K for it? 

You are all over the place dude, first Plated Leather was the way to go and now Full Plate is the way to go. Whats next a +6 set? LOL

I told you over and over that Half Plate is just the best buy for a Tyrant at level 40.

Next time do your research first. B|

Archived