Beware of scam

SRT10

3 hours ago, SafeStash said:

@Foxes, we do have the name, and also it was mentioned on hero chat as more people got involved into this and tried to protect further trades.

In our case character name Juodasis send us the cod mail that we accepted.

My cp mentioned that it probably was the same person as they remember him shouting for both earrings, more or less at the same time.

Again, as the investigation is undergoing, I wouldn't want to spread further panic around people so I would encourage that people continue to trade and act normal.

This seems to be a scam or a greater magnitude that we haven't seen before, as the GM's first reply to our case, treated us like as if we where scammers.

"The item has been returned to the original owner", nothing mentioned about our adena, nor about us being a victim here.

as @SRT10, we would be happy with a resolution that would either give us the the items we bought, or our adena back, and at this point, I also feel that we have been mistreated so much that we should be eligible for further compensation.

It's not something that you expect, as a player to this game, being forcefully disconnected while playing, having items deleted from your inventory without an explanation, an email or GMs getting actually involved with the case.

I, as a community member and player for almost the entirety of the game, would like to know how was this possible, and what is being done to rectify/ensure this never happens again.

cheers

I play on naia, just I had intentions to do trade my greater amethyst on chronos, I better keep it. Thank you very much for sharing this information.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sunus said:

Hello fellow,

Yesterday evening i bought bloody light set +8 for reasonable price and was happy with it. Left account for fishing and when waked up in morning i got dc'ed from server. Just an every morning logged into game and i saw that i don't have armor on me and after checking inventory and equiped items there is no any set anymore!! How this can happen? I saw post before that there is same situation as me with jewels. The one difference that armor was send by COD and i bought it from name i can't remember and now there is no any COD letter while all other is. Do NCsoft starting to take items away? I lost 30b or set. Already wrotten to support and waiting for reply of them. I hope this will be solved.

My thoughts about situation in Chronos that don't trade any items as NCsoft geting back it to "Original owners".

Usually payment requests are placed at almost the end of the list with mails sent to you. Check there. It should be there if you didn't delete your mail box.

4 minutes ago, Nuky said:

if you ask me, GMs didnt even bother to do any "investigations" and just did as the 1st ticket said. Since the guy who scammed you send ticket first -> your item is being returned to the "original owner" and you become to scammer instead of the victim. 

#GmsScammingPPL

And this is not just some passing by thoughts, considering that a big % of the tickets ppl send end up with ridiculous answers or answers that are not even related to what you are writing them about, cuz they have no idea how the game works.

So in your words we can't trade items from nowadays because every people who sells can write ticket and GM give it back items and also he will keep aden? Nice.

That's how Lineage2 works nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Nuky said:

if you ask me, GMs didnt even bother to do any "investigations" and just did as the 1st ticket said. Since the guy who scammed you send ticket first -> your item is being returned to the "original owner" and you become to scammer instead of the victim. 

#GmsScammingPPL

And this is not just some passing by thoughts, considering that a big % of the tickets ppl send end up with ridiculous answers or answers that are not even related to what you are writing them about, cuz they have no idea how the game works.

I dont believe that it is a deliberate act of the GMs, just is a new technique of fraud that surpasses them, I recommend stopping trades for a while.

46 minutes ago, Nuky said:

This, this, a million times this. The GMs who do ticket responses respond with the silliest, most irrelevant and unhelpful things 4/5 times.

It might not be a deliberate act of the GMs, but their negligence and wanting to answer tickets quickly without looking into the issues is probably behind a lot of these 'confusions'.

5 hours ago, SafeStash said:

@Foxes, we do have the name, and also it was mentioned on hero chat as more people got involved into this and tried to protect further trades.

In our case character name Juodasis send us the cod mail that we accepted.

My cp mentioned that it probably was the same person as they remember him shouting for both earrings, more or less at the same time.

Again, as the investigation is undergoing, I wouldn't want to spread further panic around people so I would encourage that people continue to trade and act normal.

This seems to be a scam or a greater magnitude that we haven't seen before, as the GM's first reply to our case, treated us like as if we where scammers.

"The item has been returned to the original owner", nothing mentioned about our adena, nor about us being a victim here.

as @SRT10, we would be happy with a resolution that would either give us the the items we bought, or our adena back, and at this point, I also feel that we have been mistreated so much that we should be eligible for further compensation.

It's not something that you expect, as a player to this game, being forcefully disconnected while playing, having items deleted from your inventory without an explanation, an email or GMs getting actually involved with the case.

