Beware of scam

SRT10

2-3 days ago there was someone shouting WTS +9 Lindivor Earring. He COD me the earring for 60 Billion Adena i accepted the mail and equipped the earring. After the downtime i logged in only to find that the earring was gone. The only way it could be gone is if it was removed by GM for some reason. Is this the new scam sell someone something then have the GMs return it to them couple days later.... Now it seems i am out 60B dosent seem right to be scammed like this. If i was scammed by a fake shop i would take my licks but this is just plain stupid is it not safe to buy Items through COD/Auction house anymore. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i would not say the GMs are scamming but someone has found a way to convince them that they are returning a item that belongs to them. I am still waiting on a response from my petition which i hope to have item/adena returned but not counting on it. This happened on Chronos Server just hoping this post will save someone else this problem also wondering if anyone else had this happen.

This is a really intresting thing that happened here, if really is what happened. The facts you state are very plausible and hard to make a mistake there like a trade for example.
I would like to know the response of what actually happened couse if "gms" can interfere so easy in our inventories making changes becouse someone claimed a legit trade scamm or smthing thats a game changer for me and probably the majority of this game.
Edit: this has happened before but with RMT gear and they deleted that gear 2-3 years ago, dont know if they will refund you tho but update us

Same thing happened to our CP's tank, Chronos too. (I won't disclose the name here yet as we are waiting for a actual resolution of the case)

We bought a +6 Blessed Antharas, via COD email and then after 3 days, he got dced twice while ingame and the item was deleted.

Gm's reply was: The items has been returned to the original owner. 

Nothing about the original owner of the 30bil adena...

Beyond ridiculous reply from a GM imo.

We just bought an item and the GM's first reaction was to delete our item and not return our adena.

Is this the new Lineage we should play? Only trust NC store items, or are these dodgy too? rofl.

Still waiting for the next round of GM's replies. 

5 minutes ago, SRT10 said:

@Conguero 18 hours since you posted and not a word on my ticket. Murder investigations can be solved faster then this. This is simple give back the +9 lindivor or the 60 Billion adena that i paid and ban the piece of shit that is pulling this scam.

m8, why u attack someone ? it possible just a technical issue.  Where this anger come from .

5 minutes ago, SRT10 said:

@Conguero 18 hours since you posted and not a word on my ticket. Murder investigations can be solved faster then this. This is simple give back the +9 lindivor or the 60 Billion adena that i paid and ban the piece of shit that is pulling this scam.

Agree with that as it simply can not be that as from now on wards people can sent payment mails and then have GM return them the sold item without returning to the buyer their spend adena

NCWest, you guys are setting yourself up for a world of pain on your customer support department as so far we know this has now happened 2x by thew same scammer impacting 2 different players..

Return the items bought or their Adena, there's no other way on how to resolve this.

The story here is exactly how it happened maybe respond and ask the questions you need answered seeing how i wasent asked even one thing in my ticket yet. Maybe i can help clear up the alignment. 

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Conguero said:

This investigation is taking a little longer because the story provided here thus far doesn't align with what we've found in our game logs.

Hi @Conguero,

Our CP tank has opened a ticket on your Customer support page as well, explaining in further detail the whole transaction, providing screenshots etc.

Please, as this seems to be the same scammer, can you have a look at our case as well, in case it enlightens both cases better?

It is like 4-5 days now, that our CP is 30b and an Epic Jewel short.

I have also noticed a lot of people that are afraid now to trade, buy/sell items, in fear that they may end up in the same situation with us.

It a hamstring to the already limited market.

Many thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Conguero said:

This investigation is taking a little longer because the story provided here thus far doesn't align with what we've found in our game logs.

So, now is bad time for making trades with expensives items on chronos.

@safestash @str10 can you provide to me in private some names please, thats will  help.

@Foxes Unfortunately i cannot it was a random toon selling and cant recall the name. For me it was just a normal COD purchase and mail was cleaned sometime after I had no reason to believe i would need proof for any reason ... But safestash CP member has screens so i can imagine most likely same person.

@Foxes, we do have the name, and also it was mentioned on hero chat as more people got involved into this and tried to protect further trades.

In our case character name Juodasis send us the cod mail that we accepted.

My cp mentioned that it probably was the same person as they remember him shouting for both earrings, more or less at the same time.

Again, as the investigation is undergoing, I wouldn't want to spread further panic around people so I would encourage that people continue to trade and act normal.

This seems to be a scam or a greater magnitude that we haven't seen before, as the GM's first reply to our case, treated us like as if we where scammers.

"The item has been returned to the original owner", nothing mentioned about our adena, nor about us being a victim here.

as @SRT10, we would be happy with a resolution that would either give us the the items we bought, or our adena back, and at this point, I also feel that we have been mistreated so much that we should be eligible for further compensation.

It's not something that you expect, as a player to this game, being forcefully disconnected while playing, having items deleted from your inventory without an explanation, an email or GMs getting actually involved with the case.

I, as a community member and player for almost the entirety of the game, would like to know how was this possible, and what is being done to rectify/ensure this never happens again.

cheers

There are more steps involved to using 'Payment Request' mail than setting up a private shop, both get the same result. So if having to type the persons name, add the correct item, change it to Payment Request, put a correct price, and hit send to confirm can have complications in terms of appearing like a scam, is a private shop where all you do is drag an item, put a price, and sit down much safer?  Might not be wise to do any trading til we get an official answer.
It seems pretty straight forward, unless there is an issue with the IP of the mailing account prior to sending having changed from normal or whatever- what could constitute them recovering the item?  If you buy items from a scam shop they don't do anything to compensate you, so why should you claiming to have mailed a wrong item or something be any different.

I had a similar thing happen to me during the last Hungry horse event, I bought an Insanity Talisman from the Auction house, and a day later it was gone, vanished... I petitioned, got some very unrelated responses, but I pressed the issue, all said and done it took 4-5 days to get the item restored to me, the GM's never said why it was taken from me, just that they would investigate further, I was very stressful for me.... but atleast I got it back ... I mean all I did was buy the cheapest Insanity Talisman at the time from the AH... scams are everywhere, just remember to READ carefully any time you buy anything, some items share icons, and if you do everything right and the item goes missing, petition your arse off...

Hello fellow,

Yesterday evening i bought bloody light set +8 for reasonable price and was happy with it. Left account for fishing and when waked up in morning i got dc'ed from server. Just an every morning logged into game and i saw that i don't have armor on me and after checking inventory and equiped items there is no any set anymore!! How this can happen? I saw post before that there is same situation as me with jewels. The one difference that armor was send by COD and i bought it from name i can't remember and now there is no any COD letter while all other is. Do NCsoft starting to take items away? I lost 30b or set. Already wrotten to support and waiting for reply of them. I hope this will be solved.

My thoughts about situation in Chronos that don't trade any items as NCsoft geting back it to "Original owners".

Archived