I, as a community member and player for almost the entirety of the game, would like to know how was this possible, and what is being done to rectify/ensure this never happens again.

cheers

Don't involve me into this situation as i don't create any ticket to NCsoft or something. I bought both jewels from nick in Chronos "Hex for cheap price. I don't know what he did to retrieve items back. Im not scammer and im also always was answering you. Why you call me scam?

12 minutes ago, Juodasis said:

Don't involve me into this situation as i don't create any ticket to NCsoft or something. I bought both jewels from nick in Chronos "Hex for cheap price. I don't know what he did to retrieve items back. Im not scammer and im also always was answering you. Why you call me scam?

@SRT10 @Foxes the issue has been resolved. We received our adena back and a small compensation. 

I will not say anything more about the compensation and I will leave it on @Conguero , should NC feel that they need to inform the community regarding this.

@Juodasis I don't have anything against you.

The facts are straight as the screenshots we have chatting with you about the trade.

Just to reiterate and clarify for the rest of the community and so that they are aware, you said that you found this jewel on Auction house for 20b and now you said something completely different.

I'm sorry but I find it extremely hard to believe anything you claim at this point.

It should be up to the GM's to inform us about this kind of scam, as there has been quite some frustration on the market.

People don't trust to trade anything at this point.

Please, for the sake of maintaining and containing the situation, clarify on how this happened and how we can avoid being victims by simply playing by the book.

Cheers

2 hours ago, Nuky said:

#GmsScammingPPL

Fully agree, as long as GM are not investigating properly the tickets they are SCAMING THE PEOPLE, cause its the GM´s who steal the object from the owner ... again, and again NCSOFT just filling their pockets and doing a pathetic job, wich atm means they are really stealling us ... is not enough to steal our money with NCCOINS that now u do it right directly from our inventory??????? .... cause thats what really is happening ....

This topic worries me.

Glad the item was returned, I hope @Conguero.can shed some light and to reassure this scam won't happen. Oh and Conguero as we talk: Any comment on Adrenal1n bot? Dunno situation on Chronos and Freya, but on NAIA it's getting totally out of hand and ppl. already feel save enough again to use it in PVP and Oly like there's no tomorrow. Pls. look into it and make perma-bans on whoever you find using this crap.
You can ask Juji he was successful to remove zR and Tower so for sure it can be done again.

Talking about perma-bans, Conguero, when you lock this thread, could you maybe post what happened to the scammer (if it was a scam and not simply a technical problem)? Did his accounts get deleted? Did you blacklist his credit card number so that he can never play an NCsoft game again? And what happened to the GM who simply removed the item without properly checking the server logs? Did he or she get fired? Or at least get a reprimand?

46 minutes ago, Nuky said:

Why would they blacklist his credit card? its money going straight to their pockets lol.

A morally upright company would say that they don't want the dirty money of dirty people.

A rationally acting company would say that scammers not only give them a bad name, but also cost them real money. Even though the staff at NCsoft is not on hourly wages but gets a monthly salary, there is the problem of man-hours. The GM concerned, the Head Game Master and Conguero spent time and effort on handling the issue, time that could have been more profitably spent on for example dealing with the items deleted on January 17. Not to mention that scammers scam because they are bad persons, and precisely because they are bad persons, they will scam again and again, making work for the NCsoft staff again and again. In such cases the only appropriate solution is the terminal one.

But of course I know that NCsoft is neither morally upright nor rationally acting. So it was more a rhetorical question :D

2 hours ago, Yidao said:

Talking about perma-bans, Conguero, when you lock this thread, could you maybe post what happened to the scammer (if it was a scam and not simply a technical problem)? Did his accounts get deleted? Did you blacklist his credit card number so that he can never play an NCsoft game again? And what happened to the GM who simply removed the item without properly checking the server logs? Did he or she get fired? Or at least get a reprimand?

+1000 to this.

This is probably the most worrying and disgusting thing I've heard of in L2 since I started. Not because of the scammer, people will try anything, but because of the action of GMs. The stance has always been if you misprice or missell something, send it to the wrong person, get scammed for a similar item, then it's your own tough luck. So why on earth are GMs giving in to scammers and interfering with the game to allow this and half reverse transactions? Not only do they know nothing of the game, they clearly aren't checking transactions properly.

This game costs an absurd amount of money, yet the support for it is shockingly bad.

Should we be worried if we find mispriced items on the market now? If we misprice an item should we petition it back?

16 hours ago, EgglandsB said:

This, this, a million times this. The GMs who do ticket responses respond with the silliest, most irrelevant and unhelpful things 4/5 times.

It might not be a deliberate act of the GMs, but their negligence and wanting to answer tickets quickly without looking into the issues is probably behind a lot of these 'confusions'.

Same garbage most corporations rely on to keep costs down.

It's one or a combination of two things. Minimum wage support service or outsourced temp workers reading/replying off a script. Short of you pounding the table to get the ticket escalated to a senior rep. Nothing will happen. The people answering tickets have no real incentive or power to help you.

Now the real question is why do you keep giving NC your money?

4 hours ago, Jackl said:

Same garbage most corporations rely on to keep costs down.

It's one or a combination of two things. Minimum wage support service or outsourced temp workers reading/replying off a script.

The first line support is indeed outsourced to Zendesk. Those are the people who just have a database knowledge of the game and give completely unrelated answers to any questions that go beyond "my L2Store interface has wandered off the screen". But they don't have access to the player character servers in Austin. Removing player items can only be done by NCsoft's own in-house GMs.

The problem is that the Customer Service Team which is nowadays handling such issues is not a Lineage 2 CS Team but an NCWest CS Team, i.e. there is only one team which has to deal with all NCWest titles (Lineage 2, Aion ...). Of course nobody among them has any in-depth knowledge of any specific game, and they are also not familiar with the political situation on the servers (which players have a shady reputation, which ones are respected veterans). The result is they get easily deceived, like it apparently happened in this case. Streamlining never works.

4 hours ago, balanceLife said:

How Gms can remove any player items???

COD mail is a game moment! And GMs cant be involved in a game moments! o.O

NCsoft's line of reasoning is that GMs must be able to interfere with players' Inventories so that they can remove RMTed items, or for example the heavily overenchanted weapons that somebody made through an exploit some years ago.

The problem with this approach is that the cheaters' accounts stay intact, they just get a metaphorical slap on the wrist, being free to engage in the next scam or exploit a few months later. This is why in China we have the death penalty for income tax evasion and traffic offenses. Dead speeders can't kill again.

Of course, deleting an account or, preferably, all accounts that can be linked to a given person is a major act that can not be reversed, like executing an income tax evader in real life. Therefore investigations tend to be done rather carefully in such instances. This whole issue with the erroneously removed items would not have occured if a responsible employee of many years had taken care of the case.

On 2/10/2018 at 11:36 AM, Sunus said:

Hello fellow,

Yesterday evening i bought bloody light set +8 for reasonable price and was happy with it. Left account for fishing and when waked up in morning i got dc'ed from server. Just an every morning logged into game and i saw that i don't have armor on me and after checking inventory and equiped items there is no any set anymore!! How this can happen? I saw post before that there is same situation as me with jewels. The one difference that armor was send by COD and i bought it from name i can't remember and now there is no any COD letter while all other is. Do NCsoft starting to take items away? I lost 30b or set. Already wrotten to support and waiting for reply of them. I hope this will be solved.

My thoughts about situation in Chronos that don't trade any items as NCsoft geting back it to "Original owners".

After 18 hours of waiting still no any answer about this situation on Chronos server about mine 30bils or why set was taken. 

5 hours ago, 5unus said:

After 18 hours of waiting still no any answer about this situation on Chronos server about mine 30bils or why set was taken. 

UPDATE: Got message from one of the GM'S:

have checked your report and confirmed that your transaction was a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) 

In conclusion they can't restore my items because they can't find anything about trade but they were able to delete it from mine inventory (Still trying to get reason).

Just care guys about buying Bloody light set +8 as the scammer got your adena and GM'S back he's item to him and as a victim GM can't help you. It's legit scam way now.

if GM will write anything more about this situation i will update post.

So I want to be clear on this so no one else gets ripped off. This is only happening to CoD mails correct. No one has had any issues with AH items purchased being deleted or Private shop items purchased being deleted. I do a lot of business through CoD so I have to find alternate methods.

54 minutes ago, 5unus said:

UPDATE: Got message from one of the GM'S:

have checked your report and confirmed that your transaction was a P2P (Peer-to-Peer) 

In conclusion they can't restore my items because they can't find anything about trade but they were able to delete it from mine inventory (Still trying to get reason).

Just care guys about buying Bloody light set +8 as the scammer got your adena and GM'S back he's item to him and as a victim GM can't help you. It's legit scam way now.

if GM will write anything more about this situation i will update post.

WTF, that's disgusting, they deleted it in the first place. GMs should NEVER intervene in the game trading. @Conguero Should we all be prepared for this to happen now, is it not safe to trade anymore?

51 minutes ago, Ferine said:

WTF, that's disgusting, they deleted it in the first place. GMs should NEVER intervene in the game trading. @Conguero Should we all be prepared for this to happen now, is it not safe to trade anymore?

Yes im also surprised first that they deleted items and intervened in the gaming trade and also the secondly how fast they deleted items and how slow now they need to restore it. It looks like they deleted items before checking logs. 

Archived